Chat status ability

Hot Moose Knuckle

Idea title: Be able to change your online status and more!

Details of idea:
1st: I would like to have the options to change my status to "Away," "Off line (be invisible while online)," or online.

2nd to have the ability to post a phrase, updates, or personal status when people try to chat with me in the pop up window like you can in the town or alliance chat rooms.

Reasons for submitting:
People are busy and leave the computer on for this game. The computer apparently times out and gives an away status when gamers are at idle. It would be nice to have the ability to give more information if a player would like when contacted or change status for the chat services if they would like.

Rebow is this right?

DeletedUser22685

Sounds like Skype, I think it'd be a nice addition but wouldn't put it as a priority. I'd vote yes in a poll.

DeletedUser34781

yes from me... when whispering you don't wanna seem like you are ignoring folks.. as im on n off most days i stay logged in n whispers opened can fill up with xxxx is now away 50 times ..

Apelatia

I like the general idea of being able to inform people where you are, since if I have to go afk for some reason, maybe in the middle of a fort fight, I know of countless occasions where people have been asking where I am. It would be nice to have a little bar at the top of a whisper window, rather like a chat topic, saying, 'Eating dinner, will be back ASAP.' Of course, I'm not suggesting that there be set topics of course.

+1 from me. I like the overall idea.

DeletedUser30224

I don't think I would be setting my status at away when I have to take a leak or even when I play a game or read a book while my browser is open, but would be nice to set a message that appears like a topic in the whisper: If I belong to an alliance that keeps whispering to get people to battles, like we do in Arizona, then it would be useful to put a whisper topic on your end saying: "Not attending battles, Questing atm" .

Will vote yes.

Hot Moose Knuckle

Ok... this is what I mean.....

1- have the ability to change what your Status in general terms like
A- Online=People will see you are online like they do now. No change in chat.
B- Offline=You will show up in the friends list Offline as is does now. No change
C- Away= You will show up in the friends list as Online but Away (still able to receive whispers but promps the sender of the whisper the status the receiver is away (See further note below). No over all change
D- Invisible=You will show up in the friends list Offline but you will have full abilities to visit and play the game without restrictions.
You can still send a whisper but the chat box will open to the receiver noting you are invisible. Nobody can tell if you are online.
E=Fort War- Just thought of this. Able to have messages sent. Chat box opens but you do not get the messages until you change your status back to "Online" Or "Invisible"
2- referring to C
- When sending a message in the event of C or A & B as well. You should have the ability like town leaders to put in a message of you own creation that people will see when they whisper to you. Only in the dialog box opening like the chat rooms now have will there be a place for you to place a message.

Like: Be Back @ 530
Do Not Disturb in a Fort war
Post a great duel link if you want!

So 2 topic one will have a 3 tab next to ROOMS, FRIENDS, STATUS. The status is where you can change you status and maybe post the second idea of personal message post. I am not sure how the town leaders do that since I am not one.