Gold Rush

DeletedUser10077

Here we go with another idea I had after watching an old western movie the other night.

There's gold in them there hills

• A new quest only available to adventurers who are a member of a town , (post lvl 50).
  • They must go prospecting, at least 2 map tiles away from their town.
  • A random chance of finding a vein of gold.
  • If lucky enough to find this, then they must then move to the closest carving out claims for 8hrs, (same as founding a town.)
After completing this it could open up a quest for the Soldiers of the same town.

Safe Passage

• Protect the track of settlers. (time dependant on the amount of map tiles away from the town)
  • Repairing a covered waggon. (again time dependant on the amount of map tiles away from the town)
This could be done by any of the soldiers of the town, but they must complete both parts.

Following this the town could build a gold mine, where the claim was made. (More for the builders to do.)
This could be on simmilar lines to the fort, where all town members could deposit required items.

The Gold Mine

• Warehouse, for storing items needed.
  • Claims Office, (same as fort Headquarters, needs to be expanded to allow different mine levels to be built.)
  • Motel, (somewhere to sleep)
  • Fence, to protect
  • The mine, up to 5 levels below ground.
Items required for building.

• cash
  • shovels, pick axes, sledge hammers, planers
  • wood, granite blocks, iron rods etc, etc
I'm sure you all get the picture so far.

When the mine is fully built, a quest for the town duelers would open up.

Defeat the Brady Bunch.

• This could consist of several NPC duels, of advancing difficulty.
  • Chasing Bandits (10hrs)
Again, this could be done by any of the town duelers, but they must be able complete the whole sequence.

Arson

Following the failed raid attempt by the Brady Bunch, they decide to have revenge by setting fire to the outpost.
  • Fire fighting (10 Hrs) and or
  • Construct manor house (10 Hrs)
To repair the damage caused by the fire.

This quest will open up to the builders of the town, but they must be able complete the whole sequence.

Once all of this was complete a quest for all members of the town.

Gold Rush.

• Work the gold mine until you find 20 gold nuggets. (random drop)
  • The reward.........5 premium gold nuggets to spend for a premium advantage.
Once all town members had completed this the mine is to dissapear, or become a useless worked out or abandoned mine, so other players would know that this location has already been drained of gold.

Why have I suggested this? I think it would encourage a lots more interaction in the town. Everyone in the town will have to play thier part.
I have involved all character classes of the town. Could be something for higher level players to get stuck into when other quests run dry.

I have not stated any rewards for completing individual quests. These could be decided by the devs.

I know this would take a lot of coding by the devs. But could I have your feedback please. It does need a lot of tweeking this idea, but I reckon it could be a good one.

m.j:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

i like you idea. more $ and rewards.
the gold rush should be added because west at that time was all about gold rush.

DeletedUser

I like it but I think the duelers should do a different quest then chasing bandits, after all that is a pretty high job which requires really only two skill that duelers need to upgrade ( toughness, tactics ). Also like msingh said have some money/exp rewards for their efforts

DeletedUser

I like it but I think the duelers should do a different quest then chasing bandits, after all that is a pretty high job which requires really only two skill that duelers need to upgrade ( toughness, tactics ). Also like msingh said have some money/exp rewards for their efforts

Yea I'm with you on this. More for the duelers plus the soldiers need a bit more too.

DeletedUser

dont think distance should be included and i dont think the rewards should be nuggets but i DEFINATELY! like the idea of a cooperative town quest to do with classes.

DeletedUser

Yea it does sound good, but a bit complicated, If you know what I mean.

DeletedUser10077

Thanks for the feedback, I have finally come up with an idea that some of you guys like.

Yes I agree that the rewards could be improved, but I did say that this idea was in early stages and needs tweeking. I'm sure between us all we could improve this idea and try to get the devs to introduce cooperative quests.

Thanks again for taking the time to read and reply.

m.j

DeletedUser10077

but why 3 nuggets?

The reason I suggested 3 nuggets as a reward was because the title would be gold rush. I know we all get some premium advantages from earlier quests, but they are pre defined. I thoght that players might like to have these to use as and when they wished.

And yes I know I made a typo it should have been 5 nuggets for a premium advantage not 3 (sorry):D

DeletedUser10077

I see lots of views and not many replies. Please feel free to coment either good or bad. At least then I will know if you like tis idea or not. And if not I will go back to the drawing board

m.j

DeletedUser

Hi I like the general idea very much. You mention Duelers, Soldiers, and Adventurers - would there be anything for Workers ?

DeletedUser10077

Hi I like the general idea very much. You mention Duelers, Soldiers, and Adventurers - would there be anything for Workers ?

The workers would have the job of building the mine.... I reckon thats enough for them to do. However I see what you mean about me not giving them a quest to do. Point taken and I'll have a think about it and see what I can come up with.

Diggo11

Programming a "gold mine" to be like a fort would be alot of effort for it to just disappear...

DeletedUser10077

Programming a "gold mine" to be like a fort would be alot of effort for it to just disappear...

A good point and taken.

I dont know how many carve out claims icons there are on each map, how about instead of dissapearing then, it just becomes an abandoned or worked out mine so other players know that this location has already been drained.

I'm sure in the real life old west, there were lots of abandoned mines.

My original post has been edited stating this and also a quest for the builders has been added.

m.j

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I see lots of views and not many replies. Please feel free to coment either good or bad. At least then I will know if you like tis idea or not. And if not I will go back to the drawing board

m.j

I like it. ;)

DeletedUser

I like it as well - it gives a much needed extra dimension to the game. Once you smooth out the rough edges, I think you have a winner.

Well thought out - give yourself a Brownie Point :)

DeletedUser10077

I do think that cooperative quests such as this could be the way forward for this game. At least it could get more town interaction and get everyone pulling in the same direction.

DeletedUser

You have a winner !! I am very impressed with the thoroughness and thought you have put into this suggestion. I hope it does get implemented in the game. It would be fun. Thanks.