Bible Prophecies

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

guess i did read that wrong so ignore that line

as for the rebutal oh look i can do a simple google searcha nd find a buncha articles supporting my side too HURRAY /sarcarm off

http://www.forerunner.com/forerunner/X0737_Macro_vs._Micro_Evol.html

http://www.mattox.com/genome/micro-macro.html

http://www.trueauthority.com/cvse/micromacro.htm

http://www.exchangedlife.com/Creation/macro-evol.shtml

the simple fact is the data is the same its only how each side views teh data that is differnt

the simply fact is that there is NO provable record of ANY animal EVER in history having an intermediary

its not jstu about humans and there predisecors its about EVERY animal in history if evolution was all a ton of animals constatly making small changes all over the place to make a ton of new animals the fossil record would be littered with intermediaries on ALL levels and yet its not
I followed some of your links, and the more informed seem to agree with the T.of.E in the main, but point to it incompleteness to insert their favoured creationist interpretations (the 'God of the gaps').
It's well accepted in science that the T.of.E. is not yet fully developed. The origin of life itself, the division into kingdoms and phyla are all as yet not understood. Speciation is contentious, but the evidence is mounting that the T.of.E. does account for that. If you are at all familiar with the science I will not have to remind you of Stephen J Gould and the theory of punctuated equilibrium.
The fossil record is so incomplete it's like trying to reconstruct a film from the odd fragments of occasional frames, so there are bound to be grey areas. The great thing about science is that it keeps looking for new data to fill in our knowledge. Unlike religion.

No one knows yet if the dinosaurs were warm- or cold-blooded, but I believe that one day science will tell us, whereas the Bible never would. Even in my own lifetime I have seen the frontiers of knowledge in evolution expand and it's exciting to think that more surprises are just around the corner. I feel genuinely sorry for those who are looking back at 2,000 year old explanations believing that nothing has changed since they were written.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

you say unlliek religion but many religions in now way compete with science and infact are very inline and agreement with science on most things

they only differn int eh unkowns

as for the fossil record yes of course there are gaps but for the Micro IS macro theory to be true there woulld have to be hundreds of millions if not BILLIONS of intermendiary forms yet NONE are found int eh fossil record its completely absent

so they only way macro would be even remotely possibly is complete spontantious evolutionary jumps which scientificly is tenuous at best and could only be explained by the intervention of some other force , weather that be some form of god or even an outside sentient race who knows

DeletedUser1121

I am not going into the evolution discussion since that is a whole other thing than prophecies..

Blondie, i can't figure out what you mean with the following:

And in revelation, 3 and a half times is 1260 days

I can't find anything about the 3 1/2 you mention.
Where does it come from and what does it add to the prophecy?

edit: another question about the prophecy:

Well, since King Nebuchadnezzar's time started when he left the throne, so it would be for the throne under God. And the last King appointed by was a Judean King, and when Jerusalem was destroyed in 607 B.C., the clock started. The end of those 2520 would land in the autumn of 1914.

just did some math: 1914 - 2520 = -606. And not, like you say -607
-607 + 2520 = 1913

Am i mistaken? or did someone didn't take math at school?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Yes, I mentioned in another post that remember, there is no "0" BC/AD It goes from 1 BC to 1AD so if you add one that you counted with the zero, you get to 607 and 1914.

And it's in Revelation 11, It talks about two witnesses, and they prophesy 1260 days, and later on in the chapter it mentions their resurrection after three and a half times.
In the King James I think it says "days", but as mentioned earlier, days are sometimes prophetically refered to as years, and years prophetically as "times"
It adds to the prophecy by helping us to understand how long a "time" is.

3.5 x 360 =1260

DeletedUser

It's because hell, all of your information is bias and on-sided, not from independent resources.
Oh come off it, they're from very well respected historical and theological experts. Just because you don't like the fact they prove you don't know what you're talking about does not make them biased, it just makes you ignorant of what you purport to know (which I've repeatedly demonstrated in these forums since you first waltzed in here to thump your version of the Bible).

yeah i gotta say you constaly post from blatantly biased scources of athiest scientitsts trying to prove there belief true but then bash any scource that has a creationist perspective as biased
Hehe, I love it when people grab their foot and insert it deep, deep, deep, into their mouth. Don't confuse biased with educated.

