Do You Support Stephen Hawking who said "God did not create Universe"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

You are now creating a straw man argument
Oh, because I basically reposted my first statement; that's got to be a straw man argument. Note, how I didn't ignore your argument.....

Now, let me ask you this: Do the majority of scientists who do not believe in a god...Do they have this belief because they have DISPROVEN the existence of God or gods, or because they have (what they consider) to be absolutely zero evidence in favor of such?

Given your answer to the above, does that lead you to believe that a responsible scientist would be an atheist, or an agnostic?
An atheist.
Just because a person is a scientist, they must have disproven something to accept it? No. I don't understand how being a scientist changes the whole distinction between being an atheist, or an agnostic.

The early cavemen had no proof behind the existence of black holes. Did they not exist at that time?
And that's a completely different situation. Cavemen had no knowledge of the existence of black holes, nor any evidence to back it up, but it did exist. Would you like to reword my last statement? Fine, if you claim the existence of something, but don't have any evidence behind it, then I'm inclined to believe it doesn't exist at all.

There has been no survey committed to determine what scientists, of what fields of study are of what religion, therefore you're quite honestly making up your own statistics there xcentric.
Dcgincc provided one study.
James Leuba did one in 1914, and it was repeated in the late 1900s; and 58-61% of Scientists were either Atheist/Agnostic, I believe it also involves their fields of study as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Do I support him?Well I really don't really know.
That is scientific explanation on how world,and universe were created.The religious explanation is that God created it.I for one cannot know.None of us acctualy don't know the thruth about that,and we cannot say for sure.I believe that all of you will agree on that.This is a more of a question of believing and not believing.That's obvious.So,I cannot say he is wrong,but I can't say that he is right.

DeletedUser

We can't say anything for sure...

Correct.Therefore we can support this man,but we cannot claim that what he says is true.Heck,maybe God did create Universe-we cannot say for sure.And by that claiming something so stubbornly and then,when we see that we are acctually wrong brings us in the "donkey"position,now does it?

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
Correct.Therefore we can support this man,but we cannot claim that what he says is true.Heck,maybe God did create Universe-we cannot say for sure.And by that claiming something so stubbornly and then,when we see that we are acctually wrong brings us in the "donkey"position,now does it?

We use 'demonstrably true/false' which is basically truth demonstrated by evidence and argument. That is why I can safely say that is it is true that germs exist, there's no kettle on the moon and that homeopathy has no proper health benefits. There's no shame admitting mistakes anyway, that's just ego.

DeletedUser

Admiting mistakes is okay.But defending them stubbornly is not.

You hear that religious folk?
It's okay that you got lulled in to that fantasy, but it's time to wake up!

Hell, I do believe this thread has been killed already.

DeletedUser

You hear that religious folk?
It's okay that you got lulled in to that fantasy, but it's time to wake up!

Hell, I do believe this thread has been killed already.

Are you talking to me,mate?
You are saying that defending your mistakes(stubbornly)is right?
And why do you call me religious folk?You could just say a jac....ss ,I won't mind.
Well some just are in the fantasy,because the fantasy allows them to think that they are the all knowing...haha...
Wake up you say....That's strange.--By what do you mean,"Wake up!"?Finding out that you were right,and others wrong?I really don't understand you..I'm sorry.

DeletedUser

Are you talking to me,mate?
Not specificly, but if you feel my statement includes you, then eys.

You are saying that defending your mistakes(stubbornly)is right?
I didn't say that, but I might argue that defending mistakes is the right thing to do, depending on context.

And why do you call me religious folk?You could just say a ,I won't mind.
Not everything is about you, even if you are pretending to be a celeb.

Well some just are in the fantasy,because the fantasy allows them to think that they are the all knowing...haha...
Wake up you say....That's strange.--By what do you mean,"Wake up!"?Finding out that you were right,and others wrong?I really don't understand you..I'm sorry.
Clearly you do not understand, just as you said, so I shall get my spoon and fed you gently.

