"Best" fort fighter formula

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser26820

I'm looking for a formula that will score players in a competition as a "better" fort fighter.
I'm trying to keep it level and class neutral as much as possible so that a level 50 can compete with a level 120 and a worker can compete with a dueler and soldier.

We already know what goes into a "good" fort fighter, so we can bypass that conversation.

So far, I've got an aim/accuracy number/percentage:
(((Hit Count / (Hit Count + Missed Shots)) * 100)
Hit 75% of your shots, get 75 points...

As well as a dodge number/percentage:
(((Dodged Shots / (Dodged Shots + Hits Taken)) * 100)
Dodge 50% of your shots, get 50 points...

How can I incorporate damage taken and damage inflicted relative to the 2 numbers above without them over-favoring class. Additionally, does a "better" fort fighter take more shots (i.e. keeps his gun in the battle) and/or get shot at more (i.e. tanks and takes hits for the team)? If so, how do I incorporate that into the "formula".

I'm not going to consider passed out opponents as they're luck, and rounds on the flag could be contrary to orders.

I'm hoping we have an actuary in the house :)

DeletedUser

Overall performance has to be taken into account too. If you're defending, die in the first round, and hit your one shot, you have 100% accuracy.

DeletedUser

Overall performance has to be taken into account too. If you're defending, die in the first round, and hit your one shot, you have 100% accuracy.

It can be a multiplicative factor based around 1? So given there's (I'm making the math easy here) about 50 rounds to a battle, say you get *1.5 for getting to round 50, and *.5 for dying in round 1? Meaning a death before round 25 effectively penalizes you, but afterwards tallies into a bonus...

WanderingStranger

And how do you account for players who sacrifice. The advent who jumps outside to block and has no bonus or the soldier who dies on point because of 4 crits in 1 round.

What about all of the defenders who get to use their tower bonus. WT and DT get their bonus used a lot more than AT and ST because most attacks start east.

Do you just count attacks since tower bonuses could influence it? Or just medium defenses since small and large are different?

It is just too subjective. I know people who have hid inside and kept attacks from rushing just by being there. They have had few hits and few dodges but by being there and following orders they could have saved the fort.

I wish you luck finding one but I know a lot of great players who wouldnt rank very high if someone tried to use a formula to find the best.

DeletedUser26820

Thanks for the input, Elmyr, Supraxus, and WS.

Agreed that overall performance should be taken into account. Challenge is incorporating that into a formula from a battle report.
A weighted multiplier for rounds alive in the battle is an interesting idea, but rounds alive cannot be determined from a battle report. Would it favor offliners that don't set target or onliners that hide?
Indeed, a formula or calculation from battle report stats is subjective. A "competition" over 2 or 4 weeks would lessen or negate tower bonuses, size of forts, attacks relative to defenses, flag holders, etc.
If the formula was easy, we'd have it already :)

Ripwise

I can say only one thing without going into technicality or formulas; More HP, longer you are alive, more chance to score/dodge a hit thus being HP wins every time.

DeletedUser22685

Not always, plenty of players with low HP are good at staying alive by hiding behind those with high HP.

DeletedUser

If this is across worlds then you need to put something in there about what percent of the worlds battles that person goes to other wise the worlds that 2-3 battles a day will kill the ones that don't.

Also I don't know if its track able but fighters that use a buff could get a few bonus points in there scoring since that shows there putting more effort into getting ready for the battles.

DeletedUser26820

This is not across worlds.
This is an in-world (Briscoe), in-Alliance (A14) thought of a competition.
This is simply me against you in Briscoe, MsBath.
Give us 2 weeks of forts fights, minimum of 75% attendance.
How would you want to be compared against me, straight up, based on westforts reports?

DeletedUser

The best fort fighter in Briscoe? Is that like the best bob sledder in Jamaica?

DeletedUser26820

The best fort fighter in Briscoe? Is that like the best bob sledder in Jamaica?

No, sir, they're different. "Better" as a relative term when comparing two things. A friendly competition to spice things up a bit. Leave it to the haters to smack down something they see they as beneath them, and degrade a man for going to the Olympics. How many Olympics have you competed in, Elmyr? But I appreciate the input.... I'll try to incorporate the bobsledding aspect of fort fights into my formula/calculation :)

DeletedUser26820

Yep, futu, guess that joke went way over my head...

Why don't you or Elmyr give us another joke about the Norwegian camel riding team or the Mexican basketball team as it relates to the attempt to come up with a formula/calculation for a friendly, one world, intra-Alliance competition.

I can't wait to hear it....

Status
Not open for further replies.