Excuse me sir, could you kill my baby

• Thread starter DeletedUser30834
  • Start date

DeletedUser

So you continue your pattern of ignoring the point and insulting the opposition.:hmf:
lol, victim fallacy again, I didn't insult you. Oh, and "what" point?!? Geez...

Also, it's not for you to decide whether a topic has concluded. Others may wish to voice their thoughts or opinions. The thread is still open, so respect the OP and stay on topic.

DeletedUser

lol, victim fallacy again, I didn't insult you. Oh, and "what" point?!? Geez...

Also, it's not for you to decide whether a topic has concluded. Others may wish to voice their thoughts or opinions. The thread is still open, so respect the OP and stay on topic.

I am weary of having to explain everything to you. The point is YOU DO NOT ADDRESS THE ISSUE OF WHY SOMETHING IS A FALLACY, AND THE INSULT IS THE INSINUATION(you may have to break out you dictionary for this one) THAT YOU HUMILIATED ME.

Before you reply I am sure we would all appreciate it if you take some time to think about what the opposition actually said before you reply.

As for the topic being concluded, I stated reasons why I thought the topic was finished, THINK then speak. I believe the topic has been discussed to its full due to the reason there are not too many ppl in the world that are going to be for murdering infants.:tumble:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16008

This topic is pretty much concluded as currently no one is really for terminating infants unless they live in India and the baby is born a girl.

Pretty insulting statement that, its been illegal in India for decades.

DeletedUser16008

Yes it is illegal but it is still a common practice, and as it is a practice ppl there could be for it as they are practicing it.

*sigh* No its not "common" practice, it happens but then again so does murder, rape and robbery, in most countries... dosn't make it "common" practice. And you don't practice something like that, its not a hobby or you get better at it :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

*sigh* No its not "common" practice, it happens but then again so does murder, rape and robbery, in most countries... dosn't make it "common" practice. And you don't practice something like that, its not a hobby or you get better at it :rolleyes:

So practicing is maybe the wrong word, but in India committing abortion based on the results of sonograms that may indicate if a baby is a girl is common enough that they had to outlaw prenatal tests to determine sex in 1994, and now if a baby is born a girl it is not uncommon for her to have an "accident." So point being is that if a societal norm is present it would be logical to say that there is a group in that society that would be "for" doing that action.

practicing present participle of prac·tice (Verb)
Verb:

1) Perform (an activity) or exercise (a skill) repeatedly or regularly in order to improve or maintain one's proficiency.

2) Carry out or perform (a particular activity, method, or custom) habitually or regularly.

Maybe practice would be wrong in this instance for the individual but for the group it applies at it has been done regularly or habitually on a large scale by the group. I think now we are really just getting into semantics and away from the topic at hand.

DeletedUser16008

"terminating infants unless they live in India and the baby is born a girl."

I really do hope an Indian read this... it is NOT habitual, it is NOT the norm it is predominantly in uneducated or rural areas where this still happens. India's population is 1,170,938,000 2010 if it were only 1% it would be 1,170,9380 which is hardly a large scale for the population and certainly no kind of norm. Its not good I agree but why not just say it goes on rather than trying to demonise a whole nation ?

Willy im prepared to ignore semantics but when you go throwing around board comments like you did your asking to be corrected.

DeletedUser

"terminating infants unless they live in India and the baby is born a girl."

I really do hope an Indian read this... it is NOT habitual, it is NOT the norm it is predominantly in uneducated or rural areas where this still happens. India's population is 1,170,938,000 2010 if it were only 1% it would be 1,170,9380 which is hardly a large scale for the population and certainly no kind of norm. Its not good I agree but why not just say it goes on rather than trying to demonise a whole nation ?

Willy im prepared to ignore semantics but when you go throwing around board comments like you did your asking to be corrected.
You are pulling a Hellstromm. My argument was that there were pll in India that could be "for it." Its a large enough group that they had to create a law against determining the gender before birth in order to stop gender specific abortions. If your going to reply to my post you should address the point I raised.

DeletedUser17143

If your going to reply to my post you should address the point I raised.

Firstly, it's you're not "your". Secondly, I'd have to agree with Victor here. He was replying to the point you raised. And in doing so he was pointing out how it is an invalid point because not all Indian people kill their unborn female children. It is a very, very small minority that do. India isn't full of barbarians. On the contrary it is actually a very civilised country.

