Feedback - The West turns 8!

• Thread starter DeletedUser8627
  • Start date

asdf124

Why was Henry poker card's luck nerfed to zero? Can you please at least make it 50%?

DeletedUser34295

I understand that the quest line is supposed to travel through some of the features in the game, but it requires quite some things that few people won't be able to do. Not everyone is 50+ to do burglary, or in a town to join a FF. Personally, I think that celebration quests should be available for toons 20+ or such, so that most people can finish the quest line. Perhaps change the requirements to watch a FF instead of participating or something.

asdf124

I understand that the quest line is supposed to travel through some of the features in the game, but it requires quite some things that few people won't be able to do. Not everyone is 50+ to do burglary, or in a town to join a FF. Personally, I think that celebration quests should be available for toons 20+ or such, so that most people can finish the quest line. Perhaps change the requirements to watch a FF instead of participating or something.

Anyone can join an ff, even townless players. The question is if it's overfilled and whether your rank/build qualifies or not.

Anyone can sell canvas.
I already finished the quest line.
Spoiler: You need save the saloon completed.

Edit: Does the soup break(becomes unusable) after the specified date?

Last edited:

DeletedUser34408

Love the questline especially the quest involving the fort battle, I haven't seen so many players at battles across all servers for a long time, excellent!

asdf124

Love the questline especially the quest involving the fort battle, I haven't seen so many players at battles across all servers for a long time, excellent!

A new soldier quest line needing soldier class to do 50-1000 ff would be nice :D

More quest lines with ff requirement would be great.

DeletedUser34862

Good feedback on the questline:

Excellent that this quest gets new players and others to fort battles, rather than encourage abandonment of fort battles to complete quests. This is how it should be on all questlines! :)

DeletedUser37529

it was very good to see this birthday bash unfold.... brought back some great memories for me...... as I am sure it did others..... the comments regarding questlines is right on..

perhaps inclusive of not only Fort Battles, but incentives to duel, and crafting as well........... I would say overall was a boon for us all, salutes and applauds to Inno.. fine effort and well received by us all........thank you so much.

ησχтєя :cool:

Snr Sarg

Why was Henry poker card's luck nerfed to zero? Can you please at least make it 50%?

I'd also like an explanation of the logic behind this.

As it is, all the items from this questline are useless, just taking up backpack space and causing more load on your servers when I request best work gear on a job screen.

Biggest disappointment though is that there were no parts of the quest requiring a duel to take place, even though jobs and duels were what got the game going in the first place.

Why should I be forced to do a fort fight but forters not forced to initiate a duel?

DeletedUser35533

poultry but at least it did not glitch out. I would have liked to see a full set instead of just few items. I think arrowheads should have been a reward for another part of the quest (to be used for the upgrading part).unique avatar addon would have been nice (maybe a big red 8 as a background). we still don't know what praying does so it would be nice if the cake had additional stats. overall it was nice, relaxing quest but also kind of mediocrity incarnate.I don't mean that it was not hard enough, I mean that even fun wise they did not go all out. as for dragging more people for fort battles, maybe its just me but most people I know went to Awesomia and maybe there were other reasons but both my teammates in adventures tuned out giving the sense they were there only for the quest (only got 7 points for my side and even that seemed like opponents mercy)making the condition "win" instead of participate would have made the quest harder for many but that could be compensated with sufficient reward. the quest goes to 27 of may (or something like that) and most of us are already done with it.
side note: quest icon was golden, don't they use some other color for the timed quests?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26820

A nice anniversary quest. Appreciated the skill point. See you at the 9th anniversary celebration.

DeletedUser35120

Why should I be forced to do a fort fight but forters not forced to initiate a duel?

Cause that would mess up the process of lowering the duel level for people who are actually trying to lower it without trying to bible duel. Also, the fact that initiating a duel would make people who don't duel appear in the duel page. With such a system in place this requirement for a one-time but seasonal quest would be extremely contradicting against each other.

DeletedUser34084

Well the questline is called "The history of The West" and it somehow follows the development stages of the game (Poker -> Pants -> Forts so on). Dueling has always been a part of the game, including it would've been kinda awkward.

DeletedUser35120

Well the questline is called "The history of The West" and it somehow follows the development stages of the game (Poker -> Pants -> Forts so on). Dueling has always been a part of the game, including it would've been kinda awkward.

Yea, true that as well.

DeletedUser36192

In any sense, i thought the quest was a nice bit of fun! Appreciate the little things.

Could have done with a bit harder of a questline but i understand it's for everyone so it couldn't be that difficult. So i'll wait and hopefully we get a more difficult one soon!

DeletedUser37520

It definitely was a nice quest. Hoping that we'll get something similar to it again.

Snr Sarg

Dueling has always been part of the game you say.

The quest is "The history of the West" you say.

Surely then logic dictates that something that has always been part of the game should be part of the celebration of its history, no?

I understand the reasons for not including a duel Anny, I get that, so maybe it should have been an either or, a decision tree.

To complete this quest you could

(i) complete on forr battle, or;

(ii) complete one (or more) duels

Then forters don't have to duel and duelers don't have to fort.

But as usual, the emphasis is on one part of the game, a part that fort attendance proves is not all it used to be.

DeletedUser33353

I seldom bother to post here anymore, but on this note....Sarg has the truth of it. This game has always been about the dueling....forting came later.

DeletedUser15368

I think that duelling should have had a quest of it's own, because it has always been a major part of the game, and we should celebrate/appreciate it, like we did with the other major additions over the years :)