Duel Opponents not shown

Billy

Hey.
For some time now, I have no longer been able to see all possible duel opponents in the duel menu. I tried to question this fact with a moderator, but didn't get a proper answer.
Now that the Duel XP has been increased, the Duel levels will increase faster and the selection of possible opponents will become even smaller. I've already questioned whether dueling motivation could be a factor. The supporter said no, even though it seemed that way to me at times.

It is a fact that duel opponents are hidden. Sometimes I have to look for them via the saloon or the ranking list. That makes things difficult.

I would like to see a little more transparency on this topic.

Best regards

darthmaul99174

Below 50% motivation you DO have reduced opponent visibility, those who duel more often will show up in radar below 50%, those who duel less will not show. But they can still be duelled or seen in saloons & leaderboards/player profiles. This is a fact I've tested and proven myself.

The mechanic of duelling is very broken and old, the devs will never re-make it or update it because of the work involved and the lack of want to do it but hopefully they can make some quality of life changes.

Dr Roth

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Forum moderator
Duel XP has not been increased though so duel levels wont increase faster. Normal XP gained through duels have doubled but duel XP is at the same rate. More people might dedicate themselves to duelling though and there might be more high level targets due to this.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Aug 17, 2015
"""
Players who have not initiated a duel in the past thirty days will be hidden from the dueling menu.
Non-duelers will be hidden as if they were under duel protection, sleeping or inactive for players with less than 50% duel motivation. They may still be challenged as normal from player profiles, town saloons, map locations and the sheriff building.
"""

darthmaul99174

Aug 17, 2015
"""
Players who have not initiated a duel in the past thirty days will be hidden from the dueling menu.
Non-duelers will be hidden as if they were under duel protection, sleeping or inactive for players with less than 50% duel motivation. They may still be challenged as normal from player profiles, town saloons, map locations and the sheriff building.
"""
Nice find, I hiding opponents, duel level restricting who you can duel, 10% duel motivation, duel honor in mortician, no QOL updates.

Maybe instead of all these terrible ways of limiting who duellers can duel that don't work and just make both parties unhappy - they update how duelling works so those who dont want to be involved aren't affected.

This proposal was submitted a while ago but the XP calculation was broken... but with the new update increasing XP that doesn't have to be a problem anymore: https://forum.beta.the-west.net/index.php?threads/new-duelling-system-proposal.4390/

This would discourage duelling non duellers even more and encourage XP & Honor duelling, very similar model to other PVP games.

Also alot simpler is you can opt in and out of being duelled, opting out would give you maybe -25% XP/Luck/Drop/Money. But if you Opt in you get +25% XP/Luck/Drop/Money from jobs. Higher risk higher reward. Great way to encourage duelling & activity and non duellers who want the bonus can use defense sets while they job. While you can be completely free from being duelled with maybe a few days cooldown switching between the two. I feel like this option would give alot of choice, increase activity and general enjoyment for duellers and non duellers. Also can be explained keeping within the theme of the west.