DeletedUser

Firstly, it's you're not "your". Secondly, I'd have to agree with Victor here. He was replying to the point you raised. And in doing so he was pointing out how it is an invalid point because not all Indian people kill their unborn female children. It is a very, very small minority that do. India isn't full of barbarians. On the contrary it is actually a very civilised country.
So what you are saying is that killing a female baby because it is female is just as likely in any other country as it is in India? I would disagree. It is a matter of guilt by association. I never said all Indian people kill their female children unborn or otherwise only that it was not uncommon.

If it is embarrassing to the nation as a whole they would do well to enforce the point until it was unheard of, rather than just uncommon. It some one told you that "ppl hardly ever died in this house," would you still want to buy this house? Some things are bad enough even if it is uncommonly occurring it is still worth consideration.

DeletedUser16008

It is a matter of guilt by association. I never said all Indian people kill their female children unborn or otherwise only that it was not uncommon.

Being a Judgemental hypocrite aren't you ? makes you guilty of quite a lot being a Christian then by association....burnt any witches or sodomised any children lately :rolleyes:

For it to be not uncommon means it has to be more common than not... and once again your failing badly at speaking clearly

If it is embarrassing to the nation as a whole they would do well to enforce the point until it was unheard of, rather than just uncommon. It some one told you that "ppl hardly ever died in this house," would you still want to buy this house? Some things are bad enough even if it is uncommonly occurring it is still worth consideration.

It's not that its embarrassing rather the law has changed ... if you think you can police the biggest population on earth effectively and comprehensively you are mistaken. You don't know anything about india or the people, culture, religion or history obviously. Your example is like saying its ok only a few of us Americans torture people and lock them up indefinitely with no trail but im ok im not like that ... its not uncommon so obviously if your an American you could definitely be like that and your guilty by association..... total rubbish the same as your analogy above

DeletedUser17143

So what you are saying is that killing a female baby because it is female is just as likely in any other country as it is in India? I would disagree. It is a matter of guilt by association. I never said all Indian people kill their female children unborn or otherwise only that it was not uncommon.

I have heard of other places. The city in England I grew up in had to stop parents finding out about the gender of the unborn child because of the high rate of abortion of girls. Now I don't mean to put this all down to religion, but the main perpetrators of this were the Sikhs and Muslims. Which shows that it doesn't happen in one country. It happens in a lot of countries. China is also another country that has a high abortion rate of girls. In fact there are many across the globe. My argument isn't that it doesn't happen. My argument is that it's discrimination to put it all down to one race of people. Anyone could do it. India may have a higher rate than some countries. But it happens all across the world regardless of race or religion. Some families just do not want a child of a particular sex. And I'm not saying that I condone it. Because I don't. But any of us could choose to do it when we have children.

I don't see how you can compare it to buying a house. It would be more like a city. Some cities have ridiculously high murder rates. But that doesn't mean that murder doesn't happen in other cities around the world. It just means some places have a higher rate than others. Sao Paulo has one of the highest murder rates in the world, but that doesn't mean that every single person in that city is a murderer. And so I wouldn't regard them as such. In what you said, you made out that in India every family will abort a female child. Which is inaccurate and offensive. And above all it is discrimination against a whole nation.

DeletedUser

Being a Judgemental hypocrite aren't you ? makes you guilty of quite a lot being a Christian then by association....burnt any witches or sodomised any children lately :rolleyes:

There is a big difference of being a Christian and calling your self Christian. Being Christian is pattering you life after Jesus Christ which I never said I did. You assumed because I believe in the Bible that I am Christian.
James 2:19
New American Standard Bible (©1995)
You believe that God is one. You do well; the demons also believe, and shudder.

I'm not saying I'm not a Christian but it is not here for discussion.

For it to be not uncommon means it has to be more common than not... and once again your failing badly at speaking clearly

Okay you got me there, what I meant was it is common to take place rather than it happens more often than not... The antonym being "unheard of." You could say it is common for accidents to happen in a large city; that does not mean that more often than not ppl will get into an accident when they go for a drive.

It's not that its embarrassing rather the law has changed ... if you think you can police the biggest population on earth effectively and comprehensively you are mistaken. You don't know anything about india or the people, culture, religion or history obviously. Your example is like saying its ok only a few of us Americans torture people and lock them up indefinitely with no trail but im ok im not like that ... its not uncommon so obviously if your an American you could definitely be like that and your guilty by association..... total rubbish the same as your analogy above
It is not up to me to police their population, they should be able to police themselves. The guilt is if they are embarrassed or feel guilty by being associated with those who commit this act; it is not me saying they are all guilty. You are reading too much into my post.

DeletedUser30834

It is interesting how this notion of gendercide has turned into a religion bashing and personal politicking subthread.

