Facial Hair

• Thread starter David Schofield
  • Start date

DeletedUser

beard7.jpg

This thread is about facial hair: What we think of it, if we have it, and if we want it, and whatever else about it!
:)

DeletedUser

Wanting to grow a moustache-goatee combo

I want to grow a moustache. I personally believe I would look much better with one, regardless of what everyone else thinks.

I've been considering for quite some time, and I've decided to try to replicate the Tom Selleck "Matthew Quigley" look:
selleck.jpg

Apart from the raw sexyness that is Tom Selleck, I want to grow a moustache much like that, as well as the verti-rectangle goatee.

Anyone else have opinions or tips on growing and then trimming up for a stache'?

DeletedUser

I have alot of facial hair on my chin and I hate having to shave it every other day. I don't know why but I just don't like shaving my chin.

DeletedUser

Go all the way if you're going to do it at all... grow a "Lemmy":

17303.gif

Whatever you do, at all costs, avoid the "******bag":

chinstrap.jpg

DeletedUser

I have sported a mustache in one form or another, since I was 16.
(Having a mustache means never having to shave at least 1 lip)
I've also had full beard, (Big Mistake!) and various 'patches' there of.

David, you may find your chosen 'stach just a "Dream". Facial hair grows, as facial hair WANTS.
My buddy can't grow a full beard. It comes out all 'patchy', and he looks like he was attacked by
a blind monkey with an electric razor! :laugh:

To start, try letting it grow Full, and "Settle in". It may never be thick enough for a "Selleck". Some
'Staches have a mind of their own, and will not be "Tamed"!

A mustache, or beard is a big commitment. It's life changing! (Not an exaggeration!)
Some employers won't hire men with beards, or 'staches. (Look it up.)

Heaven forbid one day you slip and cut off half of 3 years work by mistake! (Trust me, it happens!)
Then there's days (weeks?) of embarrassing "What happened to you?" Questions!
Or you're just too embarrassed to be seen in public! (That happens too!) :rolleyes:

I had to cut mine completely off for the first time in 20 years to go Scuba Diving. I felt Naked!
For weeks people kept looking at me funny till they realized what was different.

Be aware! It's a lot of work... and maintenance. Think of it as yer lil' pet under your nose.
Actually, MORE work than just a Clean Shave.

PS: Not all Women appreciate a good Mustache. Looks, and getting "Action" are 2 different things! :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Whatever you do, at all costs, avoid the "******bag":

Nah, the ******bag is the soul patch if you're anyone but Stevie Ray Vaughan. The ****** index is inversely proportional to the size of the soul patch.

JoeyGreco-09.jpg

DeletedUser

High Five, elmyr.
However, the Goatee is both sexy and a sign of intelligence.
freeman.jpg

DeletedUser

lincoln-petitgoatee.jpg

I know from experience I look excellent with a petit goatee.

And so does Abraham Lincoln.

DeletedUser

Another sexy moustache:
Frank%20Zappa.jpg

Frank Zappa and Tom Selleck have the sexiest moustaches so far :eek:hmy: