Economics

DeletedUser

How far are the devs in making it worthwhile to spend all the money and effort on upgrading levels of towns, I see no reason to spend all the energy and the money on building a hotel to level 5 or any other building for that matter and the only reward you get is a pretty town... As a Mayor of one town and a Councillor of another - surely if someone purchase something from our town - a portion should go to the Treasury - or even to each buildings coffers, that way a profitable place like a hotel or General store can upgrade much quicker and the towns will actually serve a purpose. What purpose does it serve now... - you get to duel, alas that is a whole new book on How the West was not won?.... :nowink:

DeletedUser1105

It also allows you to buy items at 1/4 of the retail price, and to stay in a hotel for free.

There are no rules saying 'you have to found a town' or 'you have to join a town'. It's a personal choice. If you feel it is not worth the effort involved, then don't join a town.

DeletedUser

surely if someone purchase something from our town - a portion should go to the Treasury - or even to each buildings coffers, that way a profitable place like a hotel or General store can upgrade much quicker and the towns will actually serve a purpose.

Yes, you do get 5% of the sales price of the item purchased by an outsider from your stores - as a mayor, don't you notice that? You only do not get any earnings from the hotel currently.

What you might want to imply is that we should get MORE earnings from each store?

I disagree that upgrading the buildings just make a pretty town. At least where I am, our town morale soars whenever a new level of building is completed. It unites the members and everyone just wants to donate even more to upgrade more buildings.

And I like the mortician with the new upgrade. Checking dueling information of the town is rather interesting :)

Sdjx is right.... you don't have to found a town if it doesn't suit your playing style.... you can just be an adventurer and wander. That is what the adventurer character class is for....

DeletedUser

How far are the devs in making it worthwhile to spend all the money and effort on upgrading levels of towns, I see no reason to spend all the energy and the money on building a hotel to level 5 or any other building for that matter and the only reward you get is a pretty town

Have you seen the energy bonus for a lvl 5 hotel? you actually gain energy working 2 hours and sleeping for 2 hours...

DeletedUser1105

"2.01-Why is no money into the city treasury, if someone at our hotel recently?
This function is yet to come, but is not yet installed."

From the german FAQ. You will be earning money from the hotel at some point, it seems.

DeletedUser

We should get money from the Hotels people use them more then buying stuff.

DeletedUser

Yes, you do get 5% of the sales price of the item purchased by an outsider from your stores - as a mayor, don't you notice that? You only do not get any earnings from the hotel currently.

Oh 5% - yeah I never noticed that .... considering a donkey cost $1000 and 5% of that is $50, never noticed the $50 dollars that miraculaously appeared in my Town Treasury.... NOT. There is no records of any purchase or donations to my treasury - so why should anyone belief they get 5% and its so minute that you won't notice it - what crap - do you honestly wanna tell me that you will not notice $50.

DeletedUser

yea i agree we build stuff from our own money but not from the treasury because hotel does not give us any money to build from our treasury money people goes to hotel alot! because they will need to rest somewhere for energy!

about our town if we build an hotel we will get way alot of people because we are in a popular place alot of people around us that will be very happy to come to the hotel.. i would imagine taking all that money...

DeletedUser

Oh 5% - yeah I never noticed that .... considering a donkey cost $1000 and 5% of that is $50, never noticed the $50 dollars that miraculaously appeared in my Town Treasury.... NOT. There is no records of any purchase or donations to my treasury - so why should anyone belief they get 5% and its so minute that you won't notice it - what crap - do you honestly wanna tell me that you will not notice $50.
Woah, there, Nelly... Chill.

I see deposits in my towns' treasuries all the time. Just because no one has bought things from you, doesn't mean the game is broken. Mostly, people join towns to buy a donkey or other expensive items so it is usually just a few dollars for something little.

But it works just fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

adventurers are not just wanderers. They can be valuable moneymakers for the town treasudry, like I am, I dont build coz I'm rubbish but I pay my taxes!

Hotels should generate income for the town treasury :s

But the devs dont like it :(

DeletedUser

Woah, there, Nelly... Chill.

I see deposits in my towns' treasuries all the time. Just because no one has bought things from you, doesn't mean the game is broken. Mostly, people join towns to buy a donkey or other expensive items so it is usually just a few dollars for something little.

But it works just fine.

Well I am so happy for you - and especially for the people who has mailed me privately to tell me the same - even went as far to include a list of things that was purchased from their town.

Well in that case - I bought a horse (pony) from my town - and this is the report I am happy to share:

Today at 18:43Slywood deposited $ 120. Today at 18:42Slywood deposited $ 120. On 03/01/2009 at 06:13Mondo deposited $ 120.

So maybe I need to refill my prescription cause I am not seeing any horse sale in my bank?? If you are so certain that this does happen - please do come to my town and come buy something - I am happy to tell you exactly what I will do in a duel so if it does show - you can win your money back from me in a duel....

DeletedUser

you only get the 5 percent if an outsider buys something so your horse will not show up. plus when it does it wont tell you what you sold it will just say $5 (or whatever) from sale of an item

DeletedUser

If you are so certain that this does happen - please do come to my town and come buy something - I am happy to tell you exactly what I will do in a duel so if it does show - you can win your money back from me in a duel....

Well, I would, even without the duel thingy, but I don't know what world you are on or where your town is. Post that info, and if you aren't hours and hours away I'll come and buy some rags or something. :)

DeletedUser

Its world 3. Town is called San Francisco open. I am on my way there now, about an hour out, to buy some items. It is a small town: 3563 points, Tailor 2, gunsmith 2, general store one. In that same continent/territory are 2 other large towns bad axe 15000+ points and Us069 crimson valley at about 24,ooo points.

So I bought 4 items. Hopefully you will see some profit in your bank records from these sales.

Red Headband cost $16, town profit either $1 or none. 5% = $.8
Red rags purchase price $48. Town profit $2.4 probably rounded down to $2.
Brown rags purchase price $152 Town profit $7.6
Black bandanna purchase price $80. Town profit $4.

No need for me to duel to get the money back.

Last edited by a moderator: