Bible Prophecies

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

The point of this thread is to show the Bible Divine inspiration, if you believe in God, and that the Bible is his written word, then surely you can believe that God has the ability to keep his word from being forged beyond fixing.

We still have very old manuscripts and copies of books of the Bible, and if don't trust humans bad enough, then learn hebrew and greek, and translate it yourself, and you'll come out with a copy, very much like that of the New World Translation, i am not being arrogant, it is fact.

To make a literal comparison between a human and any other animal is highly insulting. There is not another creature on this Earth with the ability to have abstact thought, sentient abilities, discerning capabilities, and that seek to find joy in life.

An animals whole existance and thoughts go as follows:
Eat, sleep, don't die.
Eat, sleep, don't die
East, sleep, don't die.
That's it.

Humans will think:
I wonder what will happen at work today.
I should invite Jonathan over for dinner.
I wish the Braves would win the World series.
I need a vacation.

Does that not seem amazing? If we evolved from something else, why is there no other animal that can do that?

DeletedUser

I'm really impressed by your ability to read minds, although I don't remember thinking any of those things, and I do believe animals think about more than you give them credit for. I'm sure you're right about the books of the Bible being written at the time the events took place, but I do have one question about that. Was it Adam, Eve or God himself who wrote the first verses in Genesis?

DeletedUser

I'm really impressed by your ability to read minds, although I don't remember thinking any of those things, and I do believe animals think about more than you give them credit for. I'm sure you're right about the books of the Bible being written at the time the events took place, but I do have one question about that. Was it Adam, Eve or God himself who wrote the first verses in Genesis?

Neither of the three. The first four books of the Bible were written by one man. Moses. The man who talked to a flaming bush, parted a sea, and led a bunch of Jews to Israel to commit mass genocide because God said "this is now your land. Kill everybody and leave the stuff cause the stuff is mine."

DeletedUser

That means that it wasn't written at the time that it happened, which is what he's been saying. Considering the number of people who could read and write back then, I'm amazed that all of the main figures in Christianity were so good at it.

DeletedUser

They weren't. This was all translated from the original Hebrew, Greek, or Aramaic. Most of the words in the Bible were adopted from the Greek culture. And many typos have also happened.

For example, the word "Hell" did not come from the Hebrew language. In fact, it derives from the word "hel" from Old Norse.

These people who wrote the Bible, most of them were priests (people who had to know how to write), kings (such as good ol David and Solomon), or royalty in a form (Moses, who wrote the original five books of Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy, was adopted by Egyptian royalty). They weren't in any form the majority. The people who wrote the Bible were members of the upper caste who were fanatics of their religion who did as they wished because they could write anything they wished and do what they wished because they had the power to do so.

DeletedUser

They weren't. This was all translated from the original Hebrew, Greek, or Aramaic. Most of the words in the Bible were adopted from the Greek culture. And many typos have also happened.

For example, the word "Hell" did not come from the Hebrew language. In fact, it derives from the word "hel" from Old Norse.

These people who wrote the Bible, most of them were priests (people who had to know how to write), kings (such as good ol David and Solomon), or royalty in a form (Moses, who wrote the original five books of Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy, was adopted by Egyptian royalty). They weren't in any form the majority. The people who wrote the Bible were members of the upper caste who were fanatics of their religion who did as they wished because they could write anything they wished and do what they wished because they had the power to do so.

It's good to be king.

DeletedUser

Really? Because Paul, a lawyer, wrote fourteen books of the Bible. Matthew wrote one, and he was a tax collector. Peter was a fisherman, and wrote two. Luke was a doctor, and wrote two. Many who helped write much of the Old Testament were only humble prophets.

And the Greek word that was translated "hell", was hade's. And the Hebrew, was "Sheol"

And Artemis, please tell me you didn't take my illustration literally. I was making a point of abstract thought that we have, that animals don't. Yes, granted, animals have other "Thoughts" you could say, you'll see a dog wanting to play or cuddle with its owner, and they have some form of emotions, but not to our extent, it goes without saying, humans are unique, and it is not by chance that we are so.

