Count to 00,000

DeletedUser

Yeah, that is one of the reasons I could never really get into Ancient History.

DeletedUser31931

You can use that to your favour though, because it can give you the public image of the person you're studying and it can also tell you of the victor's opinion and you can cross-reference to make sure that what you're reading is right.

DeletedUser13682

*yawn*

I don't much know about the Albion school system, but over here, seems like we have a much more military focused history, until after the Civil War (the one over here, not that one involving Cromwell), then again after WWII, with the other conflicts and wars barely mentioned. Vietnam is also big, but I think we're slightly biased against it now. Between 1865 and 1941 it's mostly American reform, then how Hitler was bad then Civil Rights and a bit about the Vietnam War, then some teachers will throw in the Oklahoma City bombing. Here, however, the only history I've really learned so far is why the Thresher sank.

DeletedUser28032

Well for three years I was mainly taught about WW2 and the rise and fall of Nazi Germany, with a little bit of the great depression and the cold war thrown in. A level I did the Unification of Germany, Russian history between Tsar Alexander III to Kruschev (both of which were really interesting) and Modern British history which was... well... really boring. In essence it was thirty years of "Labour did something then the Tories undid it"

DeletedUser13682

*yawn*

I do know about what happened to British Leyland; that was a bit sad, I think.

DeletedUser

Those are some of the reasons why I stay away from the school history curriculum. It's all this whitewashed political spin, instead of the simple facts.

DeletedUser31931

The problem with things like the minister for education etc. is that they aren't decided on the suitability for the job, they're decided on politics, which is how people like Michael Gove end up as Minister for Education. Some people aren't that bad at their job and some people end up doing a decent job (I'd say George Osborne might well fall into that last category so long as Labour don't take the next election and reverse half of what he's done but then again I'm slightly biased towards him for personal reasons).

Last edited by a moderator:

Apelatia

CoA is looking very interesting... I am going to enjoy this part very much indeed.

Edit: Johann, I should have said, 'Aka ono' actually meant 'For you'. The boy doesn't know Akana's name. :D

Last edited:

DeletedUser13682

*yawn*

Well, um... whoops? Still, I hope the confusion that's caused makes for some more interesting character development, and other things. But now I feel silly. However, I feel we must all plod on together to overcome this disaster and still turn it around to be a victory for all of us.

DeletedUser31931

Duct tape and WD-40. You can solve any problem with those two things (mechanical that is)