Evil Overlords RP

DeletedUser

Kith, if Midrek's forces are invading Sargonoth, you have to remember two things:
a) There are dead bodies strewn everywhere.
b) Choker, and many of his men, are strong necromancers.
There may be a lot of them, but soulless walking corpses are scarcely a match for living men whose lifestyles revolve around combat.

The Nakurian warriors finally arrived at the border of Sargonoth. The stench of death contaminated the air, making the air nigh unbreathable. Regardless, they pressed on, not allowing a mere smell to stop them.

Midrek gave a warning to his men: "Watch yourselves, any of these stiffs could be raised at any moment."
"Wonderful", a commander responded. "How are we supposed to kill something that's already dead?"

They continued marching, with their boots crushing the brittle bones of ancient corpses. Occasionally, one of them would slash at a corpse's head with his weapon, in the hopes of preventing it from being raised.

Eventually, they spotted a Sargonothian (is that the proper adjective?) on the horizon. "Avoid contact for now", Midrek ordered. "Arm the ballistae and have your weapons at the ready, should they try anything." The warriors promptly complied, and were quickly prepared for whatever might occur.

Midrek observed the ranks of his warriors. Each man had trained for this day since they were old enough to hold a sword. Most of them had fought before, and each knew how to fight. Midrek gripped his hand-forged kamanuki, and took comfort in knowing that since it could slice through a living man, a dead one should prove little more challenging.

DeletedUser

(KiTH, is this before or during Crude's and his assasin's trip to the majic expo? Because this seems to be taking place in more than just a few hours.)

DeletedUser14280

In Sargonoth.

I think it might be happening at the same time. Fast army is fast.
And Kith, ordinary zombies are not much of a challenge.
Dark magic-wielding zombies, killer banshees and malicious ghosts? More of a challenge.
Throw in a genius loci and a small army of winged things too? Big trouble.
When I say strong necromancers, I mean it.

A ghostly wail pierced the air, and the dead bodies lying around began to shudder.

The first zombie animated before the soldiers.
With a primal growl, it took a step forward, and dark energy formed a shell around it.
It raised a hand, and a blade black as night appeared in it, the edge razor sharp.
The zombie lowered the hand with the sword in it, tilted its head in recognition of the soldiers, and charged.

Around, other bodies were beginning to rise.

(Write a fight scene, Kith! And make it good!)

DeletedUser

(Well, he did say so-and-so's arm fell in 11 days, so I assume him to be moving out of our time frame.)

DeletedUser

Well, now you tell me.
(Yeah, my side of the story started a bit before yours. We'll say it's up to speed now.)

The Nakurians saw the creature rise, with a newly-materialized weapon.
They then saw it charging straight for them, poised to attack.
It was a truly horrid creature, with it's decomposed flesh barely clinging to the remaining bones.

The Nakurians were positioned with polearms in the front to discourage charges, and when the creature reached the line, it was quickly impaled.
It squirmed and tried recover, only to die again.
Then more arose, with more weapons appearing out of the dark aurora, and these new beings charged in the same manner.

"Well don't just stand there!" Midrek barked.
"Get those ballistae in a better position!"
The ballista crews complied, and swiftly pivoted the ballistae to cover attacks from all directions. They began to rain bolts upon the creatures.

The warriors knew the situation now. They were more than ready for battle.
Their veins bulged, their teeth were gritted, and their eyes were red with sheer determination.
In unison, they released their blood-freezing battle cries, creating one large stir of noise, a symphony of individual spirits.

The creatures had swelled in numbers, and were beginning to fight their way through the wall of polearms.
They thrusted forth the polearms with careful precision, with almost every strike hitting a creature.
Whenever a man from the first line fell, a flurry of swords, axes and clubs was unleashed from the second line upon the newly-formed opening.
Any creature that penetrated the line was quickly overwhelmed in this manner.

DeletedUser14280

And the party is only just started.

