Find a cure (A Western Nightmare) Beaten unconscious

DeletedUser17173

I'm having problems with the "Find a cure (A Western Nightmare) - Beaten unconscious in NPC duels: 0/1" part of the quest.

I keep winning (both types of weapons), but still no credit on the "Beaten Unconscious". Is there something I'm missing?

DeletedUser

You either have to get KO yourself or you have KO the bandit (NPC).

DeletedUser34315

You have to KO the bandit, and make sure you have the quest tracker open. That sometimes affects things.
Have you KO'd a bandit since accepting the quest?

DeletedUser

I'm having problems with the "Find a cure (A Western Nightmare) - Beaten unconscious in NPC duels: 0/1" part of the quest.

I keep winning (both types of weapons), but still no credit on the "Beaten Unconscious". Is there something I'm missing?

Winning is one thing... taking ALL the HP and KO a npc is another.
You need to defeat 1 NPC by taking all his health. Only when you can do that, the quest will complete. (and forget about the weapons... you just need your best one).

DeletedUser36255

Yeah, you need it to say, "Victory by KO" or it doesn't count.

DeletedUser

a western nightmare

I have used my best weapon and i still can't ko anyone..anyone have a tips please

DeletedUser34315

Look for a NPC with low health, dodging, and resistance. Wear gear that gives you aim, appearance, and vigor or shooting depending on your weapon(vigor for melee, shooting for range). If you have the health to survive some hits, go all standing and aim for shoulder shots. Otherwise, aim arms and shoulders and dodge arm shots.

DeletedUser

Gandalf is right. Also, wear your best appearance attire and the best dueling buffs you can find. Get good at it too. There are way too many of these KO NPC quests. It would be nice to see anything different - even gathering 52 cards for a poker game.