Debate: Military/Army

DeletedUser

Jack, you singled out the US military with your little 'fact'. Let's take a trip to Rwanda and see how many rapes take place by their military shall we?

You know the stories of your grandparents. Wonderful. Shocking and disgusting. Yes...that is what war is. You have added nothing to this conversation except an attempt to cast blame on the biggest target and favorite pinata of the world at the moment. I thought you had a better mind than that.

Don't blame me for picking up the US military, which I referred to quoting your post.

Yes, let's take a trip to Rwanda, I don't mind.

I find it really sad, that you don't understand my point of saying that war is bad, because it makes ordinary people, which happen to be in the military, go mad, but instead you blame me of attacking the US military specifically and feel offensed enough to get sarcastic.
I thought you had a better mind than that.

DeletedUser

No Jack, you singled out the US military in your post. You could have done a comparison between countries but you did not. You thought you'd throw your slanderous comment out there because it would most likely be popular to bash on the big bad USA.

I understand that war is bad. War is not the fault of the USA. We didn't invent it. Do you think I don't know ordinary people in the military? My exhusband was in the first Iraq war, I have friends over there now. Know what? None of them are raping people.

My problem with this entire thread is that it is not separating the individual from the military organization/government and vice versa. If someone is going to make sweeping statements and start pointing fingers then get ready to be called out on it.

Edit: Actually this entire thread makes me sick. Bash America all you want. I'm out of here.

DeletedUser

This sure turned out as a nest of vipers.

I'm not touching this with a 10 foot pole.

DeletedUser

I meand I understand an order is an order.

But if someone asked you to go to your hometown and shoot everyone in sight, Including your own family.

Would you do it?
Just because they might be a threat to your country.

Yes i would and this thread is 100% against me and my faimily so im doing my best to remove it

DeletedUser

If you could remove everything that randomly offended you, there wouldn't be any free speech.

No one has mentioned you or your family, so perhaps you should go and lengthen your fuse a little.

DeletedUser

actualy i have been mentioned, and Jordon himself sent me a message about this thread saying, " you'r going to really like this thread " and its aganst us because we are all majour supporters of the military. and i never said i was removeing anything.

DeletedUser

No, that was you about 5 minutes ago. It's about 4 posts before this one. In this thread.

DeletedUser3717

I actaully sent a request mail to Elmyr asking if a debate about the military was allowed, He approved. I knew this sorta stuff intrested you Thealex90 So I invited you to join.

I didn't mean to offend you or your family members as much of an idiot as I think you are.

Get over it, Just a few pixels..

DeletedUser

im talking about the only words he put in the qoute i made a comment like that on a thread

DeletedUser3717

im talking about the only words he put in the qoute i made a comment like that on a thread

For the love of good stop making so many mistakes in your sentances.

"Oh noes them lots are talking about the past military automatic offense"

Just because some people tend to bash about the american military. (My sincer apologies Desi) That also includes me, I only bash the military when you start giving me lip and insult me or other users.

We aren't here to offend you but debate, Stop crying for attention and chill out dude.

DeletedUser

i hate Anti-Military folks, and if i could id ban all anti military folks

DeletedUser3717

i hate Anti-Military folks, and if i could id ban all anti military folks

Good luck with that.

So that would leave about 3000 people in the world?

Have fun :)

Some people who are military hate the military, they only do it for one reason, Money... Gives them house, Warmth, Shelter, Food And electricity

DeletedUser

Alex - take your hate somewhere else. Hate is an ignorant emotion, not a reasoned attitude. Feel free to disagree with people who are opposed to the military. Hatred, however, only makes you a bigot and a dangerous fool.

Jack - I largely agree with your last post. I would probably not go so far as to say "when there is no more military" but only because that seems like believing in the tooth fairy to me. I was going to write a longer reply about the way military training (in my experience) coexists with a quiet culture of brutalisation which brings quite vicious hazing and, yes, sexual assault, along for the the ride. This hidden culture is almost "necessary" in order for soldiers to do what they sometimes have to do. But I think Artemis covered all that quite well with her usual wisdom.

I also accept that when you referred to the US that you were posting based on the knowledge you have and not intending to specifically paint the US in a highly prejudicial way. But I do think, regardless of intent, it didn't come across so harmlessly so maybe an apology wouldn't go astray. Not because you said something untrue, but because the post did appear to represent it as a specific nation's flaw when it really isn't.

Me - I return to... war is ugly. The military is made up of some crappy individuals but many more individuals who actually want to do something useful for their communities, and for the global community as well. And I think they pay a high personal price for that. But they are not "heroes" and there is no glory in their work. And cultures which glorify their soldiers (which mine most certainly does) perpetuate myths about war which are inexcusable in my opinion.

I am not a pacifist, but I certainly don't support the military decisions my own country has made, nor those of many others. But Jordan's suggestion of all soldiers just refusing orders, or dreaming of a time when no military exists... That makes no sense to me. Perhaps with age I have become too pragmatic and accept more of reality than I should.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'm a pacifist, with the exclusion of drunken brawls. My life would be empty without them.