A soldier looked around briefly, and his eyes widened.
"Midrek, look out!"
Midrek turned around, and brought his shield up just in time to block an attack, then stared. It was the first zombie, the one he'd impaled before.
"Die already!" Midrek growled, and swung his sword in a arc towards the creature.

The sword sliced straight through the creature, and the zombie exploded.
But as the pieces fell, a shadow rose up from the ground, and took the zombie's place, swinging again at Midrek.

At the same time, a chorus of ghostly wailing cut through the air, and other zombies killed before, started to rise again.

Still the ghosts, winged things, and genius loci to go.
Hey, have you considered using fire against these zombies?

-----=====-----=====-----

Astarael and Thrall had reached the top of the convention building, and were now hacking away a piece of the roof.
*crack!* Part of the roof fell down, and the two looked through the hole.
"What do you see, Thrall?"
"Not much. I think that this is the attic."
Astarael shrugged, and jumped down into the hole. Thrall followed after her.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It wasn't Midrek who killed the first one, it was one of his warriors. I thought about lighting the ballista bolts, but I figured it'd be more trouble than it was worth. I guess I'll try it now...
On second thought, I'll just be dealing with flaming zombies. Nevermind.
Besides, even for a magic zombie, it's hard to fight with a ballista bolt in your gut.

"Godammit!" Midrek exclaimed. "How many times to these things have to die before they're dead?"
He then proceeded to spread the word to his warriors:
"It won't suffice just to kill these things! You have to completely dismember them!"

As was, many of the fallen creatures had been sliced clean through, rendering them unable to fight even if risen again.

Midrek swung at the new creature's shoulder, slicing it in half to the hip.
"Dammit, now they have creatures appearing out of thin air? Why the hell haven't these guys conquered the world already?"

The warriors heeded Midrek's words. They were no longer taking any chances.
They didn't just kill the creatures any more, they took time to mutilate them.
This new combat style was sickening, not to mention time consuming, but they had no choice.

The battlefield was literally carpeted with chunks of undead and human flesh.
The scene became even more gruesome with the creatures being mutilated to prevent them from rising again.
The warriors were now totally enraged, and slashed at the creatures with every last drop of strength they had.
"We should get us some necromancers", a warrior remarked.

Talin's division arrived within sighting range of the battle.
"Contact all available units", he ordered. "We're at war now."
With a relay of flag signals, they summoned every warrior available.

DeletedUser14280

And...winged things next!

A foreboding rumbling shook the ground...
The dirt beneath the soldiers erupted, and a horde of stony monsters leaped out of the earth.
"Uh-oh...Gargoyles."
One of the soldiers swung at a gargoyle when it came into range, but his sword bounced harmlessly off its stony body.
Other soldiers tried the same, but no matter how hard they tried, they couldn't damage the gargoyles. They were weapon-proof.

How does one deal with conventional-weapon-proof enemies? Think about it, I'm sure you'll figure something out.
Coming after them...ghosts!

DeletedUser

(Corpus Christi, Celxius. You're more harsh than the L4D Director! However, you are giving them hints. Also, how can ghosts do damage to humans, and vice versa?)

DeletedUser14280

(They can possess the soldiers, I suppose. Hope that Midrek's army brought the holy symbols.)

DeletedUser

2 can play at this game.
The Nakurians had anti-gargoyle magic that made all the gargoyles die :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p.

Seriously, it just so happened that the Nakurians had God on their side.
God didn't like seeing his warriors being unable to defeat the gargoyles just because they only brought conventional weapons,
so he proceeded to smite the gargoyles.
The gargoyles, upon being smitten, promptly died, and the battle continued.

(If you can summon invincible creatures, I reserve the right to invoke the power of divine entities.)

DeletedUser14280

(If I can summon conventional-weapon-proof creatures, you can reserve the right to use bigger weapons. E.g. catapults, enchanted swords.)
(Now try that post again, it's not really good enough.)

