Business...

Would you like to include business in this game? (READ BELOW)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser

Stock market? Did they have that in the wild west?

I like the idea of making more money out of your town, but they should also make it harder to build a town then. More pain for more gain.

Otherwise everyone will build a town and then there'll be no one left to visit towns and spend money.

ok, sorry, stock market is the wrong word, it's just that basic idea, there doesn't actually have to b a wall street or anything, but a central trading body kinda thing.

and yeah, but not necessarily, not make it harder to make a town, but make it harder to set up a working business, it would be hard to supply your shop with everyhting you need without a lot of start up money, making it harder to set up a real business.

this means that businesses are really only for the already rich, hoping to get richer, and everyone else can either travel around, or work for a business, until they get enough money to start their own business

DeletedUser

I have added a poll to this. So let's see if others find this great! :)

DeletedUser

dont make it too much though.. like building ranches/plantations.. cause thats over the top and ruins the game

DeletedUser

no.. building plantations where you want will make it far too easy to gather them.. and gaining $ from them and ranches will make it far too easy to gain income, so then towns build easily and you get good equipment.. then theres the problem that the first person to build a ranch will get so much income from the others that they get a massive advantage

DeletedUser

Can we not have a ranch management job, e.g. like stone mining job.

DeletedUser

It would also be cool if you could rent out a store in your town, or you could open a small stand or some thing and sell items in the bag, and make maybe a bit more money than what you would in just the store. Of course, the stand would have to be maintained and staffed so it would still cost you money so you wouldn't make a huge profit.

Any one thinking of restaurants, to heal health points?

DeletedUser

It would also be cool if you could rent out a store in your town, or you could open a small stand or some thing and sell items in the bag, and make maybe a bit more money than what you would in just the store. Of course, the stand would have to be maintained and staffed so it would still cost you money so you wouldn't make a huge profit.

Any one thinking of restaurants, to heal health points?

check out the thread 'economy'

and yeah, could work, but maybe not called restaurants... maybe steak houses or something, sounds more western

DeletedUser

I think a restaurant is good... Or maybe not a restaurant, but juz a simple food stand... :)

DeletedUser

I don't know about making economy integral to the game, but the Hotel and stores should definitely contribute a percentage of visitors' spending directly to the treasury. I think that uncapping the levels of buildings and adding other intricate capabilities to the town will only make the game more tedious, but some customization would be nice (such as paint for buildings, custom signs like TW's tribe logos, etc.).

When a game affords TOO much capacity for leveling and customization, newer players feel overwhelmed and tend to look at the game as "a grind." Just starting out and seeing a massively over-leveled town full of level 100 players makes little milestones, such as founding a new town, less rewarding in general. Obviously, alienating newer players is not a good business model, so I feel it would be unwise to implement such features.

DeletedUser

There should also be illegal ways to make money, like selling booze or tradeing with guns.

DeletedUser

nah, its not that great of an idea cuz later on u can just take more towns and keep expanding

DeletedUser

I'm going todisagree with the complexity of intra building alterations, but agree that every structure that earns money in the town should have if not all, than at least a small percentage of that mone go into the town treasury as income taxes so the town after a couple of levels can finance it's own growth without continuous contribution from its members.

As or other buildings in town, I'd sugest a livery stables instead of that being included in general store, a schoolhouse, a well.

DeletedUser

...the Hotel and stores should definitely contribute a percentage of visitors' spending directly to the treasury.

WHAT?!?:eek: you mean it doesn't! then WTH is the point? How does a town generate revenue for its own treasury dept:confused: