Fort Battle MVPs

DeletedUser

solutions might be to make the opposition decide. They sure know who kicked :censored:. This way you get some objectivity as they dont really will have "favorites".
Somewhat true, but there will be several people on every world that every enemy hates.

DeletedUser

just letting the enemy decide means that they'll pick some random offliner, which defeats the purpose.

DeletedUser

Ok, from what I can tell most ppl here (in the thread) seem to like the idea - I do to - what seems to be standing in the way is a fear that it will be abused in some way by everyone deciding to vote for the same person (for some reason).

So, how about you don't get to vote on every person?

Say, after the battle each player is presented with an individually randomized list of 10-20% of the combatants (evenly distributed from both sides) and you get to pick 1-3 red and 1-3 blue from that selection?

Most votes gets the prize! (for starters it would be something symbolic, but if we notice it works there might be real prizes down the line)

If you want to complicate things you can add an implicit negative vote, so that each player not voted on by a player (cause they chose someone else) gets a negative vote of 0.1 (or something). I'm not sure of the effects or neccesity of this, but I sense it will prevent a person winning cause they happened to have their friends online and getting them in their list.

/Edlit

DeletedUser22685

Well if they're getting voted for the MVP everytime Futurama then they are most likely doing the most valued things in the eyes of the players there. I doubt there is one person that would ever get the achievement everytime, I'm sure after someone such as yourself got it a few times there would be others that do something remarkable as well that would get them voted the MVP.

I didn't mean people would actually earn the title every time, just that they'd ask everyone to vote for them specifically to get achievements.

DeletedUser22575

I know it would be hard, but I like the concept and I hope there's some way to make this work. What about just restrictions on how often you can win? Once per week, once per two weeks, once per 10 battles, w/e. It can't be too long, like once per month, I don't think, because you wouldn't want to run out of deserving candidates.

I like the concept also. Once every 10 battles or something similar would work I think.

DeletedUser

Say, after the battle each player is presented with an individually randomized list of 10-20% of the combatants (evenly distributed from both sides) and you get to pick 1-3 red and 1-3 blue from that selection?
Doesn't this kinda do away with the whole mvp idea? With this, it seems like some lucky people will get a door prize just for attending. ;)

DeletedUser17202

I know it would be hard, but I like the concept and I hope there's some way to make this work. What about just restrictions on how often you can win? Once per week, once per two weeks, once per 10 battles, w/e. It can't be too long, like once per month, I don't think, because you wouldn't want to run out of deserving candidates.

Yes I edited this idea in the abuse prevention section Elmyr, was also suggested something similar in world 7 forums I believe, definitely a good idea :) and also should be able to have slightly better rewards available if the time is restricted to once a week. But again this will be up to the devs and community when the idea is solidified.

Also Edlit that random list might prevent the true 'MVPs' from getting the chance at the reward, still its an idea that hasn't been offered yet so thank you :).

And Futurama if there is a delay between being able to vote for past MVPs would this make the idea more favorable to you or are you still against having any reward? I do value everyone's opinion and I'm trying to make this an idea that would be liked to the majority of the player base.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5677

Any half decent thought out idea is usually better than the "secret formula".:(

DeletedUser17202

What do you mean defender7? I believe that if this idea was passed there wouldn't be any secret formula, the rules for it would be clearly set out. The only thing that might be secret are the rewards as I don't know what the devs/community would find appropriate which is why I have many options as possible rewards :).

DeletedUser15641

good luck gogeta i wish your idea passes.Its more simple than my ideas combined!

DeletedUser

What do you mean defender7? I believe that if this idea was passed there wouldn't be any secret formula, the rules for it would be clearly set out. The only thing that might be secret are the rewards as I don't know what the devs/community would find appropriate which is why I have many options as possible rewards :).
Umm, Gogeta, it was naysaying-Defender7's half-hearted effort at supporting this idea.