Dueler class on Arizona

DeletedUser

Anyone checked the rankings lately?
In top100 players there is only ONE dueler.
Ok, we all know it's the class with the worst bonuses... But only 1?

How many dueler class players you think is in top200?
Yep, six.

What's happening? Is that class so bad that is a choice of small number of players or perhaps many players take it, but can't level up as fast as other three classes?
Ok, I admit, this is Arizona with many things old worlds don't have... Logically dueler class speed bonus can't compete with the traveltime halving nuggets feature, so the class itself is worse than on old worlds, but still... Can't believe this.

DeletedUser

You have to remember that a lot of people in the top 100 will probably be pure spec builds, which is what has allowed them to level up that quickly. From my experience you get few pure spec duelers, because of both the quest line being obviously duel orientated and their 'advantages'. I know for my spec I would not be able to complete the dueler quest line, which is why I am an adventurer. And their bonuses suck

DeletedUser23701

If duelers start to duel at lvl 10, they loose in leveling quite hard, doesn't matter what class.
One dueler in top 100 is because he decided to level up first and then duel, what is best option to do in my opinion.
And dueler class most likely will be duelers, so, they loose hard in leveling.

Other thing is that experienced players take class what they think is best for them.
So, Inno have to think about it, thanks for bringing their attention. :)

ofc specialized players will take advantage in leveling due to having better jobs.

DeletedUser

your surprised? why not take another world... 12 for example
1 dueler in the top 100
2 duelers in the top 200 ..... (tumble)

I know people here on Arizona who restarted because they wanted to be soldiers instead...
The only reason anybody would want to go a dueler is if the like the quest line... :unsure:

(I could've left out somebody, but I don't think so)

DeletedUser

Well i think that Arizona is the first world where the duelerer class actually shuld be considered :eek:hmy:

If one goes duelerer duels obviusly is one main thing and if one intend to try to duel for xp and be ranked high in the duel rankings the duelerer bonus in motivation is even faster here now with the 1 h jobs and increased motivation gain.

Add a premium bonus to that and lots of toughness and reflex and a premium duelerer can duel quite a lot here before the motimation goes to low.

DeletedUser

Think about it.
Experienced players know that dueler class suck.
Even new players know that dueler class suck.
This means that there's no experienced players selecting dueler class, therefore a majority of those who'd make the top 100 aren't considering dueler class.
Even a majority of new players aren't considering dueler class.

This means that there's few possibilities for that little dueler class icon to make it in the top rankings as nobodies selecting it. That's even before we discuss whether dueler class is actually as bad as it's reputation.

DeletedUser

yea duelers will be extinct soon :(

they need better bonouses for sure or no one intelligent will ever choose them again. or make the same mistake twice.

DeletedUser

If one goes duelerer duels obviusly is one main thing and if one intend to try to duel for xp and be ranked high in the duel rankings the duelerer bonus in motivation is even faster here now with the 1 h jobs and increased motivation gain.

Add a premium bonus to that and lots of toughness and reflex and a premium duelerer can duel quite a lot here before the motimation goes to low.

Soldiers will most likely still get more exp, because they have a much better chance of winning when attacked...

Dueler bonuses arent bad WITH premium...???

Ok, Soldiers with premium vs duelers with premium :

Soldier
+10 hp for every point you put on health (really good, especially for fort battles)
Level required for guns is 6 levels less!! (again really great, Im a soldier on arizona, level 23 and I got a precise bowie knife waiting till I hit 30, level 27 would be even better!)
Tactics raised by 100% ... double your tactics.... making it nearly impossible to beat a soldeir (with a few points on tactics)

Dueler
Speed raised by 20%, (yay...even less than a donkey)
Motivation raised 40% faster... (good except how will you get exp if you cant beat soldiers... guess you will just have to duel adventurers and workers)
$ got in a duel is raised by 20% ... (Not as bad as others but still not good compared to soldiers... on average maybe 15$ extra per duel...)

So your saying its not bad with premium??

DeletedUser

Tactics raised by 100% ... double your tactics.... making it nearly impossible to beat a soldeir (with a few points on tactics)

Most of the time, this does little to nothing, because a lot of players don't put any points in tactics. Just saying.. it's a bit overrated.

DeletedUser

Most of the time, this does little to nothing, because a lot of players don't put any points in tactics. Just saying.. it's a bit overrated.
But range dueler item give you more than 30 tactics, and that is not "a little"

DeletedUser

And the point is?
You'll just spec into tactics and use items that give other skills.
btw, I'm still thinking over the STR tank character - and now I think it would suck when surrounded by 5 aim 80+ opponents. perhaps half AP into STR and half into DEX would make him better.

DeletedUser23701

I'm still thinking over the STR tank character - and now I think it would suck when surrounded by 5 aim 80+ opponents. perhaps half AP into STR and half into DEX would make him better.

How your AIM will help to dodge if you're concerned about 80+ AIM opponents?

Then better half in mobility or less! :)
55 AP (~ for lvl 99) means 1.1k HP smaller tank

DeletedUser

Mezonis, sorry, typed DEX instead of MOB above. hehe ;)
MOB gives two fort skills, DEX only one. What can I do... My head hurts, my feet stink and I hate J. ;)

DeletedUser23701

Well, I also thought about such things. :)

Fancy felt hat + sandals + brown tie gives you 22 dodge.
You can have tomahawk + fancy cotton jacket + fireworks rocket and get 14 dodge more.
So, with gear you can get 36 dodge.

If you want to be really HP tank, then invest 7 into mobility only. ;)
ofc there can be many other options how to go, maybe invest 35 into MOB and get 71 in dodge.

Decision is up to you.
But as George or whatever he calls him :p says, STR and extra HP is the key in forts.

DeletedUser

I can't be that good HP tank since I'm playing other class than soldier. That's why I've brought this up.
When it comes to HP tanks soldier level 99 will beat the dueler level 99 when they have all AP in STR and all SP in health. ;)
But STR and extra HP are not the key. The key in forts was and will always be: the teamwork. ;)
It is not possible to make 1 player to defend a fort against 100 attackers. Whoever brought the HP tanks idea is trying to make such character.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser23701

no doubt that good teamwork will take over or defend fort.
Topic was about individual class. ;)