Excessive damage on jobs

The first queued job often returns 10x normal damage-eg.
Angry customers are throwing empty bottles at you. You have to admit that you are not the best singer.
You lose 1182 health points.

Normally I'd only take 118 damage for that. It's always the first job (15s) and after that behaviour is normal., and I've only noticed it on jobs from the central sector such as Stage Performer, Doctor etc.

Thanks for the response. This makes perfect sense as I usually change into XP clothes en route and I guess the server needs to be explicitly notified. I've noticed the same effect in working 'premium' jobs where I don't always get the buff from the get-go. So, thanks for the work-around but it's another piece of micro-management that I'd prefer not to have to fiddle with!

Killer Bonnie

walk to the nearest ghost town or town or questgiver closest to the job then change clothes en route to that location then que jobs once in your work gear

Caerdwyn

Or pick a different task off the radial to march to, one that is easy even in Speed Gear. Then, while on the march, change into Best Gear for the task you actually want and queue up.

Beefmeister

Thanks for the response. This makes perfect sense as I usually change into XP clothes en route and I guess the server needs to be explicitly notified. I've noticed the same effect in working 'premium' jobs where I don't always get the buff from the get-go. So, thanks for the work-around but it's another piece of micro-management that I'd prefer not to have to fiddle with!
you queue a job with the speed set to go there>put the working clothes for the specific job you want>queue jobs>cancel the job queued with the speed set>equip the set with the bonus you want>profit