Detailed quest dueling guide?

DeletedUser

Just wondering if anyone ever wrote such a thing? As in, "In quest whatever you have to duel whatshisname. He is melee/ranged so equip stuff with stats whatever (aiming, dodging and so forth), you will at least need this weapon to beat him and it helps to duck this way in round 1 and aim for whatever in round 7." I couldn't find any such thing with the search function and the part about dueling in the how to get started guide only gets so far. I realize some of you might feel that takes the fun out of the game, but then you don't have to read such a guide, now do you? I happen to think dueling is the least interesting part in The West, and I just want to get it over with so I can go back to the parts I enjoy.

Also, if anyone feels like giving any tips, I currently have to defeat a "Matthew the Snake". The hint tells me something of course, but so far I have been unable to defeat him. Cheers.

DeletedUser2708

It's not really all that complicated, at least not when it comes to dueling NPCs. If you lose, just consider changing your tactics and your equipment next time. Also, pay attention to what your opponent does -- some of them just keep using the same defense over and over, which should make it easy to figure out how to beat them.

DeletedUser

Well, after readin your comment I discovered that you can see what the opponent hits and what hits you land on your opponent, but I don't see a way to discover exactly what the opponent does... (i.e. what kind of defense he uses)?

DeletedUser2708

He defends. That's it. There's no more detail to it than that.

DeletedUser

Ok. So far all I get when dueling him is pain and a miserable sense of defeat ^^. Thanks for your help though, I'm sure I'll manage to beat him at some point.