class change/change classes

Symbiote

i regret picking dueller because i thought duels are still fire, but that was 10 years ago, now i want to go worker tank for FF because i think tanks are more important when played correctly than damage but i can't dismiss the progress i've made in my current acc and this stacks the more i play with it, so must be with other players and even older acc that want a better class to FF in nowadays scenario. could we be able to change classes in some way? if not being able in-game, what if we could ask support to rebuild a new character with a renewed class? not to mention poor adventurers with stale stats. all classes non-ff stats are stale goddamn it. the only good use for duellers on duel is being able to duel from distance without noticing the opponent, travel is broken by speed sets [saddler too was broken by these] and even soldiers are more duel oriented on behalf of their extra hp and tacts. lower weapon requirement means nothing when all set weapon requires lv1. not only being stuck with a class is lame, their stats are nowadays lame. what is an adv gonna do with 20% more drops? add that to the 242% luck they get from luck farm gear and it means nothing

ok, "how much does being able to switch classes break gameplay" is a good question, but i don't think at current state this should be kept without asking, i'm to create a new acc and shut down mine before it's too late, and i'm already fond of mine character and i don't want to shut him down

it would be great if all classes had Main function and Secondary function, meaning if you go dueller you are not stuck with doing dmg forever, if you have a non-hp tank set as Reino Eno has his ^5 Zapata [that's wild] you could still perform the legendary tank dueller. adv fellas need a revamp more than any other class, but all of them need one. revamp classes and being able to change classes, man i'd pay 1000 nuggs only to change class if you want our 3rd world wagie pennies. class change might not be necessary if they are balanced and not settled in stone, we literally having stone age stats for modern day The West

inb4 it's never too late to stop playing the game

Symbiote

general ideas for class stats, both PvE and PvP, with even a feature that unlocks depending on if you have more aim or dodge on your set:

Adventurers: more $ oriented, they have extra wages, extra luck, extra drops, even extra crafts why not. the % is a multiplier rather than stacked with sets stats, meaning 242% luck set with 20% gives you 290% luck instead of 262%. raise these multipliers to 20% on freemium to make it worth.

FF: Fast Travel: adventurers can now travel 1 extra sector.
More Aim: Ghost Unlocked. 50% chance of not being target at all, no need to be triggered only after receiving 2 shots.
More Dodge: Stacking Dodge. the regular ghost is nice but make adventurers unreliable tanks at times, so what about a stacking dodge? with every further shot taken, increases the chance of dodge on the next round, resets every round with each shot taken. maybe a positive 1.1^ stack so adventurers can alternate between taking the heat at one round and dodging plenty on the next round.

Duellers: more duel oriented, i like the teleport duel thing so please keep that. maybe 10% increased duel stats? being able to foresee the opponent stats from items should be default for all classes, not only duel. a bit more speed is signature but outdated, 10% more money in duel means nothing because that is not a dueller main income source [banks bro] and faster duel motivation is meh, consumables are cheap anyway.

FF: Headshots: having a chance of dealing crits is dope, keep that as signature
More Aim: Steady Aim. missing shots increase the chance of the following shot by 10%, stacking until a shot is landed.
More Dodge: Steady Toughness. shots taken deal 8% of max hp, crits deal 16%

Soldiers: more FF oriented, faster regeneration than other classes [twice as fast] and with off-duel orientation. having the stupid amount of hp is broken but is what sets them apart from the other tanks, also it's signature so should stay.

FF: Standard-bearer: increases leadership to you and 8 fellow players around you; doesn't stack
More Aim: Double-time. 20% chance of shooting a second time in battle
More Dodge: Recoil. 20% more chance of dodge if landed a shot in the previous round

Workers: more XP oriented, no fees whatsoever in any that apply, raise the XP %, make it a multiplier not stack, and add 10% more labor points in all jobs.

FF: Builder: being in any structure that gives bonus to aim or dodge doubles it [does not apply to work tower buff on worker or the game breaks]
More Aim: Calculated shots: 20% more aim.
More Dodge: Careful tactics: 20% more dodge.

this is a general concept for new class bonus and revamps, we can't endure any longer what is now and this is a so much needed revival on classes being important, what sets have completely discombobulated.

post edit: numbers before and after premium are not set, just the buff to be considerated

EmyLegend

general ideas for class stats, both PvE and PvP, with even a feature that unlocks depending on if you have more aim or dodge on your set:

Adventurers: more $ oriented, they have extra wages, extra luck, extra drops, even extra crafts why not. the % is a multiplier rather than stacked with sets stats, meaning 242% luck set with 20% gives you 290% luck instead of 262%. raise these multipliers to 20% on freemium to make it worth.

