Dueling while travelling between locations

• Thread starter DeletedUser38951
  • Start date

DeletedUser38951

How is it possible to be challenged to a duel when one's avatar is travelling between locations?

I was travelling more than two hours and was about halfway when I was challenged.
I understand some characters have a bonus to the radius to duel without travelling. I don't know if this is what is happening or not.

It makes sense that one can be challenged if they are stationary or withing the radius allowed without travelling to duel, however, it seems a tad beyond the realm of possibility that if I am an hour away from you that I can be challenged by you to a duel.

Slygoxx

You don't actually move between locations like that. You're either at one location or the next, a duel takes place at the location you were when the duel was queued.

Pankreas PorFavor

looks like you're new here? welcome!

to answer your question - in this game you don't move across the map. let's assume you're riding from A to B, and it takes 20 minutes. if you cancel your trip after 10 minutes, you won't be located half way between A and B, you will still be at place A. what happens in this game is you get "teleported" after travel time expires. if you travel 20 minutes, that means you will be in spot A 20 minutes, and then appear at spot B when that time expires.
also, if a duel was queued (10 min for the duel + travel time to your spot = can be quite a long time) when you were at spot A, but you moved to spot B in the meantime - the duel still takes place. except if you're sleeping in fort barracks or a hotel, or you get KOed in the meantime...