Another point, the Canaanites were told far in advance that where they were was not their land, and to leave. And not without reason. The canaanites were grossly immoral, sex worshipping, child sacrificing, blood-thirsty animals. If such a people were alive today, the governments of today would have destroyed them.

Also, God warned the Israelites to devote them to destruction, but since they didn't, they did exactly what God told them they would do if they didn't listen to him. They worshipped false Gods and began leading immoral lives. And Dinah was rapped by one of the Canaanites. Do these sound like poor innocent people? Hardly.

For another point, how on Earth could Moses have known how the Earth could have been formed? Although this is the creation standpoint, the way Moses describes how the Earth was formed and in what order, is exactly how it would have had to happen. Yet this was a simple man during simpler times. The Egyptians were intelligent, but they had no idea about those things, yet Moses told it the way it would have had to be. So who told him?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

And Artemis, please tell me you didn't take my illustration literally. I was making a point of abstract thought that we have, that animals don't. Yes, granted, animals have other "Thoughts" you could say, you'll see a dog wanting to play or cuddle with its owner, and they have some form of emotions, but not to our extent, it goes without saying, humans are unique, and it is not by chance that we are so.

Exactly, they have emotion. Just because they can't communicate with us, doesn't mean they don't have emotions similar to our own. Animals can share, they clean each other, they lick wounds to tend to them, protect each other, etc.

Humans aren't all that unique after all, our only advantage in this world is our ability to basically create things. Which animals also do, ever see a chimp, or anything like that make a straw, or use a stick to knock something down?

Animals are similar to humans, just not as advanced; whether you like it or not.

Another point, the Canaanites were told far in advance that where they were was not their land, and to leave. And not without reason. The canaanites were grossly immoral, sex worshipping, child sacrificing, blood-thirsty animals. If such a people were alive today, the governments of today would have destroyed them.

Also, God warned the Israelites to devote them to destruction, but since they didn't, they did exactly what God told them they would do if they didn't listen to him. They worshipped false Gods and began leading immoral lives. And Dinah was rapped by one of the Canaanites. Do these sound like poor innocent people? Hardly.

Genocide is wrong, whether they were innocent or not. I highly doubt these people were wrong at all, considering anyone who opposes your god is automatically labeled as the root of evil. Remember that cool guy Satan, he revolts against god for unknown reasons; gets kicked out of heaven, gets labeled the root of all evil. But compare Satan to your god, who has directly murdered people? Owait, your god. The Bible is the biggest propaganda machine ever, and according to many Christians; a book full of interpretations and metaphors.

Plus, last time I checked; modern governments don't go around prosecuting groups of people for the acts of some, and then killing them all.

DeletedUser

If you feel like a good laugh, this is from the book of Deuteronomy:

So Moses)the servant of the LORD died there in the land of Moab, according to the word of the LORD.
And He buried him in the valley in the land of Moab, opposite Beth-peor; but no man knows his burial place to this day.

Now Moses is supposed to be the author of Deuteronomy, so he's writing about his own funeral as a past event!

And the same people who swallow this whole will tell you that we are God's supreme creation and the most intelligent of species.

DeletedUser

If God told him how the Earth was formed, does it not make sense that he can tell him how he will die?

Next, did you really just compare God to Satan? Well, i am very sorry you have such a distorted view of things. Considering, had it not been for Satan, none of us would die, grow old, get sick, or have any problems whatsoever. If never came along, then we would all be living on a paradise Earth with perfection flowing in our viens, but you seem to willingly subject to Satan? Interesting.

No, you're right, governments probably wouldn't do that, since the government has never kept, true justice. True justice would mean putting a murderer in prison for the rest of his life instead of letting him out and kill more people. But you don't see that in this world.

