Fort battles - signing up

DeletedUser

im sorry but for me its late and i simply cant write too much but in my opinion people should not have to be at the fort battles in order to sign up. In means loads of people miss fort battles and it makes life very difficult for those that do. Im done. The main point im making is the fact that you have to be online and at the fort in order to sign up meaning that you actually have to go back online after who knows how many hours of travel and some people have lives (im not one of them but i like to make sure there represented)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I think i'll go premium so i can get to more fort battles faster!

DeletedUser15747

or here is an idea yallz. stop whining in the forum about it, and get on your horse and stop missing them. how come before now there has been over 200 people at one single fort. I think they could be bothered to plan to get there on time...
Just don't sign up if you can't make it, or stay around the area of the battle after you have signed up... simple!

DeletedUser

Just buy the Indian set for your character. That'll get you from A to B much quicker ;)

DeletedUser

You do get 24 hours notice of upcoming fort battles. I'm sure you could get there on time even without the indian set :p

DeletedUser

Avitman: im sorry but if you didnt know what a suppository was then you shouldnt have taken them.

Pardrus: yeh people have told me about the indian set but its incredibly expensive just for transport(plus its only 50%, compared to 150% for a $2800 quarter horse) not to mention time consuming.

Mr. Busey: most leaders wont send messages(or at least messages will have reached players) till only a few hours before the battle and i dont always check the fort battle screen(especially seeing as it doesnt flash blue - which it should :huh:) to see if there are. Besides id hope that not all players(avitman being the obvious exception) spends all there time everyday playing this game and that was my main complaint about time, my town in particular is a long way away from most of our allies fort battles and i can never make it there to sign up.

Carlson: i didnt know premium increased speed? (except for the tiny(oh so tiny) duelers bonus)

L8dygaga: whats 'rediculous'? naturally aside from how often you change your picture, which thankfully is only half as often as lAdygaga changes hers.

DeletedUser

P.S does anyone know if the best horseback riding clothes are better and i think elmyr said something about if you had less than 35 horse riding the Mexican was better, not sure if its true.

DeletedUser

Pardrus: yeh people have told me about the indian set but its incredibly expensive just for transport(plus its only 50%, compared to 150% for a $2800 quarter horse) not to mention time consuming.

Actually, it's even quicker if you have the Indian set, and ride the quarter horse instead of the mustang ;)

DeletedUser

You are right it's annoying to travel long distances just for a sign up, but it's for a reason. Only people who are serious about the battle take the time to sign for it. If we did not need to travel to forts, then a lot of players would sign up to all sorts of battles, forget about them or just decided which they actually want to attend later on.

I am Greenhorn in a world right now and traveling from one of the world to another is like 9-10 hours. A simple Quarter Horse will get you to 250% speed and you will be able to attend most of the battles.

Deleted User - 1693871

Just buy the Indian set for your character. That'll get you from A to B much quicker ;)

Mexican set (quarter horse instead of donkey) is faster, and can be used at a much lower level.

One Armed Ninja

Avitman: im sorry but if you didnt know what a suppository was then you shouldnt have taken them.

Mr. Busey: most leaders wont send messages(or at least messages will have reached players) till only a few hours before the battle and i dont always check the fort battle screen(especially seeing as it doesnt flash blue - which it should :huh:) to see if there are. Besides id hope that not all players(avitman being the obvious exception) spends all there time everyday playing this game and that was my main complaint about time, my town in particular is a long way away from most of our allies fort battles and i can never make it there to sign up.

Carlson: i didnt know premium increased speed? (except for the tiny(oh so tiny) duelers bonus)

L8dygaga: whats 'rediculous'? naturally aside from how often you change your picture, which thankfully is only half as often as lAdygaga changes hers.

Wow, just wow.

You whine about having to sign up to fort battles like everyone else has to, because you cant be bothered to check when fort battles are going on. If you gave a damn about fort battles and actually wanted to attend them in the first place you would check the fort overview screen.

What you shouldn't do is come to the forums, whine about it and attack whoever posts against you whining.

And AVIT, it's always a nice sight to see even the 300 marker being surpassed, means you're gonna have a good battle :)

DeletedUser

Do you even want to fight fort battles?

Greenhorn is a class too. Greenhorn has a character bonus too.
That bonus can be doubled with premium too.
[..Of course this is not "advice" for anyone..]

yallz, we just donT understand your problem. i was at 2 battles yesterday; got to the 2nd with only 20 minutes to spare. we sense a certain "lack-of-desire" on your part (?).

DeletedUser9470

I understand your frustration yallz its really frustrating when you are on the wrong end of the stick. tactics and fort calling need to change to sort things out. but most of all fort battles are about activity andhow active a group can be.
i agree with OAN allthough i reckon hes being a bit harsh on ya, only cos hes enemy!
kill! kill!
thats said, best value to speed clothing ratio is mex set and 1/4 horse, the indian set is 10% faster but a lot more expensive.
and every HBR point you have will also increase speed...
:)

DeletedUser

Another benefit of the Mexican set over the Indian set which I hadn't fully considered until a very wise duck (well, an idiot savant maybe) pointed it out to me is the health bonuses of parts of the set and the strength bonuses of the set itself mean you lose less health when you switch from fort gear to speed gear to travel to the next battle.

DeletedUser

Actually, it's even quicker if you have the Indian set, and ride the quarter horse instead of the mustang ;)

Padrus is Correct --> Indian set with Quarter Horse

Additionally you can use Mexican set with quarter horse. The set is just to get the travel bonus, but the quarter horse gives 150%, which is a lot more than the final piece of either set gives (i think 12% or 14%) and add what Elmyr said ^

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

lol i was pissed of this morning after spending all night traveling to a hotel right next to a fort, to sign up and then, I changed where I was going to then fort
cancel the hotel and then I had to walk another 9 hours, I think ill get there 30 mins before battle lol

See it took me 17 hours to get there, and your saying you cant get there in time? you get 24 hours notice like.

I'm still annoyed, I didn't know I would have to start again! :dry:

DeletedUser

OAN: thats cause i follow orders and orders always come out to late or perhaps unlike some people i dont/cant spend every second playing the west.- and i have a really REALLY crappy timezone.

Carlson: your creeping me out talking about yourself as more than one person.

My only idea was that it is very difficult to make it to some fort battles and that i dont see the reasoning behind not being able to sign up at before the battle, that doesnt mean im right but nothing is perfect and i can rarely be online for fort battles therefore i walk there but miss the battle because i would have to had been online to sign up.

DeletedUser3543

My only idea was that it is very difficult to make it to some fort battles and that i dont see the reasoning behind not being able to sign up at before the battle, that doesnt mean im right but nothing is perfect and i can rarely be online for fort battles therefore i walk there but miss the battle because i would have to had been online to sign up.

You have 24 hours from when the battle is initiated to walk to and sign up for a fort battle!

Granted you can't be online and some battles will be initiated in the middle of the night for you, but you should still get at least 12 hours to walk to and sign up for most fort fights....