Defamation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beefmeister

So a few weeks ago, me and several other players got banned for so-called "defamation" against the mods on the forum. I found the reason pretty ridiculous but by now nothing surprises me anymore considering the caliber we've reached.

I would like a direct explanation, that being transparent for everyone to see - since we know how shady those practices are lately, on how does it make sense for you to ban several players that know you are not doing your role correctly with the reason of "defamation".

"defamation, in law, the act of communicating to a third party false statements about a person that result in damage to that person’s reputation."

By solid reasoning, how exactly was the act of several players complaining about your wrong doings FOR YEARS, an act of tarnishing your reputation? In how many instances did the same thing happen? How is it false exactly? You guys actually think you are doing this game and the players playing it a favor conducting it in the way you are and have been doing it or?

I would also like to know why do you delete comments that do not sit alright with you. The ones where other players are offtopic and trying to hurt, insult each other, yeah, whatever...those should be moderated. But why are you trying to make yourselves look better when this community reached a point where they don't want you moderating this forum/game anymore? This itself is an act of restricting space for independent comments if I'm not mistaken, kind of moves that dictators used, if you see the resemblance.

By the way, I would have nothing against you guys if everything was fair and square, rules applied for everyone in the same way, not banning people for fake reasons and deleting their comments to make the situation look better than it actually is. But this is pretty embarrassing...

Dr Roth

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Forum moderator
Reminder: objections to and questions about moderation must be addressed via direct messages to the moderation team or via the support system. Reposting previously moderated content without clearing it with the moderators is a clear cut case of abuse in virtually all moderated forums anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.