DeletedUser

a bear looks after its cubs to fulfill its instinct to perpetuate the species and continue its genetics

Ah, we're on the same page at last.

a bear in teh wild will brutaly kill another bear if it suits the bears needs for food and teritory increases the bears chances of perpetuating its individual genetics ( this is a prime example of survival of the fittest)
Yes, yes

IF humans had no moral obligations and simply followed our genetic imperitive men would kidnap as many women as they could and force them to work to produce food while also raping them as much as possible to propetuate his genetics and there would be no laws to stop him since its morality that makes law
I knew it was too good to be true - back to junior genetics again.
(I think there are some feminists who would say what you describe is exactly what happened for thousands of years, or is even still happening in some Muslim countries, but never mind about that)
The trouble with kidnapping and raping women is that some guy (a father, husband, brother...) is quite likely to come along and stick a knife in your guts, thus ending your branch of the family tree there and then. Also, those darling babies you force your captive wives to produce just might end up suffering mysterious accidents while you are out on one of your many raping trips. It doesn't happen not because it's immoral, but because it's a useless,useless strategy for getting yourself an heir.

DeletedUser

If you feel like a good laugh, this is from the book of Deuteronomy:

So Moses)the servant of the LORD died there in the land of Moab, according to the word of the LORD.
And He buried him in the valley in the land of Moab, opposite Beth-peor; but no man knows his burial place to this day.

Now Moses is supposed to be the author of Deuteronomy, so he's writing about his own funeral as a past event!

So you expect him to have written the whole book? Wow how obsurd obviously he didn't write that last part. Its unknown who did but I have heard stuff that Joshua or other people did.

DeletedUser

Evolution, is a different story, since they don't even have answers. Or proof to back them up.
Wow, that is a most incredibly ignorant statement to make there Blondie. Please, please, get an education. Your gross ignorance is painful.

You have no proof, Hellstromm, that what those so-called "Bible Scholars" say is true. ... And most of those things are theories, please, provide proof, and ill believe it, and this prophecy will be thrown out.
"Until relatively recent years Jews and Christians have considered Dn to be true history, containing genuine prophecy. [...] There would be few modern biblical scholars, however, who would now seriously defend such an opinion. The arguments for a date shortly before the death of Antiochus IV Epiphanes in 164 are overwhelming." ~ The New Jerome Biblical Commentary. Prentice Hall. p. 448. ISBN 0138598363

"<the Book of Daniel> is dated by most scholars to the second century B.C., when Judea was once again under attack." ~ http://books.google.com/books?id=FyTeW7vQ8K4C&pg=PA26

"We know quite a lot about how the Book of Daniel came to be written. It was written about 164 B.C., probably by several authors."
~ Norman Cohn,Fellow of the British Academy and Professor Emeritus at Sussex University.

"Most academic scholars who study it believe that it was actually composed about 150 years before the time of Jesus, much later than the Babylonian exile. So the actual setting of the book appears to be the what we call the Maccabees."
~ James Tabor,professor in the Department of Religious Studies at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte.

"Daniel is actually a figure from the Babylonian exile. In fact, he spends his entire life in Babylon. But the Book of Daniel attributed to him is actually written during the Maccabean revolt. Most scholars would say it's written about the year 165 BCE. and it uses the figure of Daniel as a way of reflecting and intensifying the experiences of the Jewish people in the middle of this crisis." ~ L. Michael White, Professor of Classics and Christian Origins at the University of Texas at Austin.

"The most convincing argument for a young date, however, is chapter eleven, in which Daniel has a vision of the Syrian Wars, waged between the Ptolemaic and Seleucid Empires, successors of the empire of Alexander the Great. The prophecy is very accurate: all major conflicts are mentioned, and the Sixth Syrian War is even mentioned in great detail. However, after the author of Daniel has given his description of the desacration of the temple, the persecution of the Jews, and the beginning of the Maccabaean revolt in 166 BCE, his prophecy goes astray: he predicts a new war between the Ptolemies and Seleucids. This never took place; instead, the Seleucids had to fight in the east. It proves that the text was finished after 166." ~ Jona Lendering: author, ancient historian, & teacher at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, site admin for the Livius historical website, and author of Alexander de Grote. - http://www.livius.org/da-dd/daniel/11_comm.html

Etc and so on...

And ive noticed, ive provided links to places where these things are backed up, but you choose to deny them, and accept whatever may seem to go against it, very interesting.
I reviewed your "link" pertaining to the Book of Daniel. It was less than professional, demonstrated a large degree of ignorance, and absolutely no depth of research, nor bibliography/citations.

