Dueling Level

DeletedUser

Exactly. People complain about their DL getting out of control, when they're the ones who let it get out of control.

Bad analogy:
[spoil]It's not about having your cake and eating too, it's if you gorge yourself on cake, you're going to get fat. Well, unless you're zero mot, in which case you eat cake until you puke.[/spoil]

DeletedUser14006

I am against this. Someone goes out there and exp duels and racks up the exp while running up their levels.

You are proposing that they then have a system where in effect they get a "do over" to drop their duel level while still benefiting from the hp, sp, ap, etc, they earned to a large degree from dueling.

Players know what the results of running up their dueling levels are when they do it, and they know what the results of respeccing to a "fort fighting" or other build is when they do it.

They dueled everyone when they were a dueler, turn about is fair play.

You don't like the high dueling level then play differently and don't run it up to start with.

No to this.

I would have to agree with TJ on this one for the exact reasons he pointed out, for this to work they would have to do a complete overhaul on how the current duel exp system functions.

Not practical in my opinion.

DeletedUser563

My previous vote was a bit rash. Yes if you tied the drop to the actual skills of the dueler. No if you just allow duelers to drop dueling levels. No if there is a timed drop as that takes away the choice of the dueler as pointed out. Lets take my character in world 1 with 346 duels won and 456 lost I have a dueling level of 172 whereas I am level 120. With clothing my vigor is 105
aim & dodge about : 55, toughness 73, reflex 24, and appearance 79, tactics:68. So clearly I am not really a good dueler and may never be again depending on my whim. So I would say let me drop my dueling level but what if i was pure dueler with about 405 sp and 149 ap with innogames belt , golden tomahawk,boones axe, general grants sabre and innogames belt, billy the kids, pat f garrets , harmonica's allens peperbox,annie oakleys etc etc would you say let me drop my dueling skills . just from my point of view you could just about scream out RELEASE THE KRAKKEN when i start to torture the low level duelers now within my range. My point being you will need to tie it in with sp's i would for instance be allowed to drop to level 120 so available dueling levels would be 52 for me. if i was pure dueler 0.

DeletedUser31022

Now this might be a little off subject but what is the point of the dueling level anyway?

Say I'm a low level dueler and I duel with motivation so I can get experience to level my character up. Now I know I could go 0 motivation but then I would have to do jobs just to get exp.

Your AP/SP don't change when your dueling level increases so why would I want to do that cause then I'm stuck! I'd have only high level players to duel that will most likely beat me unless I travel around picking on workers or I'll be 0 mot so I don't level up at all!

I'm thinking lose the dueling level all together and let even levels duel each other with the choice of dueling someone higher than your level but not lower. Say a lvl 60 dueler could attack anyone from lvl 60-120. Let those that think they're all that prove it by allowing them the chance to hit higher levels but not limiting them to those higher levels.

Now I know not everyone is a dueler but again if we're allowed to attack our own levels there's really nothing unfair about it cause we all have the choice of placement and most likely the same amount of AP/SP (on those worlds that don't let you nugget them up)

And as for those looking for ranking then if the dueling level does stay but doesn't effect who to duel then you'll still get up there higher the higher level of dueler you attack.
Attacking your level or close will get you the minimum EXP but attacking those higher will get you more.

Just some thoughts and I know some of it comes out pretty random lol Hope this idea is something worth looking into