Firefox Extension

DeletedUser

sounds like a great idea mate.

if theres anything a nooby like me coul do to help out just holler :)

Rip

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
A world timer? Without keeping the game open?

So, you're talking about something like a Firefox sidebar which has a countdown of the time remaining on jobs in each world without having to have the game open in the browser?

That's a possibility. The information on how long you've got remaining on a job is there for the taking.

Obviously, as soon as you close Firefox, though, all bets are off.

I'd like that :)

DeletedUser

Ok time for an update. The mods/devs don't appear to have a problem with it. Obviously, it's their prerogative to change their mind but for the moment it seems to be acceptable for public consumption.

Having used it myself for some time now there's one thing I'd like to iron out before I make it generally available and there are plenty of other "features" that'd be nice to add/fix as appropriate - which I probably won't bother with.

The thing I really want to sort out before making it available is data saving. Currently, if you shut down Firefox or the sidebar, you need to re-initialise the data. Re-initialising takes a few seconds (depending on your machine spec) during which time Firefox freezes. It's not long to wait but if you're playing on multiple servers then it's an irritation if you've got to do it several times a day. So, rather than having people baying for my blood until I fix it to save data, I'd rather get that sorted up front.

When I'm happy to release it, I'll post in the saloon with a link for the add-on installer.

DeletedUser24930

Firefox 4

i have firefox 4 and atm the saloon bar extension 3.9 is not compatible with it so it is disabled, is there another fix coming soon so that we may be able to use it once again?

DeletedUser24930

Now i have firefox 5.0 and i am guessing now that she is long gone the saloon bar is dead and buried and no longer functional until someone picks it up and makes it compatible with the latest firefox correct?

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
You can use about:config, boolean "extensions.checkCompatibility.5.0" - false.

If you haven't tried it already.