Btw, I'm surprised you decided to cite that source, considering the author, Larry Wessels, has absolutely nothing nice to say about Jehovah Witnesses and their "false religion."

http://www.biblequery.org/Newsletters/JehovahsWitnessesDeceivedDeceivers.doc
http://www.biblequery.org/OtherBeliefs/JehovahsWitnesses/JWFalseProphecies.htm
http://www.biblequery.org/OtherBeliefs/JehovahsWitnesses/JW.htm

Since you seem to know so much then, my friend, then tell me why Alexander didn't destroy Jerusalem? Just for starters.
Umm, why should he? What purpose does it serve? Oh fine, I'll bother...

You are basing this notion on the historical rewrite, Jewish Antiquities, posed by Flavius Josephus circa 70 a.d., a good 400 years after Alexander's time.

"Most scholars agree that the following story, told by the Jewish historian Flavius Josephus in his Jewish antiquities 11.317-345, is not true."
~ Jona Lenderling - http://www.livius.org/aj-al/alexander/alexander_t35.html

Visit that link. I see no reason to argue this particular point further, as it's a flawed argument for debate.

Both evolution and biblical creation have a wealth of proof in favor of them. they also both have a great deal of holes filled with the unknown and the extreemly unlikely. in the end niether can be proven or disproven. theres plenty of evidence good and bad for both but to make any kind of declarative statement that one of hte other has been either proven or disproven is simple falacy
Umm, no. There is no "proof" whatsoever for biblical creation. None, nada, nipso. And also no. Evolution has already been proven as factual, with some elements as theory but still evidentially heavy. The fallacy is on your end, due to your lack of education on this particular issue, and thus participating in a debate from a podium of ignorance.

Yes, always a mean thing to say, but I'm being factual. ;)

IF one chooses to beleve random evolution then there realy is no need for any moral structure as its survival of the fittest and those that can should take whatever they want whenever tehy want however they want
I think Eli has effectively clarified the error in your understanding of evolution as "random," as it is clearly not random. Regardless, that comment, as well as previous comments you presented, demonstrates your ignorance on evolution and possibly any other science. Your interpretation of "survival of the fittest" is not only excruciatingly narrow, but quite boldly incorrect.

We still have very old manuscripts and copies of books of the Bible, and if don't trust humans bad enough, then learn hebrew and greek, and translate it yourself, and you'll come out with a copy, very much like that of the New World Translation, i am not being arrogant, it is fact.
Well, you're wrong, as you usually are. First off, it has already been demonstrated by many scholars that the New World Translation is intentionally inaccurate. Second, even with a translation, it's still humans who wrote it in the original Greek, Hebrew and Aramaic texts. Third, the Dead Sea Scrolls demonstrate the distortions that have occurred over time, thereby further posing question to human intercession.

To make a literal comparison between a human and any other animal is highly insulting. There is not another creature on this Earth with the ability to have abstact thought, sentient abilities, discerning capabilities, and that seek to find joy in life.
My cat would, quite effectively, dispute that argument.

DeletedUser

Next, did you really just compare God to Satan? Well, i am very sorry you have such a distorted view of things. Considering, had it not been for Satan, none of us would die, grow old, get sick, or have any problems whatsoever. If never came along, then we would all be living on a paradise Earth with perfection flowing in our viens, but you seem to willingly subject to Satan? Interesting.

http://daltonator.net/durandal/religion/satan.shtml

Read.
I love Satan! He just seems like a perfectly rational guy revolting against a god who has hissy fits.

No, you're right, governments probably wouldn't do that, since the government has never kept, true justice. True justice would mean putting a murderer in prison for the rest of his life instead of letting him out and kill more people. But you don't see that in this world.

So we're in agreement? God's punishment of genocide wasn't true justice.
He was wrong in killing off a whole town just for the sins of some.

In addition, I'm pretty sure less than 5% of Murderers are released on parole. Whether they go out and commit more crimes is another question, but it seems like justice is being served.

DeletedUser

That "God who has hissy fits" wants you to have everlasting life in Paradise, but if that's how you feel then fine. Not to mention Satan is the reason for every single death in history, he will be responsible for yours, and everyone else's if God didn't step in, which he will. And you really believe there is true justice in this world, i am very sorry to see how good you have been brainwashed by this world, my friend, i hope you will see the light some day.