FF: Fast Travel: adventurers can now travel 1 extra sector.
More Aim: Ghost Unlocked. 50% chance of not being target at all, no need to be triggered only after receiving 2 shots.
More Dodge: Stacking Dodge. the regular ghost is nice but make adventurers unreliable tanks at times, so what about a stacking dodge? with every further shot taken, increases the chance of dodge on the next round, resets every round with each shot taken. maybe a positive 1.1^ stack so adventurers can alternate between taking the heat at one round and dodging plenty on the next round.

Duellers: more duel oriented, i like the teleport duel thing so please keep that. maybe 10% increased duel stats? being able to foresee the opponent stats from items should be default for all classes, not only duel. a bit more speed is signature but outdated, 10% more money in duel means nothing because that is not a dueller main income source [banks bro] and faster duel motivation is meh, consumables are cheap anyway.

FF: Headshots: having a chance of dealing crits is dope, keep that as signature
More Aim: Steady Aim. missing shots increase the chance of the following shot by 10%, stacking until a shot is landed.
More Dodge: Steady Toughness. shots taken deal 8% of max hp, crits deal 16%

Soldiers: more FF oriented, faster regeneration than other classes [twice as fast] and with off-duel orientation. having the stupid amount of hp is broken but is what sets them apart from the other tanks, also it's signature so should stay.

FF: Standard-bearer: increases leadership to you and 8 fellow players around you; doesn't stack
More Aim: Double-time. 20% chance of shooting a second time in battle
More Dodge: Recoil. 20% more chance of dodge if landed a shot in the previous round

Workers: more XP oriented, no fees whatsoever in any that apply, raise the XP %, make it a multiplier not stack, and add 10% more labor points in all jobs.

FF: Builder: being in any structure that gives bonus to aim or dodge doubles it [does not apply to work tower buff on worker or the game breaks]
More Aim: Calculated shots: 20% more aim.
More Dodge: Careful tactics: 20% more dodge.

this is a general concept for new class bonus and revamps, we can't endure any longer what is now and this is a so much needed revival on classes being important, what sets have completely discombobulated.

post edit: numbers before and after premium are not set, just the buff to be considerated
Pretty good changes.

Huscarle.

A few months ago, I made this suggestion, and the discussion reached that conclusion, perhaps, JUST perhaps, they have something in mind or in the works. Not long ago, we haven't had a 'Road Map' with the goals for the next 3 years. I know it sounds ironic to quote myself, but it's the only thing I have on hand at the moment.

https://forum.the-west.net/index.ph...ial-skills-return-to-unique-characters.61585/

Symbiote

A few months ago, I made this suggestion, and the discussion reached that conclusion, perhaps, JUST perhaps, they have something in mind or in the works. Not long ago, we haven't had a 'Road Map' with the goals for the next 3 years. I know it sounds ironic to quote myself, but it's the only thing I have on hand at the moment.

https://forum.the-west.net/index.ph...ial-skills-return-to-unique-characters.61585/

would be horrified if this topic was not discussed a long ago, i think it has always been a discussion but no ideas implemented so far

i like how this idea of yours is almost as if there is a skill tree for people to unlock new features, this could sinergize good with the fixed class stats but we should think of how to implement these skill unlocked perks with this many sets arounds. maybe you could unlock these with fixed skill points earned by level instead of gear sets

Symbiote

addition: remove ff bonus from the VIP class buff. this is totally pay 2 win in an already pay 2 win game, but is literally "pay so you can perform better in battles".

make a separated PvE farming stats and PvP FF stats, the VIP increases the regular outside of battle stats and the FF stats don't require premium to be good. this segregates heavy the f2p who want to partake and do good in battle, man 20% aim AND dodge on worker whooping to 40% with premium is heavy

Sciamano

Hello everyone
Any information about what is going on with class changes?When players opinions will be considered?
I ll share my point of view:
It is really desperate to play 150 lvl adventurer with the current bonus we get in fort fights.
Despite that we are the less usefull our performance/xp/rewards do not count the ghosting performance.
Inno,if you do not consider changing the class bonus, you should at least implement the class change filter.

Thanks for understanding

Huscarle.

