Greenpeace: Crazed Hippies or Environmentalists with a Point.

• Thread starter David Schofield
  • Start date

DeletedUser13682

Crazed hippies, without a backbone. At least the Sea Shephards are fighing against the baddies.

DeletedUser14280

Well, it was just a banner this time. And it did have the right message.

I don't approve of Greenpeace most of the time, though.
I've heard that they confiscate pets, only to euthanize them theirselves,
so unless I'm thinking of a more extremist organization, that's greatly reduced my opinion of them.

DeletedUser

Well I suppose they have a good message that asks people to take action against Manbearpig... Err, I mean Global Warming, but all in all, If they want to protest, do it in a major city in the streets, not on a national landmark, and especially not on the best presidents face. These hippies... Excuse me, Enviroment friends need to do a more peaceful demonstration and they need to do it elsewhere. Im surprised that Rednecks didn't brake out the old 30-06 when the Greenpeace members started climbing.

And Celxius, you are thinking of PETA as well, not just Greenpeace, they both participate in cruelty to animals and are complete hypocrates.

DeletedUser14280

You're right, I think I must be.
Do you want to mention A.L.F. as well?

When does an organization like Greenpeace/A.L.F./Sea Shepherd/PETA cross the line, and become eco-terrorists, anyway?

If you were fighting for a better Earth, what would you consider crossing the line?
I'd consider formally declaring war AND injuring or killing non-combatants to be going too far.

However, declaring a peaceful war, not hurting a single person (or animal),
taking over an area without resistance and passing new laws for the reduction of harmful emissions/liberation of animals...
...Ooh, that's a tricky one.

Would any of you make war on a country to further your beliefs, if it was a non-violent war?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You're right, I think I must be.
Do you want to mention A.L.F. as well?

When does an organization like Greenpeace/A.L.F./Sea Shepherd/PETA cross the line, and become eco-terrorists, anyway?

If you were fighting for a better Earth, what would you consider crossing the line?
I'd consider formally declaring war AND injuring or killing non-combatants to be going too far.

However, declaring a peaceful war, not hurting a single person (or animal),
taking over an area without resistance and passing new laws for the reduction of harmful emissions/liberation of animals...
...Ooh, that's a tricky one.

Would any of you make war on a country to further your beliefs, if it was a non-violent war?

alf.jpg

ALF!

Now, as for "Liberation of Animals", I think I broke my laugh box when I saw you say that. I don't really need to explain my opinion on that comment because "Liberation of Animals" is just... Rofl!

Right now my dad is fixing a hamburger, Mmmmm! Tastey! Now, what I had for breakfast was Toast, Jelly, Egg and Spam. Egg and Spam are meat. Yummy, dead animal meat...

Now, moving on to how they become terrorists:
Greenpeace destroys large and awesome vehicles, PETA displays the ultimate hypocracy, Sea Shepard rams into large ships and are too stupid to be aware that they could sink the ship, and KILL everyone on board, not to mention pollute the Ocean with Oil, and ALF makes prank calls.

DeletedUser13682

But the Sea Shephards have their own show on Discovery, and are hillariously ignorant, and ill-equipped, and clumsy for Antarctic protesting.

DeletedUser

But the Sea Shephards have their own show on Discovery, and are hillariously ignorant, and ill-equipped, and clumsy for Antarctic protesting.

I'll agree with you there. It's fun watching them make stupid decision after stupid decision simply because they don't know what the hell they're doing, yet they won't admit it either.

DeletedUser

Those guys are terrorists if only for their stupidity. They are going to get somebody killed.

DeletedUser

I'd like to see them try and stop Chinese and Russian Whale hunters in the Arctic more often, I'd love to hear their show was canceled because of a Mi-24 Hind blowing their little boat out of the water :)

DeletedUser

I'd like to see them try and stop Chinese and Russian Whale hunters in the Arctic more often, I'd love to hear their show was canceled because of a Mi-24 Hind blowing their little boat out of the water :)

It seems that Japanese and Norway hunt whales more often, Japanese use whales meat for sushi or sashimi (Um...whatever), Norway needs food and whale oil.

I can't remember that whale oil could be made into perfume or not.

And those things(fishing include hunting whales) is one of the main industry of most Coastal countries.

Many Countries want to control Arctic not because of the ice is melting and there is a new short cut for shipping, but because of the possibility to find source of Energy under deep sea.

We are lacking of Energy these days, as if we want to have economic growth, we depends on energy more (Petroleum). For more details, I suggest you to read the BOOK "The Long Emergency" by James Howard Kunstler.;)

DeletedUser

I actually favor religious terrorists over Eco terrorists.
#1: They actually have a reason to go nuts.
#2: People don't get mad when you kill them
#3: They are fun to laugh at when ranting, with Eco terrorists you just want to shoot them in the head.

Religious terrorist= Crazy fella
Eco terrorist= Semi-******ed zombie

DeletedUser13682

Sea Shephards are the exception. They have a reason to go nuts, the killing of whales. Noone will get mad if you kill them. They are fun to laugh at when ranting, and trying to throw butter on a harpoon ship.

DeletedUser

I think there both different in there own ways:) hippys are the people who live in a van and hold signs up on the side of the road. environmentalists with a point are people who does something about the environment not just sit there and think somethings gona happen.

DeletedUser

Sea Shephards are the exception. They have a reason to go nuts, the killing of whales. Noone will get mad if you kill them. They are fun to laugh at when ranting, and trying to throw butter on a harpoon ship.

I don't even know how in the hell they got on the Discovery channel, has that channel stuped so low that they need ******s to assist their ratings?

DeletedUser13682

Yep. But they still have Deadliest Catch and Dirty Jobs and World's Toughest Fixes, or is that Science Channel? And Mythbusters.

DeletedUser

Yep. But they still have Deadliest Catch and Dirty Jobs and World's Toughest Fixes, or is that Science Channel? And Mythbusters.

I think its the 'Animal Planet' branch that they are on. It went from Funniest animal videos to... really gay hippie propaganda...

I think Steve Irwin was the only person who held that channel together, when he died, so did Animal Planet...

DeletedUser13682

Oh yeah! It is Animal Planed. It's hard to keep up with all the similar programs on different channels that are similar. I've never really watched Animal Planet that much.

DeletedUser

Oh yeah! It is Animal Planed. It's hard to keep up with all the similar programs on different channels that are similar. I've never really watched Animal Planet that much.
mythbusters and dirty jobs and deadliest catch isnt on animal planet it's on discovery channel