Fort Problems/Recommendations

DeletedUser

I don't know if this is said anywhere else. I think since you can have "MULTIPLE" towns control 1 fort. Pool resources, builders, attackers/defenders, that there could be alot of use of a FORT FORUM heading, either in the upper left corner under the town forum section or in the fort headquarters. This would be very useful in getting information out in a reasonable and fast manner (From fort needs to posts that other towns might need that are in the fort.) Does anyone else have any opinions on this? I would welcome all manner of suggestions, Thanks.

DeletedUser

More things

I agree with most of your points, Hellstromm, but that construction points will go to next level will not be done because you need resources to unlock next level, so you just have to deal with it and be careful when you build.

And I have to add some things here.

That Fort forum would be very useful, but maybe we should make something like bulletin board for all members of forts, so that others won't see it, I mean I saw other topic where it's maker wanted to have forum to tell what resources will be needed so it is not seen by others.
I don't like that it is possible to put any product into forts, even those that are not needed, and people only waste their products if we don't warn them.

Here is picture of fort bug that our builder mailed me:

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/1996/fortbug.jpg

To left is situation where he claimed that he build 1 hour + 1 hour in row and he finished building with first one hour. But when he finished second 1 hour, he build 0 points but it still took resources. And note "Adventurers tower" name bug.

To right are parts that are still in German language, but there are more still untranslated.
There must be some system to avoid this problem in next update but it's going to be difficult, translators just have to look everything over carefully.

He also told me that there should be option to use your own money in fort building like it is in town building, so you don't have to go to fort to deposit first.

One important thing is that councils should not have right to destroy products or all product destroying actions should be logged in Fort log at least, or would also be great when only Fort owner town can destroy products. And there should be overview what products people have deposited, it takes pretty much data but still it is needed.

Of course there are some little things like Barracks should not have radio button at all, only room type and Sleep button, and some more that don't come into my mind right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

He queued 2 one hour jobs for that. The first one completed the job. The second one he could not finish because he needed to unlock the next level before beginning construction. So that isn't a bug, that is worker error.

I don't understand why you need an option to use your own money to build on a fort. If you are going to build on a fort then you must be at the fort. So deposit the money you want in the resource stock and build.

There is a log of what people donate. It isn't an overview but there is a log.

DeletedUser

I have noticed that when I tried to build, as Jethro presented, even though I was not able to do the next build, the resources were still used up. That, in my opinion, is a bug.

Diggo11

I have noticed that when I tried to build, as Jethro presented, even though I was not able to do the next build, the resources were still used up. That, in my opinion, is a bug.
I agree, the resources should be refunded. (And no motivation or energy lost obviously.)

DeletedUser

I agree with jethro that any items that are destroyed by "hats" should be logged

DeletedUser1105

Rather than make a new thread, I'd like to add an extra idea to this one:

You should be able to withdraw from a fort battle. To prevent abuse, you should then not be allowed to rejoin on the opposing side.

DeletedUser

Hello everyone again!

I'm wondering why there is no "Fort Forum".
Every fort should have its own forum, where members from different towns can discuss about the further fort upgrades, the next fort attack/defence projects and write about other fort relevant stuffs like exchanging their fort experiences, etc together.

And town founders/coucils from all the different towns will also have a commune platform for deciding the future of their fort.

"Fort Forums" will also simplify the organization of a fort, because town founders can easily make an annoucement in the "Fort Forum" for everyone, instead of writting around messages to all the allied towns.

Ps. (reply to previous idea):
You should be able to withdraw from a fort battle. To prevent abuse, you should then not be allowed to rejoin on the opposing side.

If you don't to join the battle anymore, you just stay away from the fort, when the battles starts. So you don't need the withdraw option.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hellstromm, I agree with you, although, like Denisero and lots of others said, the construction one probably isn't going to come out any time soon, or ever really. Still, I think that when having to put first the resources before building it, why do we need again more resources to start building? If you look when you do construction and click on it, you need more resources, that could be changed.

DeletedUser

He queued 2 one hour jobs for that. The first one completed the job. The second one he could not finish because he needed to unlock the next level before beginning construction. So that isn't a bug, that is worker error.

Of course it's worker error too, but how can you waste resources, and motivation on something you haven't done.
and he meant more those language bugs and name of building at top.

There is a log of what people donate. It isn't an overview but there is a log.

I did not know where it was, but now found it, thanks! But there still should be overview I personally think. And does it show when someone destroys a product?

This should be in fort FAQ too if it is not yet.

Show resources flow - here you can see who have put what resources. To access it click on Safe icon at bottom left corner in Resource stock window.

