films that shouldn't be remade

DeletedUser

I don't think that Edward Scissorhands or Nightmare Before Christmas really counts. I mean, those movies were made and didn't really catch on as a trend until much later. The movies he makes nowadays seem to be geared towards becoming an instant trend.

Yeah, thats true, the one thing I don't understand is why do people find those types of disturbing/romantic undead movies so fascinating? Plenty of people (Or, I guess emos) are obsessed with him and the movies he makes and I don't know why, personally I preffer Tarantino and his action movies because of the violence, and the classics, but Im taking a shot in the dark here and assuming that its personal prefferences, some people hate Tarantino for his linear story telling, and I like his linear story lines. I guess it would take an emo to know why the emos love Burton... Emo... That reminds me, where is Alex?

DeletedUser

I found Edward Scissorhands a creative spin on the Frankenstein novel. No point in remaking it because it was a remake.

DeletedUser

I found Edward Scissorhands a creative spin on the Frankenstein novel. No point in remaking it because it was a remake.
True, it was a retelling of Frankenstein, but I think it was sufficiently creative in its adaptation to be a worthwhile film in its own right.
If you are going to look at it like that Aliens was a remake of an old western film...
I generally don't like remakes of films at all, but they can be ok if they are innovative and different enough not to be instantly recognised, or if the director has a genuinely different perspective on the theme of the film.

One thing I particularly dislike is when successful foreign films are remade in hollywood for American audiences, usually with all the aspects that lead to their success removed.

DeletedUser12669

for me 'withnail & i' anyone who is a fan of this film might disagree but for me the ending of the film was spot on

DeletedUser

One thing I particularly dislike is when successful foreign films are remade in hollywood for American audiences, usually with all the aspects that lead to their success removed.

I had to think of "A Fistful of Dollars", then I remembered that it wasn't a Hollywood movie...but there's "Last Man standing" which would be a third setting for that very story then and it wasn't that good, indeed.

DeletedUser

Actually I just remembered about the Magnificent Seven, I guess sometimes a good foreign film can be converted into a good American movie, without too much being lost in the translation.

DeletedUser

Actually I just remembered about the Magnificent Seven, I guess sometimes a good foreign film can be converted into a good American movie, without too much being lost in the translation.

Too much was lost. The American version was a cheap imitation and pales compared to the original.

DeletedUser

I meant it is still a good movie, I know it is nothing compared to Seven Samurai, but at least it's still worth watching.

DeletedUser

Oh man........I saw Adrian Zmed in a production of Godspell when I was in highschool......he was so used to TV/Film he couldn't remember his lines and had crib sheets hidden all over the stage

DeletedUser

Well I'm pretty sure they won't be using the original cast. Although, I think I might watch it just for the laughs of seeing Shatner trying to do all those stupid rolls across a car. Lol. I have a feeling it would look something like Will Ferrel in Land of the Lost doing that.

DeletedUser

First Miami Vice, then TJ Hooker, does that mean there will be a movie version of Magnum PI soon?

DeletedUser

Oh I would love to see that. Brad Pitt or Matt Damon with a big pr0n stache.

DeletedUser

use mark walberg he's already been fitted for the pr0n 'stache

DeletedUser

Indeed he has. And you've found another of my secret shames. I <3 Walberg

DeletedUser

Indeed he has. And you've found another of my secret shames. I <3 Walberg

Marky Mark has had his moments. You can't argue with Boogie Nights.

I'm surprised you didn't comment on this one on page one:

I'll support it if Mark Wahlberg gets the John Travolta role. For some reason Boogie Nights makes me think he could do it, even though the films are unrelated.

DeletedUser

Because I only pay attention to you when you make me :p

Marky Mark (insert sigh) would probably be a good choice for that movie. I just don't think he'd do it. They'll get some up and coming actor for the part. Plus Marky is a bit old for it I think.

DeletedUser

Zach effron doing Sat night fever and a footloose remake t'would surely be a sign of the impending apocalypse