Dueler.vs.Soldier

DeletedUser

Well I got my knives at 25, beat scott on the third try. Almost to hunting buffalos now tho, and it seems if I don't respec, I will have to wait minimum 15 levels to complete it.

check this out:

hunting buffaloes then prison gaurd then trading with indians.....and then after another duel, guess what EVANGELIZING. Talk about being all over the place with needs and requirements. I will have to leave my town for two months just to respec for these all over the place quests. I do agree the gear is great looking but for how long? It gets put to shame by later gear.

all I'm saying is that dueler is a challenge because we don't get hp, xp, cash, item bonuses (other than the 10% which is really not alot anyway) so it is probably the most challenging class to play.

DeletedUser

From what I can tell (west Stats) it pushes a dueler early towards resilance and later towards charisma. Nice to be rounded :)

DeletedUser

The dueler quest guides to a nice build really. I could do all the jobs but buffalo hunt, so If i kept him id be done with the quest by now. 50 appearance (was like 90 with the bonuses I had) 50 shooting (around 70 with bonuses) and 20 in reflex and toughness, but the bonuses brung reflex to 48, and toughness to around 37. And aim was around 20, but the hat bonuses gave aim so it brung that up.

It was a fun char that I liked till I got bored of knocking the stuffing around the same people, sometimes adventurers sadly because the town i was in was in a empire that controlled all the towns in the area really.

If you choose dueler, the quest makes it fun. For soldier, the bonuses are very nice, so its your call.

DeletedUser13020

hunting buffaloes then prison gaurd then trading with indians.....and then after another duel, guess what EVANGELIZING. Talk about being all over the place with needs and requirements.

you don't have to evangelize. you get 3 different quests to chose from at that time. You can choose from:

Getting 30 horsbackriding and 30 animal instincts for a quarter horse in return.
Evangelizing 12 hours for a golden cross and +1 in charisma.
Beating Ben Stark (duel) for a shortened shotgun and +5 in appearance.

When you complete one, the other 2 disappear and you don't get to do them anymore. You can still re spec for the evangelizing job if you want, just saying that you have other options if you really don't want to go through all that for just a single quest.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

And The Ben Stark ones the best. The shortend shotgun would be in the duelers set if its made, and 5 points vs 1 charistma, the points win. and since your a dueler, you should be able to duel, so thats the best option.

I deleted my W5 soldier already. W8 i joined in place for pure hider. Maby W10 ill make a dueler again.

Have you chose yet so we can close this?

DeletedUser

Surely beating Ben Stark (is it difficult?) is the best option.

DeletedUser

Well, If I kept him long enough to get Buffalo hunt, I woulda got there. I think as a Dueler, I looked at npcs as a skills test. I lost to the first npc in the line, but killed any real player. Later on npcs were no problem, but ben stark id guess is supposed to be a big challenge. How many people have that gun?

DeletedUser13020

Nah ben stark isn't hard. I have 2 duelers that I have completed the duelers quest line. But my level was like in the mid 40s because it took me a while to hunt buffalo since I am mostly a dexterity player and didn't want to respec for that job.

The shortened shotgun is ok. It's like a sharp machette for ranged duelers. but you have to be level 51 to use it. Its good for a few levels at most. Some might say the precise revolver No1 (lvl. 53) is better because it has a much higher min damage. I would have gotten the shotgun even if it was a lot more useless than it is now. You can always get a quarter horse and a golden cross in 1 shopping trip, but will never be able to get the shotgun again. Maybe in a high luck job if possible, but that would be a really dumb thing to hope for.

DeletedUser

I have just completed the end of the Soldier quest sequence on a different world.

I expected the Burham City duels to be a challenge. Sadly not!

Total health points
- 31 HP
Total health points
- 700 HP
Sheriff passes out. Miss Sarajevo wins the duel. Sheriff did not carry any cash and Miss Sarajevo walks away without taking any money.

No hit
Total health points
- 700 HP
Marshall passes out. Miss Sarajevo wins the duel. Marshall did not carry any cash and Miss Sarajevo walks away without taking any money.

Total health points
- 165 HP
Total health points
- 600 HP
Breagon passes out. Miss Sarajevo wins the duel. Breagon did not carry any cash and Miss Sarajevo walks away without taking any money.

DeletedUser

Well I was under the impression you could do all 3 decisions. The desertion pt. 5 is the only one thats the same. Ex. Decision 1 you can either get the horse or give the cigars. If you get the horse, decision 2 opens, allowing the duel against ben stark, and again the option to give cigars. After which decision 3 opens with evangelizing or the cigars.

Thnx for the input, I surely would have tried to do all 3 and missed the one time chance at the shot gun.

DeletedUser

im guessing your referring to a quest? And if so which one?

~Crag

DeletedUser

At the end of the game of life, there are 3 parts. On weststats it looked like you had to (or could) do each part, and could get all 3 rewards. I had no idea that two of the decisions disappeared after you completed one as I don't know any duelers that high yet.

DeletedUser

some duelers and soldiers always spoil there career by not dueling.;)