Frequently Asked Question(s) continued

DeletedUser

So many people posting and there is just not enough people to answer them all so I have some FAQ for new players.

Help I don't know how to put on clothes!

Open up your inventory and drag the clothes on

what job gives the best exp, money etc.?

Here's the a site to help you: http://www.weststats.com/index.php?page=jobs

I've been picking cotton for 2 hours and still nothing, am I doing something wrong?

Nope, your probably just unlikely keep working and you'll find it.

How do I get energy?

You automatically get 3 energy an hour even while doing nothing, you can get more by staying at a hotel

How do I get clothes etc.?

You can get clothing by working at jobs, you can also buy them from stores.

How do you duel people?

Click on their name and click the duel button

I died and I loss some of my money!

Next time put your money in a bank, it will be safe there.

You will also lose money if you lose a duel.

How do towns duel?

If you want to duel a town, you must have a mortician.

How much items can I hold?

You can up to as much as you like in your pack

I want to join a town pl0x!

If you to join a town then go here: http://forum.the-west.net/forumdisplay.php?f=18

what does praying do?

Increases your luck for a job to find cool stuff.

How do I get skill points?

You will get 3 skill points and 1 attribute point every time you level, the attribute point increases all the skills in that category by 1.

I want to do this quest, but I need xx labor points!

Quests are not mandatory, just wait and increase your skill points to do them, there is no rush for quests.

I want to start a town and want people to join!

To build a town you must have 300$ and 80 energy, once you have that go to a picture of a shovel on your map and click on it, it say whats the name of your town you want, make a name and press ok.

I'm doing this job and I keep getting less exp for it, whats happening?

Your losing motivation, the more you do a certain job the less you'll get, switch off between jobs.

I want a item at a store in another town but it's so expensive!

If you buy stuff from other towns the price is 4x, the best thing to do is make your own town and stores.

How do I get a donkey?

From a towns general store

I try mailing this one guy but he blocked me, how do I talk to him?

Well he blocked you, so any other ways is to...

* contact him on the forum
* ask someone to deliver a message
* create another account and talk to him, but your probably gonna get blocked again.

Can we noble towns like in Tribal Wars?

No, there are no ways to take over another town in The West.

I want to join a town, but no one will invite me I have asked 20 times already!

If your not invited then your either

a) spamming too much, people don't like spammers.
b) too low level, a recommended level to join or start a town is level 11.
c) a newb, get more familiar with the game.
d) or not very nice.

I can't get on to the West, what do I do?

The West might be going under a maintenance check, or they had a server crash, just wait around 15 min. If it is a maintenance check, just check the announcement that says when they will be done.

I got an infraction on the forums, what do they do?

You get infractions for breaking the rules such as spamming, inappropriate language, off-topic posts or insulting mods and/or admins. They are basically warnings, if you get 4 then you will get banned from the forums for a while or for permanent, so don't get them!

infractions will also expire after so long, infractions for spamming will be permanent.

I might add to this also over time.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

lol that was it, didn't notice I spelled it wrong.

for now, I'll just put that it brings luck, I will change it if we ever find out.

DeletedUser

yeah you definitely need to read it over again and revise all the spelling errors, forgotten words, and grammar

DeletedUser

You get 3 skill poitns per level, not 4. You also get one attribute point.

DeletedUser

any chance of this getting stickied or at least getting added to Lord Haste's FAQ?

DeletedUser

theres always gonna be loads of people who insisit to open their own topic to ask the most trivial of questions, this will only work marginally.

DeletedUser

mods and admins generally don't sticky threads just because you ask them personally.

DeletedUser

well everyone says its a good guide and its popular and people say it deserves to get a sticky, so ive been trying to get it stckied for a while now :)