DeletedUser

Agreed monkey, I also think anyone that joins a side, but does not show up for the fort battle, should not take up a slot that someone who did show up can take up.

There should also be level limits, imposed by the attacking town and defending founder town. Also, towns (and thus their members) should be banned from either the attacking or defending sides; these bans being imposed by the attacking town and defending founder town, respectively.

In other words, in order of priority for stripping from a fort battle (should more join one side or another than is allowed to participate in the battle):

1. Online members in the fort (residents of fort or attacking town)
  2. Offline members in the fort (residents of fort or attacking town)
  3. Online non-members in the fort (level limit / not banned)
  4. Offline non-members in the fort w/weapons (level limit / not banned)
  5. Offline non-members in the fort without weapons (level limit / not banned)
  6. Any persons not in the fort at the time of the conflict
  7. Member of a banned town or below stated level limit

DeletedUser1105

I agree that you should be able to 'queue' at a fort battle and take the place of someone who no-shows. I like the idea of the limits, as long as they are 'soft' limits, like yours seem to be i.e. they just de-prioritise people of a certain level but don't neccessarily prevent them from joining in.

6. Any persons not in the fort at the time of the conflict
7. Member of a banned town or below stated level limit

I'm not sure about your number 7. Shouldn't someone below the level limit get preference over someone not in the fort? At least if the BLL is online.

I'd split it and have:

6. Online players below level limit (members prioritised over non-members)
7. Offline players below level limit (members priotitised over non-members)
8. Any persons not in the fort at the time of the conflict
9. Member of a banned town

That way, at least if people are not online, their place (which is not being used) may be taken by a lower level player.

Diggo11

Although people who withdraw should be counted as casualties when calculating battle XP so the winning side doesn't lose out.

DeletedUser

Top idea again Hellstromm.
The attacking town should defo have some control over who joins. Why have a player limit but do not restrict who can join?

Although you try to direct players as to when and when not to join, where and where not to go. For as long as folks keep putting Trout to fort resources, you're up against it.

:blink:

DeletedUser

Agreed monkey, I also think anyone that joins a side, but does not show up for the fort battle, should not take up a slot that someone who did show up can take up.
There is much in this thread that I don't entirely agree with, or do not feel very strongly about, but this is absolutely vital in my opinion. To have participants kicked out and excluded from a battle in favour of other players who are 'deserting' and not taking any part at all other than using up one of the 128 places seems blatantly unfair and abusable.

DeletedUser

I just look at it the same way as an uncompleted duel. If the person goes to sleep before the duel occurs, you get nothing from it but still lose the motivation and energy. I don't know if either is a bug, but neither really makes a lot of sense to me.

DeletedUser

I just look at it the same way as an uncompleted duel. If the person goes to sleep before the duel occurs, you get nothing from it but still lose the motivation and energy. I don't know if either is a bug, but neither really makes a lot of sense to me.

Its probably not a bug, but think about it. Take the duelers tower for example (cuz thats the only resources I memorized) So you put the flag, shipbell and rounds. And when you press construction (after you advanced it to the next level) You need iron rods, beaver traps and something else thats easy. So lets say then a person with low construction and other skills you need for building comes by and decides to try building for a change. He gets it up by.. say 6% and its now a total of 6%. What about then? You need more silver rods and beaver traps, right? Which is in a way a bit unfair. But nevertheless, its up to the admins and devs to decide I guess.

DeletedUser

If the person just doesn't have the skills, he'd most likely make a lot of mistakes along the way and waste materials. That's different than a master builder agreeing to finish off a building, but having it completed before he even starts.

DeletedUser

The construction issue was a peeve of mine mostly because i had a pure builder in one of the worlds, and it was a total waste when it came to fort building. But also, it was a turn off to setup 4 jobs to build in the fort, and someone beat me to them so I ended up wasting a mass of resources. With the forts, you can't take advantage of the premium of multiple jobs, nor does having extra energy help with fort building. Nor, for that matter, does the premuim of class buffing help in construction of forts.

So, from a pragmatic AND merchandising point of view, the present structure for fort construction is unpalatable.

DeletedUser

Fort Battle "Duel" Window

Sorry if this has been brought up before... I'm not on the forums that much and I didn't see it when I searched.

I think that it would be cool to have an additional window to display your strengths during a fort battle similar to what the the "duel" icon shows. Obviously we wouldn't need the options of where to shoot or which way to dodge, but just to display what our skill levels would increase to with certain equipment on. This could even be added to the "duel" options somewhere. I find myself trying on different shirts and hats and then looking at the skills menu to see how it effects my leadership vs. aim vs. stamina, etc.

So far I like the fort battle - just as long as that bug gets worked out and I can see whats going on!