DeletedUser

Midrek saw the gargoyles deflect the blows from the warrior's weapons, and began to think.
If conventional weapons wouldn't affect gargoyles, what would?
Holy weapons would probably work, but those were in short supply...
Then he had an idea.
He turned to a nearby signaler, and said:
"Tell our guys in the rear to send us a few priests. Don't ask why, just do it."
The signaler complied, and relayed the order with his banners.

Talin's force received the message, and summoned several priests.

They charged the battleground in an arrowhead formation, with the priests protected in the center.
The creatures caught in the middle were being attacked from two sides, and were quickly annihilated,
allowing Talin's reinforcements to break through.

Talin and the priests approached Midrek.
"No time for pleasantries", Midrek blurted.
"We need those priests to bless the ballista bolts."

The priests got to blessing the bolts as fast as they could.
The ballistae were loaded with these holy bolts.
"Now take down those stone demons", Midrek ordered.

The ballistae released a cloud of the holy bolts upon the gargoyles, and they fell rapidly.
By the time this was done, the gargoyles had already caused some damage, but at least they could be thwarted.

Midrek and Talin joined, and with their fresh reinforcements, continued to battle the creatures.
Meanwhile, the priests began distributing holy amulets they had brought along.

DeletedUser14280

Everything suddenly stopped.
The remaining zombies fell down, the shadows faded, the gargoyles flew back into the earth.
And the banshee song, which had been serenading the whole battle, ground to a halt.

"Sir, I think I see someone...over there."
A portion of the army turned and looked; walking towards them, seemingly out of nowhere, was a...what was it?
"Who are you?" Midrek called.
The figure did not answer, but continued to approach.
"Prepare for battle." Midrek muttered to his men.
"I heard that." said the approaching figure.
"Who are you?"
The figure came to a stop before the army.
"My name I will not tell you, for uttered carelessly it can bring a fate worse than death." it said calmly.
"Give us a name." Midrek growled.
"Very well...I've always liked the sound of Goliath. You may call me Goliath without harm."

"What are you doing here?"
"I'm here because Leonal asked me to come."
"Who?"
Goliath just smiled, and continued, "He's quite concerned about you coming, you know.
Despite appearances, he cares about his citizens. He doesn't want them hurt in a war."
"Are you saying that-?"
"Which is why he's sent me to talk you out of your little invasion, and if need be, take down your entire army by force."

Midrek raised an eyebrow. This...creature, defeating the entire army? Not likely.
"You can't defeat an army, Goliath."
"I assure you I can. I'm forbidden to interfere freely in mortal affairs, but at the same time, I can't let Leonal be upset. So I'll only kill you a little bit, if you don't turn back."

The seconds lengthened.
On one side, an army of seasoned war veterans, armed with holy weapons, and an undefeated commander leading them.
On the other side-
"One moment, would you like to see a neat trick?" Goliath asked.
Without waiting for an answer, it tranformed, into a dark copy of Midrek.

"Now where were we?" the dark copy pondered.
"Oh yes, you were about to order your army to attack, and I was about to knock them all down with a wave of my hand. Is that right?"

Yes, I'm playing a god/demigod card, because invading Sargonoth this early in the RP sucks.

DeletedUser

1. Not much of that is what Midrek would actually say.
For example, he wouldn't invade a country without knowing who was in charge of it.
2. Yeah? And exactly what else was I supposed to do for the entire RP?
3. You've already played a few cards of that caliber :p.
4. To prevent #1 from becoming a problem, try to refrain from controlling my characters.

Midrek was shocked at this new entity's sudden arrival.
"I'm not sure why I saved this question so long, but who, and for that matter what, are you?"
Noting the entity's speech, he added:
"You seem to speak Nakurian pretty well, why is that?"
Then he realized something else that wasn't right:
"And Leonal sent you? He has control over these army-crushing... things?
Man, I gotta try that some time!
"

He waited for the creatures response.
"Of course, Midrek, it seems I have much to tell you."