Blacksmith Petition against the Shop

DeletedUser34271

if they seriously think I will buy that they are wrong it is just another way for people who use nuggets to cheat.

DeletedUser

People who use nuggets are cheaters.....yep, that sounds about right....:rolleyes:

DeletedUser

I agree with all the blacksmiths about the buffs and how its not fair for crafters now because of the new shop

DeletedUser

People who use nuggets are cheaters.....yep, that sounds about right....:rolleyes:
Yeah, I agree. Paying to support a game you love is just plain wrong. Let's not forget those cheaters who make a donation when they enter a museum even if it's not mandatory, or the ones who support PBS.

DeletedUser33639

yes if you think in a way the other blacksmith buffs become useless as all the buffs provided by the blacksmiths are available on the shops, now many may not be buying them , but in coming future everyone will be buying them instead of blacksmiths buffs. So i request something to be done abt this , as the shop's buffs make the blacksmith profession useless now.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I still use bayonets and if I ever start a new FF he will also be a blacksmith. The complaints are ridiculous. Some will always spend real money when it's an option, but that's a small minority. As far as paying bonds for fort buffs goes, it's completely uneconomical. Trading 18-189 bonds for a chance to win 20+ bonds? Rewards have never been my motivation for fort battles, but spending more than you make is illogical and unsustainable. You'll still need bayonets for some battles if you go that route.

DeletedUser

Don't start crying before you are hurt. Where's the evidence that the shop has nerfed blacksmithing? I'm a blacksmith and I haven't noticed any difference at all.

Spaceydk

Don't start crying before you are hurt. Where's the evidence that the shop has nerfed blacksmithing? I'm a blacksmith and I haven't noticed any difference at all.

Maybe not blacksmiths but as a FieldCook my Gentleman Dinners sales have plumeted in the last week after people got enough UPB's to get the same for free in the shop.

Spaceydk

Why should I? before I bought the items on the market for about 3K then sold the dinners for 10K now I just don't rely on that income and its pushing me out of the game, whats left for a level 120 done all quests and constantly changing recipes?

I tried to be positive with 1.35 but it killed crafting and its a fact the least affected craft is Master Saddler but who needs to shorten traviling time.

I think we are seeing a money grab here, any confirmation that the tooth, wheel, chili or blanket is droppable or you just have to buy it?

Changes of recipes, changes of drops and it happens on the down low, no announcement or anything.

DeletedUser3230

Why should I? before I bought the items on the market for about 3K then sold the dinners for 10K now I just don't rely on that income and its pushing me out of the game, whats left for a level 120 done all quests and constantly changing recipes?

I tried to be positive with 1.35 but it killed crafting and its a fact the least affected craft is Master Saddler but who needs to shorten traviling time.

I think we are seeing a money grab here, any confirmation that the tooth, wheel, chili or blanket is droppable or you just have to buy it?

Changes of recipes, changes of drops and it happens on the down low, no announcement or anything.
So you've finished The Myth?

Master Saddler has been hit the longest with the Premium faster travel.

It's already been confirmed they can drop from certain jobs.

DeletedUser

[...] any confirmation that the tooth, wheel, chili or blanket is droppable or you just have to buy it? [...]

Well, this seems to be a moving target, so hard to say, but I've dropped the chili from white water transport on the beta and have friends that have done it too in normal worlds, ofc with things changing this quickly we can never now if they will still be dropable from WWT.

/Edlit

Deleted User - 1802579

Every hotfix it's the same thing, no news post, no update, no announcement, they just change stuff and we have to figure everything out on our own, how many times haven't recipes changed now? And not 1 time we got an update about this. Very bad communication from devs to community if you ask me.

DeletedUser

Maybe not blacksmiths but as a FieldCook my Gentleman Dinners sales have plumeted in the last week after people got enough UPB's to get the same for free in the shop...........

..........before I bought the items on the market for about 3K then sold the dinners for 10K now I just don't rely on that income and its pushing me out of the game, whats left for a level 120 done all quests and constantly changing recipes?
Well, this thread is specifically about the Blacksmith.

But, following you OT for a moment - are you sure that your experience is generally true for other Cooks? Even if so, Field Cooks > lvl 450 must be only about 1% of the community. Is that a significant number? It may mean that 10% of the rest of us are getting a better game as a result of cheaper equivalents in the shop, so even if it's bad for you it could be an overall +. Is 10k overpriced anyway compared to the products of other professions? Or it could just be that you are only losing an unfair advantage without equivalent in other craft lines.
And after all that, is the drop-off definitely a result of the shop? Maybe UPBs are just pulling players in other directions (to be fair, you mention 1.35 as a whole).
Just some of the things people (this isn't directed at you, G'nok) should consider before putting fingers to keyboard - the forums are spammed out with people emoting with very little regard to proven facts.

DeletedUser

Master Saddler has been hit the longest with the Premium faster travel.

Hit? Halve waytime was in game before crafting. As far as the UP shop goes, I don't think ground rocket turtle shell's 1 use compares to a pommel's 25, even if it is much faster.

DeletedUser3230

Hit? Halve waytime was in game before crafting. As far as the UP shop goes, I don't think ground rocket turtle shell's 1 use compares to a pommel's 25, even if it is much faster.
I'm not a Saddler, I'm actually a Blacksmith and I was just pointing out that this thread is kinda pointless, all professions have a premium or UP Shop option so I don't get all the whining going on here

DeletedUser29554

I used to sell 10-15 bayo's a week for $1200 each, now I am lucky if I sell 3. This is wrong dead wrong, it is just another Inno ploy to get your hard earned real coin out of your pockets.

DeletedUser

I think field cooks have been screwed more than blacksmiths, though only for higher skill crafters. I can't imagine anyone pay anywhere close to what they used to for gentleman's dinners with so many LP buffs available, the comparable ones being cheap.

DeletedUser34194

I used to sell 10-15 bayo's a week for $1200 each, now I am lucky if I sell 3. This is wrong dead wrong, it is just another Inno ploy to get your hard earned real coin out of your pockets.

Sooo First you need 1 Iron,1 wood and 1 Coal with market values of roughly $300,$100 and $350 =$750 or say a good hour of labor to find them in order to craft melted Iron

2nd. You need the 1 molten Iron,1 wood,1 hammer and 1 Granite $750,$100,$700,$750=$2300 or at least 2 hours labor in order to craft a knife.

3rd. Now you need the 1 knife,3 cotton and 1 leather.$2300,$200 ea. on cotton,$600=$3500 or another 2 hours.

What it comes down to is assuming you got everything you needed in 15 minute jobs it takes 5 Hours work or $3500 worth of market material(not to mention having to go get everything) to craft 1 bayo.
If you want money,sell the ingredients.PERIOD! The same goes for most other crafted items as well.I can Drill for oil for 5 hours and make $4000! The major complaint here seems to be about how nobody is going to buy my really expensive crafts anymore because of the shop when crafting was never cost effective to begin with!If any change were to be made it should be to increase the drop rate for the most common items needed in crafting,Crafters could then lower their prices to compete with the shop and still realize a profit.

DeletedUser

A possible solution to the complaints: make UPS buffs a different class of buffs, so they stack with the crafted versions. Damage would be higher in fort battles, but it would help counter out of control hp while still being less damage than we did with GG stacking. I bet it would sell a lot more buffs too. For me, I'd rather spend my time farming my own bayonet products than buying them with IG cash or buying UPS buffs with bonds or nuggets, but if they stacked...

Last edited by a moderator: