***FRAUD*** Warning

• Thread starter DeletedUser3543
  • Start date

DeletedUser3543

Hello All.

I wanted to let you all know about a FRAUD warning that came up when I recently paid for premium using my debit card.

Now, let me state at the outset that I don't believe Innogames are dabbling in fraud and card cloning, however, it's not me they need to convince it's the banking system - well, certainly the banking system in the UK.

Now apparently, the reason for this is that the moment the payment is made it is registered in Hamburg [and an email sent to the bank to confirm payment], and also it is registered at the exact same time in the UK [and another email sent to the banking system].

Hence, the bank / fraud department assume that the card details have been sniffed and cloned and thus put a stop on the payment card.

Now, having spent the best part of half a day phoning the bank, and subsequently visiting the branch, I have finally got the stop lifted from my card, and can carry out my own business!

Certainly a lot of hassle that I will avoid in the future, unless the game developers fix this anomaly - it can't be hard to fix as most other online payments don't do this....

And please don't suggest Paypal, as they really are a fraudulent company :(

DeletedUser3543

What's wrong with paypal? I use them for ebay so I want to know if maybe I shouldn't be doing....

Take a look at the company that owns Paypal ;)

Now tell me that the company that owns them doesn't condone fraudulent actions - such as selling fake goods...

DeletedUser

Paypal is owned by ebay which totes a 'buyer beware' policy. Because it allows people the freedom to make their own auction listings on items that may not have a UPC or ISBN (official identification numbers) it is impossible for ebay staff to approve every listing that goes up for its authenticity. That is why the buyer must 'beware' and make their own judgment on the quality of an item before buying. It is also a good idea to contact an ebay seller if you're really unsure about a purchase.

That said; Paypal. I've never had an issue with it and when I've seen people have trouble in the past it's either a server hiccup, (like the one with the-west payments) or individual people defaulting on payments or illegally recalling them after receiving a service or good. A site that offers individual accounts like Paypal (or the-west for that matter) can't be held accountable if someone chooses to disobey their rules.

Just thought I should throw that out there if you were beginning to get afraid of Paypal or any other site like it (ebay, Amazon, Alibris, etc.)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3543

LOL.

You've clearly never tried to contact Paypal!

It took me 11 months to get my money out of them after I was sold fake goods. It took a judgement from the financial ombudsman before they finally paid up!! This after numerous communications sent to them and receiving replies from various places around the world!!

It may just be me being cynical, but I find it a bit strange that Ebay owns the company that handles its payments - not to mention that they charge to list an item, then charge again to receive payments!! - and will only guarantee purchases made through Paypal, but only if you can prove beyond any reasonable doubt they are at fault, and then contact the ombudsman who has a six month turn around because he has so many pending decisions to look over!!

DeletedUser

Were the items purchased ON eBay or direct?

I ask because for items purchased ON eBay via PayPal, they will almost always side with
the buyer, EVEN IF THE SELLER is RIGHT and the buyer is wrong.

Perhaps for non-eBay transactions they go to the opposite extreme.

DeletedUser

They have [poor] customer service (I know exactly what you mean, both ebay and Paypal are the same way), but they're not out to break any laws.

Again, if you use your head and avoid the purchase of fake goods/services you almost never have to deal with the C.S. issue. Wherever money is being passed around there will always be someone trying to take major advantage of it -- that's why your 'ombudsman' is so tangled up in reports.

If there is an advancement they could make it would be to employ more (knowledgeable) C.S. representatives to speed up the process of problem-solving.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3543

Were the items purchased ON eBay or direct?

I ask because for items purchased ON eBay via PayPal, they will almost always side with
the buyer, EVEN IF THE SELLER is RIGHT and the buyer is wrong.

Perhaps for non-eBay transactions they go to the opposite extreme.

Purchased on Ebay, using Paypal, from a seller with good rep, and about 25 sales....

Again, if you use your head and avoid the purchase of fake goods/services you almost never have to deal with the C.S. issue.

The item was marked as 'genuine' - Nokia N95 - and my emails to the seller elicited responses that it was a genuine Nokia product - it wasn't!!!

Even providing these emails and jumping through hoops to get a report done to say it was a fake, then pointing them in the direction of their OWN buying guide to show what to look for in a fake product, then providing photos of the phone I bought highlighting ALL the points in that guide to them, and they still refused to believe it was a fake!!

DeletedUser

My bank debit card never has workrd to buy nuggetts. I always a warning that my bank rejected the transaction. So I have to use a credit card to purchase nuggetts.

DeletedUser

Mine too -- but I've used PayPal for like 5 years and never had a problem with them, so I don't mind.

DeletedUser

There should be a Whining lobby, that would be a nice add on, no more complaints in the important areas :)
Indeed, it does seem strange that there are vastly greater amounts of whine being served in the saloon than beer or whiskey.
Maybe the name should be changed to the Whine Bar.

DeletedUser

Perhaps there should be a forum section where we can put all the spammers until they stop smores?

smores.bmp