D-day - action and afternath

DeletedUser

operation overlord (more commonly known as D-day) was the largest amphibious action in the whole of history. it was the plan for the allied liberation of europe.

BACK STORY: hopefully all of you should know it, but if you don't, : be ashamed, and B: click http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II.

in this thread, we play as the men fighting this great campaign, on the beaches, in the hedgerows, and in the towns and villages. we won't just be fighting on D-day, we will also be fighting in the other battles of operation overlord, such as the battle for cherbourg, the battle for caen, the battle for st-lo, and the heavy fighting in the falaise pocket.

LIST OF COUNTRIES INVOLVED IN D-DAY:

ALLIES:

britain
america
canada
(other countries that fought, albeit in smaller minorites, were austrailia and the few polish and french army groups that escaped the blitzkrieg)

AXIS:

germany
italy
russian POWS (not kidding, the germans really did use russian POWS to fill the gaps in the lines)

RULES;
usual stuff,
no god-modding,
no spamming
etc etc.

CHARACTER SHEET:

NAME:
UNIT:
WEAPON:
BIO:

right, there's everything, PM me if you have any questions.

UNIT: kings shropshire light infantry
WEAPON: no.4 lee enfield rifle with bayonet
BIO: joined the army in 1940 and fought during the blitzkrieg. he hopes that the war will end swiftly after D-day.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Name:Heinrich Von Stiechlisen
Unit:2nd Paratrooper Platoon
Weapon:Geweher with bayonet & a Luger
Bio:Heinrich also known as Hein joined the 2nd Paratrooper Platoon at the age of 18 before D-Day and his birthday was 3 days before D-Day.

DeletedUser

Name: Lucky McLiveforeverwiegelstein
Weapon: Kar96k
Bio: has always had bad luck.
Notes: you don't think he's gonna make it.

I give tigermite permission to snipe me, or MOW permission to commit treason and kill me.

DeletedUser

i'll start!

john boarded the landing craft that was to take him to sword beach. nervously he clutched his rifle. he began to pray, hoping that he would get off the beach...

DeletedUser

Heinrich waited with his comrades in the MG Nest in the most westernly tower.He saw the troops land and fired his rifle at them and hit one and injured another.He then helped reload the MG and then continued to fire his rifle at the soldiers.

DeletedUser

NAME: Carsten
UNIT: 1st Brigader divison
WEAPON: Gewehr 41
BIO: Carsten was forced into the german army by his farther, his choices were enlist or die, carsten chose enlist, He wasn't weak, but he wasn't an extremely strong man, he was a great shot though.

DeletedUser

(Nicolasb there's no Helicopters... and stop godmodding)

A few bullets strayed into the MG Nest but all just missed Heinrich's squad.His captain who was firing the MG was hit my a bullet and died immediately.Heinrich took over and cut down 7 enemy troops and forced another squad to take cover.

DeletedUser

I saw the captian die just as I walked into the bunker, " Damnit! " I shouted I got into position beside the edge of the bunker, the Americans looked scared to death, all crossing themselfs and bowing their heads in prayer, Cartesen aimed down the scope of his rifle and took shot at a soldier, after taking the shot, two other men in the boat jumped out in fear,I knew who the captian in the boat was now because he shot his " Fellow " soldiers for their cowardly actions, I couldn't tell if it was water or urine running down one of the men's legs, I lined up another shot, missing their captian barely, but nailing their gunner.

DeletedUser

james ran out of the landing craft, he fell into the water and was submerged for a few hellish seconds before he got back up and made it onto the beach, he ran past the obstacles and reached the exit from the beach. it was blocked by barbed wire, so h e dived down and began to dig into the shingle, trying to get some cover.