Equality for All Men --- oh yeah, and Women

DeletedUser

No actually I have been married for years.
Wow, considering how much time you spend debating on the forums and playing games instead of spending time with her, and considering how you indicated you do not allow a wife to influence your behavior, I wonder what her non-oppressed opinions would be of this discussion we're having.

It's okay, let's leave that one alone. Just wanted to put a socket in your soup.

DeletedUser

Is that also where you learned the "Don't ask, don't tell" rule?
Yep, its was in full effect during the time I served demonstrating the point that equality is not reality among other things.
Wow, considering how much time you spend debating on the forums and playing games instead of spending time with her, and considering how you indicated you do not allow a wife to influence your behavior, I wonder what her non-oppressed opinions would be of this discussion we're having.

It's okay, let's leave that one alone. Just wanted to put a socket in your soup.
Actually that's none of your business what I do with my spare time. Your one to talk your on here as much as anybody. I never said I don't allow my wife to influence my behavior, only that I make the final decisions in my household. It would be naive to think you spouse does not affect your behavior or decisions.

DeletedUser

Yes Vic I agree with you. It is really far more complicated than I stated, but I posted as I did on purpose. Not because I was trying to address the entire issue, but because I was addressing the issue as it seemed pertinent in this instance. When I read posts I get a kind of feeling for the kind of person I'm dealing with, so my post was really just a reflection of my opinion of the issue as it was presented.

I don't see why it is so hard to imagine that people can have equitable relationships. Healthy relationships will have give and take. Often I think, as Hellstromm pointed out there are going to be divisions of responsibility of some kind or other. But sure there are going to be times when decision making is hard and people will argue and get angry at each other. That's okay. There are many ways that people can work those things out. It doesn't have to culminate in one person dictating from a position of greater authority.

And please don't think I ever said people were all equal. That is nonsense and no one would ever want that. Of course all people are different. Even twins are different from each other. But just because they are not equal, does not mean that one is greater or less than the other. That is a purely subjective evaluation.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I don't see why it is so hard to imagine that people can have equitable relationships. Healthy relationships will have give and take. Often I think, as Hellstromm pointed out there are going to be divisions of responsibility of some kind or other. But sure there are going to be times when decision making is hard and people will argue and get angry at each other. That's okay. There are many ways that people can work those things out. It doesn't have to culminate in one person dictating from a position of greater authority.

And please don't think I ever said people were all equal. That is nonsense and no one would ever want that. Of course all people are different. Even twins are different from each other. But just because they are not equal, does not mean that one is greater or less than the other. That is a purely subjective evaluation.
I agree that the value or worth of individuals should not be judged by different responsibilities. Being in the lead does not make your worth more, but not having a leader is disorder as much as having too many leaders.

DeletedUser

If a husband is using his authority to fulfill his own selfish desires then this is an abuse of authority and self-destructive.
Interesting, so "abuse of authority," but not abuse of his wife? No, of course not, she's property... *rolls eyes*

Yep, its was in full effect during the time I served demonstrating the point that equality is not reality among other things.
In a hierarchical environment you're not going to find equality and using the military as a basis for a relationship is just plain --- naive. In a marriage, you damn well better find equality unless you're okay with bossing around and oppressing your mate.

Actually that's none of your business what I do with my spare time. Your one to talk your on here as much as anybody.
Hehe, I'm not married. ;)

And don't a/s/l me in a pm again, that just freaks me out. *smirk*

I never said I don't allow my wife to influence my behavior, only that I make the final decisions in my household. It would be naive to think you spouse does not affect your behavior or decisions.
O'Rly?

You quoted this,

"When a woman see’s that she can modify her man’s behavior she might perceive him as not being as strong. <...> because she now perceives her man to be controlled by her emotional reactions she no longer sees him as a solid foundation of strength."

So does that mean your wife doesn't see you as a solid foundation of strength? After all, you just said you would have to be naive to think she doesn't affect your behavior.

So, which is it? Are you weak or naive?

I agree that the value or worth of individuals should not be judged by different responsibilities. Being in the lead does not make your worth more, but not having a leader is disorder as much as having too many leaders.
hehe, and if it's the woman that wants to lead? God forbid that, aye? ;)

Let's see, oh right, you already answered that question with,

"If you show a relationship where a woman takes the authority in the relationship, I'll show you a woman who has no respect for the man and a man who resents her for it."

Let's turn comment around, shall we?

"If you show a relationship where a man takes the authority in the relationship, I'll show you a man who has no respect for the woman and a woman who resents him for it."​

Booyah...

DeletedUser

"oh excuse me but Mohammed or Mark or Luke or Moses or Abraham... whoever wrote this stuff was actually wrong and women arnt actually objects of ownership at all they were all sexists and God too at the time or he'd have said something about it... well blow me down with a feather , seems like either god has finally had an epiphany or porky pies were being told from the very beginning... hmmmm now i wonder would they do that ?:rolleyes:
Genesic 1:26 ¶And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Genesic 4:1 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the Lord.

Sine Adam was made in God image after his Likeness would that not mean God would conceived his child Jesus in the same way as Adam but there is no female God in the Bible so ether there no Jesus or Genesic is wrong and adam was not make in god image ether way porky pies from the started.

Last edited by a moderator: