Fort Buffs for Counties

Symbiote

i thought of a mechanic to make ff more interesting as we mostly do for event resources and to put good use on the shiny sets:

what if owning forts in said county added buffs for when playing there?

owning a small fort gives you 5% more XP/$/Prod/Luck there,
owning a medium fort gives you 10% more of each,
owning a large fort gives you 15% of those,
they stack and having 2 forts adds extra 5% and having all three add 15% extra.
if you own all three forts in said county, that would mean 50% bonus on XP, $, Products and Luck.

mostly we fight over land just because there is nothing else fun to do on the endgame, but what is advancing on the game faster was on the line? what if fort fight was actual important to gameplay rather than funny round shootout? we fight over forts mostly on the whims of the main alliances and they beef over petty matters rather than actual gameplay improvement. instead of one dude stacking ^3 gear he might think of sharing the pie with his allies and getting everybody to suit proper in order to conquer/defend their territory. now that would be fun.

thoughts?

aaaa11

by town or by alliance? also this is not fair to independent town
by the current fort spamming rule, only the two large alliances are allowed to dig in non-event time

darthmaul99174

I honestly like the idea but would suck on worlds with power imbalance. And you'd never get enough new players to fix that, and why would anyone change teams to support the guys with no bonus? Maybe when more worlds are merged.

corgiscarab

The West Team
Event Manager
I like the general concept of this because of the added incentives. Perhaps the XP and Cash bonuses are a bit much or perhaps you could instead get bonuses to speed and regeneration instead. Giving the bonus for product drops also makes sense but might be OP in that you are affording the dominate side even more of an advantage for building up the forts (if that is applicable).

Symbiote

by town or by alliance? also this is not fair to independent town
by the current fort spamming rule, only the two large alliances are allowed to dig in non-event time
If your town is part of the forts on the county it counts for you, independent alliances could cooperate and maintain diplomacy to protect their sanctuarium zones from the big league

I honestly like the idea but would suck on worlds with power imbalance. And you'd never get enough new players to fix that, and why would anyone change teams to support the guys with no bonus? Maybe when more worlds are merged.
I only have experience from Colorado and it seems somewhat balanced with openings for contestants, in a taken world would be a join or die really. but try adding people that disagree a lot togheter and eventually they break up again. power is always shifting

I like the general concept of this because of the added incentives. Perhaps the XP and Cash bonuses are a bit much or perhaps you could instead get bonuses to speed and regeneration instead. Giving the bonus for product drops also makes sense but might be OP in that you are affording the dominate side even more of an advantage for building up the forts (if that is applicable).
Yeah i pushed limits with the numbers but they could cap on 25%: small fort nothing, medium 5% and large 10%. bonus with one is nothing, two 5% and three 10%. 25% bonus at max. maybe a high prize could make the competition way too fierce for a casual game but 25% cap is good. speed within the same county is no much help with proper speed gear and regen could be a stacking buff too. now, what are all the implications in increasing the reward for dominating regions?

If i remember right the rewards for ff were loot boxes, those should come back as a whimsy treat tho. but my point is the incentive to partake in worlds forts conflicts more assertively for that will make a difference in progression, affecting every other pve aspect of the gameplay so much that you can't ignore and must take up arms to assert dominance over your territory. many interactions can emerge out of this, big league disputes could get intense if you owning one county the second one adds 5% to those values in all dominated regions. this could divide the world in 7 regions, 4 regions, 2 regions or one global government from a tyrannical ally. people can't handle being in the same town, imagine being under the same ally for so long. another possibility is to form sanctuaries on the map corners for alliances that diplomatically ask for mutual agreement to not be bothered on their region or some kind a protection from one strong ally. you could try and cooperate properly to share benefits or mutually secure total destruction and leveling up the fort fight scene. really tho, after high level you have four paths only: ff, church build, berry pick, brawl 1v1. adding this incentive to the main endgame aspect could have influence on all others, making the attention directed to it more assertive rather than indifferent.

big drawback would be people hating each other even more over digital land but that will be very fun to watch.