Being a Dueler What character should I choose at level 10

• Thread starter DeletedUser8312
  • Start date

DeletedUser8312

Im just curious, if I choose the path of a dueler, which I have.

When I reach level 10 what profession should I go with?

DeletedUser

It all depends on what you REALLY want to do. Do you want to spend your time dueling or do you want to do jobs and duel here and there?

The reason I ask is that I am an adventurer in W2 and a dueler in W5. My record and experience in W2 is SO much better than W5. I realize that W5 is still new and that I have been on W2 since the day it was released, but your dueling experience isn't really affected by either class.

In short, check the bonuses you get for each class then decide for yourself. I find the adventurer class to be the most beneficial for what I want to do. Also, if you want to be the best dueler on W5, you better be sure ALL of your skills and attributes are on the dueling skills exclusively.

DeletedUser8312

Yes, I'd like to do the dueling thing as I find it to be more entertaining than working :)

DeletedUser

Being a dualist means taking the hard road. Stand in line at the social services because the jobs you can do are paying breadcrumbs and your targets will only be carrying creditcards around... The experience you gain is horrid compared to the nearly certain pain that will be inflicted upon you making it a low xp, high danger percentage job, with the added risk of performing for real humans which will, no matter what you do, find a way to suprise you and turn you grey early. As a dualist you can expected to be laughed at by soldiers that will kick you around whenever you dare attack them and you will be laughed at by adventurers because they earn the real money and buy so many great items it's like charging a tank on an inflatable crocodile, dodging nukes while shooting peanuts... If this hasn't scared you off, you can expect telegrams of angry builders which will be the only ones not laughing at you but cussing and cursing at you for having the nerve to attack them after which they will complain loudly about it to anyone that will listen... and anyone that won't... oh... and still make tons of cash while doing it.

Still interested? Good! You've got the intelligence of a real dualist! Welcome to the team! We like pain, we like shooting peanuts, we like our inflatable crocks and hell yes, we like ... urh... yeah... stuff... Woohaa! :wackog:

DeletedUser

I disagree..

You can choose any jobs you want, with any build you could imagine
All is fine and easy if it suit your playing style

why did you said that soldier better than dueler?
tactics bonus?
my dueler didn't spend single skill on tactics or appearance
I spend on dodge instead
(if you have 6 skill to spend, 6 dodge is better than 3 appearance + 3 tactics)
health?
raising dodge is better than health I think
advanced weapon?
yea, this one is an absolute advantage!

DeletedUser

Being a dualist means taking the hard road. Stand in line at the social services because the jobs you can do are paying breadcrumbs and your targets will only be carrying creditcards around... The experience you gain is horrid compared to the nearly certain pain that will be inflicted upon you making it a low xp, high danger percentage job, with the added risk of performing for real humans which will, no matter what you do, find a way to suprise you and turn you grey early. As a dualist you can expected to be laughed at by soldiers that will kick you around whenever you dare attack them and you will be laughed at by adventurers because they earn the real money and buy so many great items it's like charging a tank on an inflatable crocodile, dodging nukes while shooting peanuts... If this hasn't scared you off, you can expect telegrams of angry builders which will be the only ones not laughing at you but cussing and cursing at you for having the nerve to attack them after which they will complain loudly about it to anyone that will listen... and anyone that won't... oh... and still make tons of cash while doing it.

Still interested? Good! You've got the intelligence of a real dualist! Welcome to the team! We like pain, we like shooting peanuts, we like our inflatable crocks and hell yes, we like ... urh... yeah... stuff... Woohaa! :wackog:

Funniest post I've ever seen, and I agree with all that :coolb:

DeletedUser1105

Even though I am relatively new to being a dueller, I can't disagree with any of that either mole man.

DeletedUser

Dueling isn't that hard!:laugh:Yeah adventurers can buy better gears but even then you can beat them if you work on your skills correctly.

Diggo11

Well I'm an adventurer so I'll put in my two cents.

It really depends what tactics and lifestyle you prefer. For example Soldiers are generally defenders who protect town workers. Revenge and catching out duellers who are to stupid to observe the character class are the main things. They have advanced weapon capabilities but are the poorest type of dueller. Duellers are generally the offensive type. The motivation raises faster, and with increased speed between towns they live up to their name. Also the extra cash helps alot. Finally the Adventurer, the hybrid type. They have free hotels for cheap camping. They work for cash to buy shiny weapons, then duel to gain XP. Best of both worlds if you ask me.

DeletedUser

I always Found the soldier to be the best, especially with the Character bonus Premium.

i had a Precise Muzzleloader on W2 at level 23 when u lost all had to wait till lvl 28? :p

DeletedUser

I would suggest you choose either a mele class dueler...... or choose an adventurer........ mele class gets tactics bonus doesn't matter if you use a gun with him either.....

but the adventurer is your best option due to class bonuses free hotel @ level 2 or level 4 depending on your premium.. that means you can go visit further away towns... especially in areas that are MANY hours from yours where you can find better towns to gain cash in.

as a dueler you have a very tough road to hoe.. you will not see any real luck jobs before about level 30+ and exp/cash jobs.. HAHA.. they come but expect level 25++ before you see em..

Most towns have begun to realize that duelists dont donate squat and deal with it so your gonna be last on the invite list

DeletedUser

Most towns have begun to realize that duelists dont donate squat and deal with it so your gonna be last on the invite list

If you don't invite duelists I fear for your towns people, when enemey duelers come to town and are free to duel all that they can, who will you send to KO them, to keep them away? Your builders?

DeletedUser

I disagree..

You can choose any jobs you want, with any build you could imagine
All is fine and easy if it suit your playing style

why did you said that soldier better than dueler?
tactics bonus?
my dueler didn't spend single skill on tactics or appearance
I spend on dodge instead
(if you have 6 skill to spend, 6 dodge is better than 3 appearance + 3 tactics)
health?
raising dodge is better than health I think
advanced weapon?
yea, this one is an absolute advantage!
You know, Soldiers can also put skill points on Dodging. It isn't unique to duelers.

If you don't invite duelists I fear for your towns people, when enemey duelers come to town and are free to duel all that they can, who will you send to KO them, to keep them away? Your builders?
Your soldiers, and also your adventurers who have used their cash to buy the best items.

DeletedUser

lol Im still a greenhorne and like the idea of being a dueler or soldier. From what I can see the bonuses for soldier look to be better with guns advantage and tactics? Obviously it would be easier money and xp wise to be a worker or adventurer but I like the idea of being a gunslinger... Suggestions?