Duel Questions..

DeletedUser

@ Denisero: no job increases any skill point, why wud a job increase my shooting?

DeletedUser

what if a shirt increases my shooting by +17. isnt that good?

I was answering that. Elmyr said the gear you find isn't usually as good as the gear you can buy. Gear will increase your skills. So if you found a shirt that gives you +17 shooting that is great, I just highly doubt you have.

@ Denisero: no job increases any skill point, why wud a job increase my shooting?

I have no idea what you are talking about here. Jobs may not increase your shooting but shooting can increase your lp in a job thereby earning you more cash, etc.

DeletedUser

Tactics effects the likelihood of being hit when you are the defender. It works with dodge and is measured against the attackers appearance.

Reflex only reduces damage if you do get hit, and that is if you get hit by a ranged weapon. (Toughness reduces damage if you get hit by a melee weapon.)
I am reading this as possibly indicating that if I focus more on Tactics and Dodge as a Soldier, I may be able to get away with investing less in Reflex and Toughness.

Is that an accurate assessment?

DeletedUser

I am reading this as possibly indicating that if I focus more on Tactics and Dodge as a Soldier, I may be able to get away with investing less in Reflex and Toughness.

Is that an accurate assessment?

If you focus on building high dodge & tactics, you will be harder to hit, thus overall damage to you will be reduced.

If you put those same points into reflex and toughness instead, you'll be hit more often but take somewhat less damage per hit you take.

It's really a 'rock, paper, scissors' thing. You have to decide where you want to excel and where you want to be vulnerable, then pick your fights to your advantage.

I see some people (usually soldiers & workers) load skill points into tactics & dodge, then they taunt people to attack them. Other people load skill points into vigor and reflex so they specifically fight ranged duelers, doing big melee damage, while taking little shooting damage.

There are various tactics (strategies) available in dueling. Find the one that matches your play style then work around your vulnerabilities. For instance, if you want to be able to do quests and lots of jobs, you might want to be more defensive in dueling.