Shall I? Oh fine, why not. Here's just some of the people on the research work I linked:
Dr. Douglas L. Theobald
Assistant Professor of Biochemistry
Brandeis University (non-sectarian Jewish-Sponsored university)
University of Colorado at Boulder, Ph.D.
University of Tennessee, B.S.
Camille and Henry Dreyfus New Faculty Award (2007)
American Cancer Society Postdoctoral Fellow (2004)

Dr. Joseph Boxhorn
Senior Environmental Planner
Southeastern Wisconsin Regional Planning Commission
Instructor in Biology, Botany, and Environmental Science at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater, and the Milwaukee Institute of Art and Design.
Ph.D., University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Aquatic Ecology
B.S., Michigan State University, Biology & Science Education

Dr. William R. Rice
Professor
University of California, Santa Barbara
Oregon State University, Ph.D., Zoology
Ohio State University, M.S., Zoology
Cleveland State University, B.S., Biology
Click here to view his extensive vitae

Dr. Ellen E. Hostert
Associate Professor of Biology
University of Maine at Machias
Ph.D., University of California at Santa Cruz
M.A., University of Northern Iowa
B.A., Cornell College
Etc, etc and so on. Every person listed, in the various links I earlier provided, has an extensive background in the sciences, irrespective of their religious affiliations. A few even have Presidential awards and/or Nobels. To call them biased, is, well, just ridiculous.

In rebuttal, the best you could provide was one link agreeing with what I've argued and some refuting blogs from:
Eddie Snipes
Supervisor
Sprint Telecommunications
Hobbyist writer
(no degree), high school diploma

Jay Rogers
Internet Evangelist
(no degree), Attended University of Massachusetts Amherst, English/Psychology

Josef T. Long
Blogger
trueauthority.com
(no degree)

As to Blondie, the best he could provide was a blog from:
Larry Wessels
Real Estate Agent
Spencer Properties
B.S., University of Texas at Austin, Advertising
So please, don't waste this community's time.

DeletedUser

Sure, but anything I link to is false, go ahead. There is no point in argueing with you, even if I gave the long answer I have, doing so would just fill this page with pointless bable, which id like to keep out of here.

DeletedUser

Sure, but anything I link to is false, go ahead. There is no point in argueing with you, even if I gave the long answer I have, doing so would just fill this page with pointless bable, which id like to keep out of here.

Haha :nowink:
As long as you're citing is backed by respectable people, then sure. Considering most of you're references are to the Bible, I guess that the answer is a big no.

DeletedUser

What are you even doing here? I think i've seen 18 of the 20 posts you've made and i haven't seen an intelligent thing said from you yet. All you say is, "What he said!" or, "You're dumb"

If you have nothing intelligent to contribute to the conversation, please leave it alone.

DeletedUser

No point? Of course not... not if you're going to come to the table demanding "proof" and then when someone (in this case, me) provides that proof, your rebuttal is, "no point in arguing with you."

Face it kid, you have no idea what you're talking about and are just obediently, unquestioningly, reciting what you've been taught in JW sunday school. You earlier talked about sentience, the ability to think... well geez, why don't you try it sometime? Stop setting yourself up to be a reservoir for fundamentalist propaganda.

DeletedUser

Blondie, this is a question for you, would it be possible for me to be a prophet?

DeletedUser

What are you even doing here? I think i've seen 18 of the 20 posts you've made and i haven't seen an intelligent thing said from you yet. All you say is, "What he said!" or, "You're dumb"

If you have nothing intelligent to contribute to the conversation, please leave it alone.

Me?
I came before you, one.
Two, I'm contributing more than just agreeing with people and insulting people.
Three, clearly I'm saying intelligent things; otherwise you wouldn't respond to most of my posts..

Status
Not open for further replies.