EstoyLoco’s The West Tips Guide

DeletedUser

Thanks now I know how to get good on The West!

Good Job on the grammer too :)

DeletedUser1105

Too many guides? That's rubbish.

One is a getting started guide. Which only tells you HOW to do things. It isn't a guide like this one.

And there is one on IRC - IRC's are not The West, so that can go if they are worried about space.

DeletedUser

yup key pointers unlike all of them i am a vetern at this game i am on all 4 worlds

DeletedUser

Thanks for the great guide! I'm thinking you are 'loco' in a good way, this was real helpful.

Muchas Gracias!

Blue Gularis
Mayor of Jackalope

DeletedUser

whats the church for??

i have been asking myself that question for days now: What the hell is the church for??

DeletedUser

why not try a search then?

you have had days to do it. there are tons of threads out there that answer your question.

DeletedUser

Test it on a high XP job so you can see the difference ... 40% +

Also there is a hidden luck factor for XP that swings XP up or down by 50% from what I recall reading ... someone tested on the German worlds.

I do Building RR stations at 30m and my average is 21 XP/30 mins. When doing it for 2 hours my average is 68 XP/2 hours.

Perhaps it works like this. Probability to find an item in the job screen is given in % over 30 minutes. This suggests that a base unit of working in the game is a unit of 30 minutes. Every time you work a job for 30 minutes, your motivation is lowered. So logically, if you were to work a job for 2 hours you are in effect working the same job 4 times in a row, 30 minutes each time, with a lowering motivation for the second, third and fourth half hours.

I have run no tests to prove, but if someone else would like offer a proof of the theory (i.e. stats based as WhistlingLeaf has done) I would love to see it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Great guide.... I learnt most of this the hard way lol :( Spent $$$s re-arranging my skills! I'd recommend this guide to anyone starting the-west.net

DeletedUser

One small errata:

"Of course you don’t have to donate to a town so you keep all your money for yourself. But when you will want items, they will cost twice the price and you won’t have access to all of them!"

That should be four times the price!

Probably worth mentioning that many towns will be willing to let people join just to shop and leave again, if they promise to donate an amount of $ into the town treasury.

DeletedUser

yours is a bit easier to navigate than denisero's.... but i still find that it is a bit more detailed an seems a little more newb-friendly....

DeletedUser

I wrote that a loooong way ago :p I don't even know if its still up to date as I don't play anymore ;)

Estoy