When I say wake up I am saying your perception of reality is not real.
By wake up I am saying you are sleeping, dreaming up the way you view things.
A dream is not reality. In conclusion; Religious folk, wake up!

DeletedUser

Not specificly, but if you feel my statement includes you, then eys.

I didn't say that, but I might argue that defending mistakes is the right thing to do, depending on context.

Not everything is about you, even if you are pretending to be a celeb.

Clearly you do not understand, just as you said, so I shall get my spoon and fed you gently.

When I say wake up I am saying your perception of reality is not real.
By wake up I am saying you are sleeping, dreaming up the way you view things.
A dream is not reality. In conclusion; Religious folk, wake up!

Hehe.If waking up means finding the real causes okay then.But even when you find one,(one piece of truth or whatever you would like to call it)how will you know you got the right one?
And,I do not pretend to be a celeb.No child could speak like a grown man.No need for pretending.That would make me a cheesy
idiot.

Causes of what?I just hope that this doesn't go to Matrix.
Nope it will go to X-men..hahahaha
Well the causes that created Universe.The truth of God and his existance and over and all the greatest question in the world.
But how will we know what is the truth?Did ANY of you acctualy got to the evidences that this guy made and sead "God did not...."Just read somewhere that that guy is a scientist and whatever, and that he remined us of Newtons laws,and gravity.We all knew that before him,and could have come to the same conclusion.And we believed this.

I am not saying that God is responsible for making Universe,but again we are going back to the mistakes thing.

DeletedUser

as ive been trying to say all along the simple thing is this

everyone throws around the word PROOF alot without truely understanding its meaning

proof is a collection of evidence not accual confermation of something as true

all we as humans have is EVIDENCE for and agianst both sides but nothin that can prove either sides as absoloutly true or false
its beyond our current technology and scientific knowledge to prove or disprove either side

so both sides need to learn to be more openminded and tolerant

insulting eachothers beleifs is inexcusable and childish

wether your christian , budist , muslim, agnostic ,athiest or anythin in between we all have ou reasons and our evidence for all our varried beleifs and we all have the right to have our chosen beleifs respected it doesnt mean u have to agree with them jsut be respectful of them

DeletedUser

all we as humans have is EVIDENCE for and agianst both sides but nothin that can prove either sides as absoloutly true or false
its beyond our current technology and scientific knowledge to prove or disprove either side

That would make sense, if religion had any evidence to back it's beliefs. I don't understand how you can come up with the concept, nor defend the concept that religion has any proof behind it.

The fact is, the core of religion, the existence of a god, can't and never will be dis-proven. For the existence of a god can never be 100% dis-proven, cause he conveniently exists outside of our physical realm.

so both sides need to learn to be more openminded and tolerant
This won't ever be possible. Will religion always accept scientific contributions? No. Will Science accept the thought that some man in the sky created everything, while they say the exact opposite? No.

It goes like this: Science and religion will always conflict. Science and theology basically have the same goal, understanding our existence, our purpose, the things around us, what has created us, and how we're going to end. And Science and theology will always have conflicting views on those topics. Until the complete absence of either religion or Science, which will never happen; the both will never accept the views of the other.

wether your christian , budist , muslim, agnostic ,athiest or anythin in between we all have ou reasons and our evidence for all our varried beleifs and we all have the right to have our chosen beleifs respected it doesnt mean u have to agree with them jsut be respectful of them
This coming from the person hate-mongering against Muslims..

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
There's evidence for and against fairies, probably more than Yahweh..

Last edited:

DeletedUser

and yet agian you prove that its the athiests that are completely closeed minded and disrespectful of others beleifs

DeletedUser

God?!

Is that really important that God did it or not? is that our problem? Human are trying to cut all chains connected him to something but money,power,...
we are creating bullets and then bullet-proof jackets!
so funny.

DeletedUser

And yet again here you go with the hate-mongering.

you show a blatant disregaurd for other peoples beleifs and insult billions of people all over the world and yet you accuse ME of hatemongering do you not see the hypocrasy of that ?

Status
Not open for further replies.