Hell, i have yet to see you post some actual evidence that evolution is fact. All ive seen you do is say "It's fact" "It's fact", ive never heard of any proof, and I mean genuine proof, not speculation and a chip off a chimpanzee bone.

And such dead sea scrolls are very old and still have prophecy within them that take place after they were found. It seems human tampering can only go so far, can it not?

Alexander would destroy most cities he came to conquer, obviously, since people would fight back. But when the Israelites showed him the book of Daniel and told him that he was the Greek King mentioned there, he was so pleased he didn't destroy the city, even further, it was prophesied that Babylon would not be rebuilt, and Alexander died before he could have it rebuilt, and Babylon has yet to be rebuilt, also another prophecy still being fullfilled, someone please go and try and rebuild Babylon, and you won't get far.

Again, the links you provided are on speculation and could have been done by anyone, since wikipedia is written by anyone who wants to if it doesn't say something downright idiotic.

And even if someone doesn't like me or my faith, if their right about something scriptural, then i won't mind what they say about me.

I am begging you, Hell, provide real evidence of evolution, i haven't seen any yet.

Actually, at the very least, show me what the evidence that they discovered most recently.

DeletedUser8950

I made a new thread regarding the Satan vs God issue, discuss it there.

/Dn5, mod duties.

On topic, wikipedia is very accurate in most cases, and the sources are there to be followed. Quit bashing wikipedia.
And Blondie, there is real evidence for evolution, you just refuse to acknowledge it! It takes place ovver millions of years, how are you going to firsthand see somethign evolve?

DeletedUser

Ah, we're on the same page at last.

Yes, yes

I knew it was too good to be true - back to junior genetics again.
(I think there are some feminists who would say what you describe is exactly what happened for thousands of years, or is even still happening in some Muslim countries, but never mind about that)
The trouble with kidnapping and raping women is that some guy (a father, husband, brother...) is quite likely to come along and stick a knife in your guts, thus ending your branch of the family tree there and then. Also, those darling babies you force your captive wives to produce just might end up suffering mysterious accidents while you are out on one of your many raping trips. It doesn't happen not because it's immoral, but because it's a useless,useless strategy for getting yourself an heir.

heres where your wrong

IF we had no morality a father or brother would have no need or desire to come after you since there is no genetic imperitive for them to chase after someone they cant have proper offspring with obviously a man would come after someone for taking his woman but wouldnt care about someone taking his mother or sister

without morality women would be defined by there genetic dispostion to multiply and therefore would be protective of there young reguardless of how those young were produced

the mass majority of animals int eh wild do jsut that

DeletedUser

If evolution continues to take place, as the theory claims would have to, then why can we find no living missing link? There exists no "middle species" all of the species existing are in the full form they need to be, and there is no lower species of any type. If we came from monkeys, then, since there are still monkeys, there should logically be the creature between monkeys and humans alive today. The neanderthals

DeletedUser

Umm, no. There is no "proof" whatsoever for biblical creation. None, nada, nipso. And also no. Evolution has already been proven as factual, with some elements as theory but still evidentially heavy. The fallacy is on your end, due to your lack of education on this particular issue, and thus participating in a debate from a podium of ignorance.

Yes, always a mean thing to say, but I'm being factual. ;)

I think Eli has effectively clarified the error in your understanding of evolution as "random," as it is clearly not random. Regardless, that comment, as well as previous comments you presented, demonstrates your ignorance on evolution and possibly any other science. Your interpretation of "survival of the fittest" is not only excruciatingly narrow, but quite boldly incorrect.

there are MANY facts that can be used as proof of biblical creation but since im not a biblical scholar ill leave that to someone else to detail for you

and some clarification for you MICRO evolution is a proven fact EVERYTHING makes minor adaptations and changes to adapt to better survive in its environment however MACRO evolution has almsot NO scientific backing and a great surplus of facts and information that makes MACRO evolution nearly impossible ( not completely but the odds are so overwhemlingly long that its accualy considered scientificaly impossible )

and fyi eli didnt clarify anything he simply made a counter argument that wasnt that effective

Status
Not open for further replies.