Hello everyone
Any information about what is going on with class changes?When players opinions will be considered?
I ll share my point of view:
It is really desperate to play 150 lvl adventurer with the current bonus we get in fort fights.
Despite that we are the less usefull our performance/xp/rewards do not count the ghosting performance.
Inno,if you do not consider changing the class bonus, you should at least implement the class change filter.

Thanks for understanding
It is possible, just possible, that they are considering implementing a system based on the models proposed in this suggestion I made months ago. They might be thinking about creating a model that resembles a current MMORPG. However, there is no certainty as of today.

gabe nelson

while i like some of these, no thanks to the 10% increased duel stats and the Dodge: Steady Toughness. shots taken deal 8% of max hp, crits deal 16%. As an intermediate tank (I view high-level tanks as those with 35k-40k+ hitpoints, I can tell you that my little vip hp bonus evaporates like lightning when I'm critted 2,3, sometimes 4 times in row on a single round. Poof! Now, I don't mind that; it's my job as a tank, but that's my reality as a soldier/tank and some ffs (depending on varying factors I may not even see round 6. And, while I don't think you mean regeneration during a ff (which wouldn't be practical anyway) regeneration outside a ff is already near meaningless as I use market buffs and gear. Oh, and the whole reduced levels for weapons is.....well, yep, meaningless.

Symbiote

while i like some of these, no thanks to the 10% increased duel stats and the Dodge: Steady Toughness. shots taken deal 8% of max hp, crits deal 16%. As an intermediate tank (I view high-level tanks as those with 35k-40k+ hitpoints, I can tell you that my little vip hp bonus evaporates like lightning when I'm critted 2,3, sometimes 4 times in row on a single round. Poof! Now, I don't mind that; it's my job as a tank, but that's my reality as a soldier/tank and some ffs (depending on varying factors I may not even see round 6. And, while I don't think you mean regeneration during a ff (which wouldn't be practical anyway) regeneration outside a ff is already near meaningless as I use market buffs and gear. Oh, and the whole reduced levels for weapons is.....well, yep, meaningless.
currently you need 4 shots to die, making it 8% solid life no matter the damage of the attacker means 12 shots, and a crit counts as a double, so you can expect to survive 10 shots instead of 4. on itself i belive it is still less than what regular tanks are able to withstand, and in comparison with the other tank classes bonuses mentioned it would still be the weakest of tanks, but still flexible enough to tank at times; 10% duel stats would be op indeed. what about soldier has 20% tact bonus and dueller has 10% app bonus? if all classes could have a bonus for duel, workers could have too a 10% buff in aim and dodge, adventurers as they in jobs take less damage they could also have 10% toughness and reflex buff. neat!

svefn

I do support this idea. I don't think that dueller is such a bad class, indeed with exp set shooting people gets you around 5k exp per duel, which is a few duels per level on lvls 60-80 - quite a quick way up! But having soldier with -3 weapon lvl stats, adv with free sleeping sound totally absurd.

Also thumbs up for changing the class. I played a ton of games with a similar class-to-character system (e.g., WoW) and everywhere you can pay to change the class and it does not "break" things if classes themselves are balanced, as everyone are unhappy with their classes and moving to others, so there's a constant "balancing flow" from one class to another.

Moreover, I do believe that adding one more class won't hurt and would bring fresh air into the game. Given that the game itself is quite straightforward it would be really hard to mess it up.
As an option we can also think about leveling the current classes, it's a common approach in games where from "warrior" you can evolve into "paladin" or "berserker" and so on. Don't see why we can't have the same here, say, after lvl 150.

gabe nelson

I highly doubt much - if any- of this stuff will even get a second glance by devs, and having been around when the dueller class legitimately had a gripe, I think they've much improved. Yeah I like the one-time class change (not likely at all to even be considered). Currently, I'm a soldier, and frankly it's anything but glamorous. Yeah i enjoy helping out my town by tanking, but frankly for many fort fights i just hope i last long enough before perhaps being ordered to take a fall to gain some decent xp. I don't give a rip about the reduce weapon level. Personally, I'd change to dueller (perhaps even consider a payment to do so); seems to be much more interesting and exciting getting the chance to crit, and also the thrill of trying to squeeze in a fort fighting build that gives you some additional "tank-like" hitpoints. It's not easy, but doable. I know of a few folks that have pulled it off. So, good luck with any of this, having been around since 2009 the wheels on stuff like this general turn pretty slow---if at all.

course maybe im wrong about the possibilities...