Best Fort Gun for stat njubs

DeletedUser14006

Okay, since restarting for the 87th time on this game I have built up my dueler class toon to level 120 and am now all about fort fighting, albeit on a world where fort fights are pretty damn lame.

Anyway, enough of that and onto the point of this question.

In the experience of many of the top damage hitting dueler class players out there, which do you consider to be the best combination for attaining the best damage in an average fort battle:

A) Golden Gun + Golden Counterpart

or

B) Natty Bumppo's Gun + Natty Bumppo's Counterpart

On paper it would have to be option B, but after testing this for just a few battles I seem to be hitting less bringing my overall damage down, obviously this cannot be tested over just a few battles and it may just be luck affecting it.

So I turn to those who have been looking into this for some time, help me reach a decision that does not involve me having to put my time and effort into it :)

Ripwise

Golden gun + counterpart. I wont post build here but you know where you can ask me. BTw: my advent on w12 used to make 10-12k dmg per FF ;)

DeletedUser34315

Well, here's how i look at it.
Natty's :
330 damage, 60 chance to hit. (Not my exact fort battling numbers, but close enough simulate this).
Golden:
305, 63 (because golden is +3 to attack) chance to hit.

Golden:
305(avg. damage with set bonus)*.63(hit chance)*5000(5000 shots fired)=960,750 total damage.

Natty Bumppos:
330(avg. damage with set bonus)*.6(hit chance)*5000(5000 shots fired)=1,050,000 total damage.

Also, we can look at it this way:
+3 attack gives us a ~3% increase(a player in their class tower gets ~100 attack) in attack chances.
Golden gun:
305*1.03(3% more hit chances than nattys)*100=31,415

Natty's
330*100=33,000

Natty's comes out ahead, as far as i can tell.
I used the golden set for several months before the tombola, and I've had far more damage with nattys set recently than i ever did with the golden set.

Ripwise

I doubt Natty gun is better then GG. I tried both and GG worked better. It all depends on a build rather then what gun you are wearing.

DeletedUser20647

60 chance to hit. (Not my exact fort battling numbers, but close enough simulate this).
Because this is an important stat, you might find the Golden Gun better in attacks and the NB better in defense. The +5 is a bigger part of your stats during an attack than it is during a defense (well, usually.. towers and such, you know)

DeletedUser

Build (small difference, but it's still there), luck, FF skill (understanding LOS, knowing how, when, and where to move and picking the best targets).