Civil war

• Thread starter demoderbydude77
  • Start date

DeletedUser

OK i'm makin a game. All you do is say Union or Confederate (explain) and then say Infantry, cavalry, artillery? (explain) Then which battle is the best/ worst (explain)

DeletedUser

what kind of game ya doing. Im pretty good on the American Civil war period but anyway

Union Because the confederacy dident have any of the specific weapon that follows

Artillery (3-Inch Ordance Rifle) Because the 3-Inch ordance rifle was one of the most accurate Rifled artillery pieces of the war and never exploded unlike most Rifled cannons.

Shiloh-Because it was one the pivital Union victories in the early war and a good example of how gunboats can make a diffrence .

Sam J McCord

Union: I like their weps

Cavalry: Good men, good animals, 1863 Sharps carbine: Very accurate and easy to transport. drawback: it was a single shot and was still operated with the flintlock design, which took to long to reload.

Battle: probably Mannasas II ( 2nd bull run) which was one of the FIRST Union victories of the war after losing the early battles of the war. ( Mannasas I, Fredricksburg.)

Sam J McCord

no that was the FIRST bull run my dear sir

WELL actually I guess the rebs DID win the 2nd but not by much because they were outnumbered, but ol' Lee was a pretty good old general so look at the odds I guess. See I was told that the Union won at Mannasas II

I guess therefore my second favorite battle was at Fort Donelson, Tennesee, because that was Grant's FIRST MAJOR Victory during the war, in which after led to more victories, making him a good choice for the command of the Union army.

Last edited by a moderator: