Chapter 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

iulianp

The West Team
In-Game Supporter
Sheriff John Fitzburn says he needs to speak to the rest of the family, and the three of them walk into the Hunt Hall where the others are gathered. Everyone seems shocked, but few seem to be mourning Isabella. Hugo looks very tired. Otto and Gunilla are sitting next to him. Sigrid seems to be the most affected, she looks distraught. Anton is sitting next to her and has his arm around her.

Sheriff John Fitzburn says that the Rudolfsen couple have given him a good impression of the day's events, but that he has some questions.
He starts by asking Gunilla: "If I understand correctly, you were in the library with the children in the afternoon?". "Yes, Sigrid and I and the children played games," Gunilla says. "Then we went out and played in the snow for a while." "When did you leave the library?" asks Sheriff John Fitzburn. Gunilla thinks for a moment. "Well, Otto came by and said he wanted to go up and talk to his father, and then I looked at the clock on the mantelpiece in the library, it was almost 3.30, so I thought we could stay out for a little while." "Did you all go out?", asks Sheriff John Fitzburn. "Yes, Sigrid and I went out with the kids. We met Kristine and Agnete in the hall, and Agnete came with us." "What did you do after that?", asks Sheriff John Fitzburn. The children looked at Anton, who was fixing the lights on the big Christmas tree in the courtyard, and they played for a while. I spoke to Agnete, then we walked the children into the wing with us, because that's where we live." With a gesture, she points towards the side building. "The children had gotten a little wet and needed to change clothes, and Agnete wanted to freshen up a bit, so she came along. Yes, and then we went to the library.".

Sheriff John Fitzburn looks thoughtful. "You went out into the courtyard, Sigrid?" he asks. "Yes," Sigrid replies. "When Anton was finished, I followed him," Sigrid says. "I put the ladder in the little room by the kitchen entrance," Anton quickly explains. "And then she joined me in the kitchen", says Mrs schröder firmly, "I had a lot to do, to say the least, with the whole house full of people", she adds.Axel smiles a little mischievously. "But first of all, little sister, you wished our stepmother was dead and gone. I heard you tell Anton that you love him, which is nothing new for anyone, but I also heard you say: "She's a witch! I wish she had never come here. I wish she was dead!" - your wish quickly came true..."

Hugo, who has been silent until now, protests loudly. "Shut up, Axel! Love can make you do a lot of stupid things - but your sister didn't murder anyone, in this family you're the black sheep!"
Sheriff John Fitzburn ignores the outburst and continues to question Otto: "You went for a walk with Karl-Henrik and Axel, but you didn't come back at the same time?" he asks. "No," says Otto. "I went back a little early, I had to talk to my dad". "And did you have a good conversation?", John asks. Otto looks at his dad. "Yes, I really think so. I guess Dad had finally realised his mistake and we discussed a solution," Otto replies. "Do you know what time it was when Otto came up to you?" asks Sheriff John Fitzburn, addressing Hugo. "I had just listened to the news at three o'clock and it ends twenty minutes past three, so right after that," Hugo replies. "I wonder what that solution is...", the sheriff mutters, looking thoughtful.

Axel gets up and walks over to the serving table and pours a large cognac from a decanter, raising it questioningly towards the others. Several of them take up the offer of "something to fortify themselves", even Mrs Schröder lets Axel serve her a small glass. Sheriff John Fitzburn accepts a brandy, while thoughtfully scrutinising everyone. When everyone has sat down again, he says slowly. "I am convinced that someone in this room is Isabella von Baum's killer - and I know who it is!"

Do you know who the murderer is?

Let us know on support!

Status
Not open for further replies.