Character Class Change Premium

DeletedUser35533

1. A 5 day old thread is NOT necroing, geez.

2. YES, this is an RPG.

From Innogames website "Cowboy browser RPG".

3. Your point being? You can't first claim this isn't an RPG and then argue about what's possible to do in other RPG games, that's just weird.

1. I often wrongly look at the "join at date" but I don't think this is one of those times. the thread seems to be 5 years old and only recently resurrected

2.Innogames also says it has millions of players and is the best thing since sliced bread. Im assuming I meant it does not have classical rpg elements and so far inno has been slow to build anything beyond the basic framework

3.I am agreeing with you(him) and a naming an example of an mmo where you can change class even across species thus the idea is not some outrageous demand for unreasonable change as some seem to claim. I was sick with fever when I made the post so I did not convey myself well(or maybe at all)

So what it is? First person shooter?
top down strategy or as the guy on inno tv once jokingly said its a spreadsheet simulator.

I think we should all be given an opportunity to change our character classes after the toon's 2 or 3 years old. Sometimes being the same class becomes boring.. if this gets implemented it can make things interesting.

But wait, who passes the idea, and who starts the voting? :p
too long.once a year(maybe on Christmas) is more reasonable

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser34295

1. I often wrongly look at the "join at date" but I don't think this is one of those times. the thread seems to be 5 years old and only recently resurrected

With no intention to sound rude or anything:

Few of the latest posts (day/month - year):

ZeroX13 21/8 - 15

William Todd 24/8 - 15

hairbags 1/10 - 15

Pankreas PorFavor 2/10 - 15

Johnnyboy12345 6/10 - 15

I really don't see why you think Johnny was the one necroing.

Yes, the thread was accidentally revived from 5 years ago (but that was a few months ago now and not due to Johnny) and since then people have had opinions on it, making it a valid discussion to resurrect. Ideas can resurface and get better reception the second time, there's nothing wrong with resurrecting a discussion that might be different this time.

But fair enough, I do sort of see your point as well. I'm a firm believer of having the users decide what's good to discuss though. I we have comments on this now, why start a second discussion thread which makes it difficult to even keep track of earlier discussions? This is the best way for all parts to keep track of what has been said earlier and what's being said now.

Also, I agree with the idea in general. Sure, The West isn't a classic RPG, but it also doesn't fit in any other categories, and I think a class change would be awesome!

DeletedUser

top down strategy or as the guy on inno tv once jokingly said its a spreadsheet simulator.

Since when have strategies one specific hero/character that you are playing with. And what is strategic about the west? Maybe fortress and adventures which are minigames.

Typical RPG :
When starting the game you an choose a character (class or race in fantasy).
You are leveling your character.
With every level you get abilities which can be used for improving character stats.
Inventory.
Collecting items (and then crafting).
Quests.
Collecting money (instead of resources which is typical for strategies)

Every RPG (mmo or just singleplayer) have these points. You maybe think that its strategy because you have top down camera angle but its best solution for browser game.
Read this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Role-playing_game

Also I was playing few other browser rpg games when I was younger and the mechanics perfectly fits on the west.