Anyways, according to wikipedia, it seems that the original as stated "common" was somewhat appropriate. Of course it goes on to say it is also common in China, Taiwan, Korea, and several other Asian countries including Asian sub communities within the US and UK. I guess by some estimates, there should be 100 million more women in these populations altogether.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex-selective_abortion
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missing_Women_of_Asia

Perhaps it is time to edit wikipedia.

DeletedUser

I have heard of other places. The city in England I grew up in had to stop parents finding out about the gender of the unborn child because of the high rate of abortion of girls. Now I don't mean to put this all down to religion, but the main perpetrators of this were the Sikhs and Muslims. Which shows that it doesn't happen in one country. It happens in a lot of countries. China is also another country that has a high abortion rate of girls. In fact there are many across the globe. My argument isn't that it doesn't happen. My argument is that it's discrimination to put it all down to one race of people. Anyone could do it. India may have a higher rate than some countries. But it happens all across the world regardless of race or religion. Some families just do not want a child of a particular sex. And I'm not saying that I condone it. Because I don't. But any of us could choose to do it when we have children.

I don't see how you can compare it to buying a house. It would be more like a city. Some cities have ridiculously high murder rates. But that doesn't mean that murder doesn't happen in other cities around the world. It just means some places have a higher rate than others. Sao Paulo has one of the highest murder rates in the world, but that doesn't mean that every single person in that city is a murderer. And so I wouldn't regard them as such. In what you said, you made out that in India every family will abort a female child. Which is inaccurate and offensive. And above all it is discrimination against a whole nation.

Discrimination is not in it's self a bad thing, some one who has discriminating tastes for example only accepts things made from the finest sources. What you are talking about is discrimination without sufficient provocation.

Example: If you wanted to build a house out of wood you would not want to collect your wood from a forest where the trees were known to be rotten, even if you knew not every tree there had rot.

In the world however there are no forests of people that are free from rot of various kinds. That does not mean you should ignore the rot and make believe you don't see it to spare the pride of those who are free of the rot but happen to share the same grove. If every one ignored the "rot" then it would be allowed to spread.

Don't take what I am saying as you should discriminate against people; rather you should be discriminating against immorality in all its forms; the antonym being permissive.

DeletedUser17143

Perhaps you don't quite understand what you said yourself, whilst others do. What you initially said was:

"This topic is pretty much concluded as currently no one is really for terminating infants unless they live in India and the baby is born a girl."

I interpret that as it is said. No one is for terminating infants unless they live in India and the baby is born a girl

I'm hoping if I highlight that enough you will understand what you said. There were no exceptions. You didn't say some people in India. What you basically said was "Everyone in the world is against the termination of infants. Except for people who live in India who will kill their baby if it is a girl." I hope when worded like that you can understand what was said. Like I said there were no exceptions nor explanations. Just a statement that offends an entire country and its population.

DeletedUser

Perhaps you don't quite understand what you said yourself, whilst others do. What you initially said was:

"This topic is pretty much concluded as currently no one is really for terminating infants unless they live in India and the baby is born a girl."

I interpret that as it is said. No one is for terminating infants unless they live in India and the baby is born a girl

I'm hoping if I highlight that enough you will understand what you said. There were no exceptions. You didn't say some people in India. What you basically said was "Everyone in the world is against the termination of infants. Except for people who live in India who will kill their baby if it is a girl." I hope when worded like that you can understand what was said. Like I said there were no exceptions nor explanations. Just a statement that offends an entire country and its population.
True, I will be more careful how I word my posts.:cool: What I meant was the topic was so outrageous that it would not have a proponent in the vast majority of society. That sort of thing is only heard of by a minority of people in places where it has taken place as a cultural behavior.

PS: Not mentioning criminally insane or otherwise insane perpetrators as they would not be much of a proponent anyway.

DeletedUser17143

It is interesting how this notion of gendercide has turned into a religion bashing and personal politicking subthread.

Anyways, according to wikipedia, it seems that the original as stated "common" was somewhat appropriate. Of course it goes on to say it is also common in China, Taiwan, Korea, and several other Asian countries including Asian sub communities within the US and UK. I guess by some estimates, there should be 100 million more women in these populations altogether.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex-selective_abortion
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missing_Women_of_Asia

Perhaps it is time to edit wikipedia.

Perhaps it is time to stop using wikipedia as your source of intelligence. You would be better served by FOX News. And that is not a compliment to FOX News.

DeletedUser1121

Please try and stay on topic. While i don't mind good discussions spinning of from the current one, you guys wereń't really taking it anywhere.