First ever vdieo game?

DeletedUser

All these posts with Snes and N64 make me feel old, but I'm not even that old!! I still have two Atari's with loads of games that I'm hoping to find a way to play again in the future. le sigh

DeletedUser

LOL i remember the days of PONG and the 2600 so you cant be that old

DeletedUser

contra was the first time using the great konami code for me. up up down down left right left right b a. 30 lives suckas

DeletedUser

lol. Word!

EvenGod_Fullpic_3.gif

DeletedUser15762

First video game I ever had was NHL03 for the computer, by EA Sports.

wert718

DeletedUser

First video game I ever had was NHL03 for the computer, by EA Sports.

wert718

The NHL games got nothing on blades of steel. Pretty much just have to tap one button at any time and boom your in a fight. It was awesome. Now every time you try to start a fight you get called for slashing instead. So annoying.

DeletedUser

Thinking back a little further, there WAS this one really old computer game, it had submarines and ships and the objective was something about sinking the ships or submarines, it was fun and very outdated :)

DeletedUser

Do you mean the original sub hunter? It was a side scroller for the commador 64 as well as arcade. Or if your not that old there was silent hunter for the pc I found a screen shot of it.
sh_shot1.gif

DeletedUser

Do you mean the original sub hunter? It was a side scroller for the commador 64 as well as arcade. Or if your not that old there was silent hunter for the pc I found a screen shot of it.
sh_shot1.gif

It had to have been 10 times older than that even, lol.

It was just a blue screen with white markers you had to calculate torpedos and what not...

It may have been Silent hunter, but probably older.

DeletedUser

Dude, you must be really old then. The only one I know of older than that would be sea wolf. Heres a screenshot of the arcade game. The dos version that came out later might look a little different.
arcadeseawolfs3.png

DeletedUser

Dude, you must be really old then. The only one I know of older than that would be sea wolf. Heres a screenshot of the arcade game. The dos version that came out later might look a little different.
arcadeseawolfs3.png

Im not old my dad's old, 50's, and That has to be the game!

It just had a blue screen, I don't remember if it ever turned black or not and it had something to do with a joystick.

DeletedUser

You must have had it for the commador 64 then. Most arcade screens were black which is why it looked black in the screenshot. But the commador 64 had a lot of blue backgrounds for games.

DeletedUser

I may have, but it was for an virtually ancient computer, lol.

DeletedUser15762

The NHL games got nothing on blades of steel. Pretty much just have to tap one button at any time and boom your in a fight. It was awesome. Now every time you try to start a fight you get called for slashing instead. So annoying.

In NHL04 you can choose when to start the fights. You gotta know who your teams' fighters are and who the other teams' fighters are, the hit them really hard in 03. Otherwise you won't get any. Also, if you got 03 or older, you can turn off penalties. The fights come a lot faster then.

DeletedUser

I loved silent hunter still have it plus the commodore 128 but i started playing it on the 64 and loved that I could hook it up to my 36" console RCA tv, those where the days