Good Builds

DeletedUser

hey guys just started playing yesterday and i'm having trouble finding a site that has good character builds on it. I'm very nervous about placing skill points because I don't really have an idea on what is useful and what isn't.

i'm looking to probably make a builder character first

DeletedUser

well.....its really what you want to do....you can do trapping and shooting...but i guess that's not really builder attributes...really you should probably just try adding points to skill you want, well at least for your first character...you have a new blank slate on each world you join...so you have the potential of 8 characters right now... so if you don't like the turnout of your first character, you can join a different world...

DeletedUser

Builder is simple: all attribute points in strength, all skill points in construction. A worker doesn't have to be a pure builder, but you'll be much more valuable to a town if you are, because you'll have more LP building, so you'll build more for the same amount of money. At some point you can start putting points elsewhere. Charisma/leadership is a good choice because it compliments construction well as far as jobs go, so the points in construction aren't wasted, and is still used in building town buildings.

See: http://www.weststats.com/Jobs/

DeletedUser

;D

World 8
Rank 323 Total
Pure Construction
Construction Rank 101

You're extremely valuable to a town if you're a pure construction.

DeletedUser

thanks for the tips guys I really appreciate it

what about for a dueling build? I already put some points into vigor on my first character so i might as well just make this a dueler. Gonna make a construction character next

DeletedUser

dueling would be:
attack:
1) vigor-increases damage done with melee weapons
2)shooting-increases damage done with firearms
3)appearance-increases your attack
defense:
1)reflex-resists damage done with firearms
2)toughness-resists damage done with melee
3)tactics- increases defense

:to others reading this please point out anything, is i have stated it incorrectly