Crafting

Spaceydk

JoxerTM suggested this Thread

Crafting 101 – Doing it solo

I started out alone and made it to 430 points before joining a town, it took me 4.5 months and I still did the quests, got the golden saber and golden gun. This is how I would do it if I have to do it again. This is for premium Energy and Higher Income

Plan ahead look at what you will need later and don’t craft products you might not need later on. Get the recipes from the market when you see them available and check the market very often and buy when you see a good deal, I bought Ham for example anywhere from $20-$1000, the $1000 were not a good deal but when you need 100+ you take them when you can get them.
Buy if you have the cash even if its 200 crafting points later you need it, you will need A LOT of products, I used about 850 pumpkins alone, so start buying early and often.

How to get the cash is a different story but I were searching for the 3rd key when I started this and found a lot of good products I could sell for high amounts, 2 Belle’s, Nats, Bowies and so on and that obviously helped and I always would rather do a job that made me $400 in an hour and pay those $400 for a jug since it would most likely take me more than 1 hour to find a jug. Doing it solo will probably cost upwards to $400.000-$500.000

I am a Field Cook and this is the strategy I would use no matter which profession.

0-50 Get started with 40 easy points and 10 a little harder.
0-10 Do 10 Tomato Puree
10-20 Do 10 Tomato Sauce
20-40 Do 20 Baked Beans
40-50 Do 10 Jugs of Water

Level 50 First issue some of your recipes turn grey of the initial recipes only Slice of Cake is still yellow but you get 2 new recipes Stew Beans and Bacon and Cook Jam. Unless you have the ingredients I wouldn’t make any of them, you can sell them on the market for about $1500 but if you have to pay $1000 for the pan it is not worth it.

50-100 Slice of Cake

You end up with 50 cakes but can sell them on the market for a little profit just don’t put them all at once put a couple now and then so you don’t crash the market.
Level 100 and 3 new recipes, Prepare Mash, Dough and Marinate a Steak.
Prepare Mash no need for, Marinate a Steak better use for you precious T-Bones later on, Dough you will need later so:

100-150 Dough.

Level 150 reached and 3 new recipes. Bake a Cake, Brew Liquor and Brew a Fish Stock.
Brew a Fish Stock is needed later so need some of those and not that hard to make beside Crab Meat.
Bake a Cake will contain an item in 1.33 so we need a few of these so any leftover Jugs make a few Cakes.
Brew a Liquor the easiest to make if you have the money, Rum pays a lot and you get 4 every hour you work, Blue Berries you also get 4 every hour and can use leftover money to buy Canteen and Tequila.

150-200
150-160 Bake a Cake
160-200 Brew a Fish Stock/Brew Liquor

Level 200 and no new recipes and Bake a Cake, Brew Liquor and Brew a Fish Stock turns green so now the real hard work begins.
200-250 Brew a Fish Stock/Brew Liquor

Level 250 3 new recipes. Cook Vegetable Dumplings, Cook Fish Soup, Prepare a Roast Turkey.
We have the Dough and Fish Stock from earlier so that helps a lot, Turkey is infamous for being hard to get so only make a Roast Turkey if you have a few spare Turkeys.

250-275 Cook Vegetable Dumplings.
275-300 Cook Fish Soup

Level 300 and all previous recipes are grey but luckily a new recipe Prepare Mince. Hardest step EVER. You will need 50 Knifes, 50 Chopping Boards, 100 Ham and 100 T-Bone Steaks.
This level alone costs $150.000 easy but luckily you have been buying Knifes and Chopping Boards every time you have seen a good deal the last couple of months.

300-350 Prepare Mince

Level 350 3 new recipes. Prepare Dried Cod, Produce Incense, Prepare Sauce.
Prepare Sauce is the easiest, just need a lot of pumpkins and a few tomatoes. Produce Incense no need for. Prepare Dried Cod no need for, only make these 2 if you have products left over.

350-400 Prepare Sauce

Level 400 and one new recipe A Fish Wrapped in a Newspaper and the 3 previous recipes have turned green.
You will need your newspapers later salmon is not that easy to get so let’s keep pumping out Sauce .

400-410 A Fish Wrapped in a Newspaper
410-450 Prepare Sauce.

Level 450 Congrats you made it 450 and Gentleman Dinners awaits you.
Mistakes I made were making a lot more Charcoal than I needed, crafting to expensive products, not selling cakes and other usable products for a little cash.

You will spend a lot of time riding around getting the products you need from the different markets so make sure you have some fast clothes and this script or something similar The West Petee's utilities v0.5.1.

It is an advantage that for example Charcoal goes grey because there is a much better chance of getting Excellent Result which means you get 2 crafted products instead of one.

A few stats
482 crafting points now but I have crafted 783 products.
221 products crafted with grey recipe
100 products crafted with green difficulty
34 products crafted with excellent result

I have sold very little of what I have crafted maybe 4-5 of each except for Gentleman Dinners interested in what products I have leftover: http://tw-db.info/?strana=invent&x=af3c1aa9c4fab371588cea5062443c42488fcd20

Last edited:

Spaceydk

Crating 102 Town/Alliance Crafting

I just started in a Town/Alliance but based on my experiences this is how I would do it.

COORDINATE, COORDINATE, COORDIANTE.

Obviously at least one of each profession is needed it will take up a lot of time so preferably someone done with quests, for bigger alliances 2 blacksmith, 2 Tonic, 1 saddler and 1-2 Field cook then there would also be a back up in case someone skips out.

A Coordinator someone that collects the items from markets and other alliance members and share them out between those that are crafting buys the crafted items and sell them to alliance members. This way the economy will also work without breaking the pushing rules. He can also take care of quest items. Someone with an extra bag of loot or shackle? I am sure there is one in the alliance that would appreciate that. He would also give out work assignments on needed products everyone should do the jobs and get the products.

Everyone have a few extra products that they do not need and if 20-40 people pool them together it adds up very quickly.

It requires dedicated people working for the better of the alliance and alliance members willing to work for the alliance and not just for themselves but they would end up with a strong alliance with all the buffs and useable items needed in the game.

A strong alliance with good communication, where everyone gave their surplus products and worked 1 hour a day on ordered jobs would have 6-7 Master Crafters in 6-8 weeks MAX.

The 2 most important things are COORDINATION and COMMUNICATION

Last edited:

Spaceydk

UPDATE AND FAQ POST

I still use around 10K a day on products getting ready for the next levels and being able to being able to produce anything, selling Gentleman dinners from $188 to 2000 in my town and a lot more on the public market. I had 30K+ yesterday now I have $489. Crafter= being poor.
Today I have worked 4 hours and traveled 6 hours to markets picking up products.

For me fair prices right now are $100 for whiskey, $100 for newspapers and $300 for Cigars so its a good opportunity for everyone work a bit at Whiskey(high level) make a lot of Xp and $400 extra), worky at Selling newspapers and make $400 extra (low level if premium) . I need 8 whiskey, 3 cigars and 6 newspapers for a Gentleman Dinner so the cost to me would be $2300 and that is about the price I sell to alliance town members sometimes find them at minimum prices at $188.

For non-alliance I offer the dinners for between $10-15000 which I see is fair its 5 actions so the one quest where you need to do a job you can not do but is close you can buy a dinner and do not need to reskill and then reskill back which would cost at least the same.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Hey at first glance I like it. After I study it thoroughly, definetly expect some more questions. ;)
Also please don't forget to update it when recipes above level 500 get added in the game, no rush needed as there are not many crafters that can work on those..
Huge thanks for this.