Closed: Market Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Except for rare items who would spend more then retail for an item? I tried to add a gun I got from a job and just wanted to test out the system and it keeps saying the price is lower then retail. Who would get into an auction for an item if they are going to have to spend more then retail for the item is cheaper and faster just to buy the item in the store. Only items I can see the market being useful for as it currently seems to operate is rare items like map bits or notes or something but for general items available to anyone in the store not so much!!! :unsure:

DeletedUser

You can list items for the sale price which is half the retail price and 4 times cheaper than out of town price.
Weapons unless rare or precise dont seem to sale, no desire for them, though good cloth sale for retail and even above. Maybe thoguh you should list for sale price as start bid for auction and see how you go, atleast your get what you would have got for it selling it in your inventory.
I hope some of that advise helps you some what, either way it is now better you can actually sale for more than you would have normally got.

DeletedUser25632

I think you fail to realize that not every store is the same in each town. They generate random items, Rusty, Normal, Sharp. Fancy or non fancy Items.

Therefore, avoiding to join another town to get the item at "retail" price they pay a little bit more than retail to get an item they need. If you went to look at another store without being in the town, the item is four times higher.

DeletedUser

You can list items for the sale price which is half the retail price and 4 times cheaper than out of town price.
Weapons unless rare or precise dont seem to sale, no desire for them, though good cloth sale for retail and even above. Maybe thoguh you should list for sale price as start bid for auction and see how you go, atleast your get what you would have got for it selling it in your inventory.
I hope some of that advise helps you some what, either way it is now better you can actually sale for more than you would have normally got.

I tried that a number of times and it kept giving me a red banner saying the price was cheaper then retail and refused to let me list the item even when I had priced the item 1 buck over retail it still refused to let me list the item for sale. :huh:

DeletedUser

Really, this could be a bug, have you tried listing in a different town with a market ?
Here I took the time to example exactly how to do it for auction, no buy it now price, listed for bids.
sharp_razor.png
Sharp Razor blade14-2018 (+1 Aim) sale for $177, buy for $354 , buy external $1416

market.jpg

I hope that helps, could be the item you are trying to sale has an error or the market you are trying to use does. Good luck , let me know how you get on with that.

DeletedUser

Yes I understand that. The form is very simple. I added an immediate sale proce and I tried several different price ranes for the item I was selling which was below market value, AT market value and I even tried $1 above market value and all 3 times it rejected my sales offer saying it was below the sale price.

So maybe it is a bug and needs to be moved to bugs but the forum is simple and was filled out properly.

Now I did fiddle with the figures some and FINALLY got it to accept but does not make sense as first few times through kept telling me that the price was below retail price so the suggestion still stands

Suggestion being: Price should be able to be below retail price within reason of course cause who will waste time if they can simply goto a store and buy it cheaper cause in an auction rate will go up in the store it won't and it refuses to accept any value less then retail in the boxes

Maybe it's a bug not sure:unsure:

Really, this could be a bug, have you tried listing in a different town with a market ?
Here I took the time to example exactly how to do it for auction, no buy it now price, listed for bids.
Sharp Razor blade14-2018 (+1 Aim) sale for $177, buy for $354 , buy external $1416

I hope that helps, could be the item you are trying to sale has an error or the market you are trying to use does. Good luck , let me know how you get on with that.

Deleted User - 1278415

Suggestion being: Price should be able to be below retail price within reason of course cause who will waste time if they can simply goto a store and buy it cheaper cause in an auction rate will go up in the store it won't and it refuses to accept any value less then retail in the boxes

if that item is not in my own town stores and I can get the item in the market that is below the 4x retail price then yes I will still buy it and I might even use 10 gold nuggets to have the item delivered to me if it is too far away.

Since the trader has come about and the market.... I have very little reason to leave my town anymore and that is a big reason that I'll pay a little extra since I dont have to leave and ask for my founder hat when I come back... and I dont miss any fort battles while I'm out.

Closing this as it seems that it is a feedback suggestion/bug and not an idea that has a solution to fix the issue at hand.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.