Count to 00,000

DeletedUser13682

*yawn*

Found out that there's debate about whether numbers are actually things or if our brains just came up with them to help understand the universe. Or something like that.

DeletedUser13682

*yawn*

Their best science was only about 1800ish. And they didn't do as much philosophy.

DeletedUser13682

*yawn*

I agree. The wonders they could have performed if only they had tied magnetism and electricity together.

fortfighter1

Still remember my first computer class when we were taught that a calculus was the first computer invented. Your basic adding machine. Would have been fun trying to play THE WEST on one of those.

DeletedUser31931

I mean, the first computer ever invented ran off of steam power and a lot of cogs. It was never built, but it's been proven to work theoretically. The only person to write potential inputs for it was Charles Babage's niece (Babage being the man who invented the analytical engine) and those programmes have also been proven to have worked, making the world's first programmer a woman.

DeletedUser13682

*yawn*

Ada Byron wasn't Babbage's niece. She just happened to have met him due to her mother's insistence that Ada never get into poetry. Which is fine, I guess. But I was talking about the transistor and how it allowed so many things that once were considered impossible.