Rejected Bank Robbery In the City

Would you like this idea to be implimented?

• Yes

Votes: 47 67.1%
  • No

Votes: 23 32.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser22493

Link to original thread can be found <HERE>.

- There will be a two week period available to vote. (May be extended if needed.)

- If the idea wins 80% of the vote, it is sent to the developers who will respond with feedback and the idea will be linked in the ideas passed to developers. If it loses the vote by not attaining more than 79%, it will be moved to the archives. The idea will then be placed on the list of items to not post again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really think that the idea is ready for voting.
We can argue for years about the details, but the basic idea of this will not change. Later we can add various options and other ideas to the basic idea, but now we must make the first move.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many thanks to Gandalf Greyhame for the translation.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello! Sorry for my English. I am Russian and translate text using an automatic translator.

Quite some time ago, on the Russian forum, I suggested this idea. ( http://forum.the-west.ru/showthread.php?t=16509 ).
85% of the players voted for it.

But it seems that, unfortunately, the developers ("Innogames") have not seen my idea. I am hoping that this forum will give me greater access to information and input from the players. So:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal.
This would create a flash based “mini game” within The West itself. Team play is similar to the battle for the fort, with the ability to rob the Treasury of any city.

I prepared the idea of robbing a bank in the style of the wild west and the maximum of realism. I feel that Bank robbery would most certainly raise interest in the game. The gameplay is great, I promise.

Visual Aids.
b97c5aea4a52.jpg

- The bank is on the right. The Bank has five openings (windows / doors), a hall and a room with the safe (gray).
- I did not draw a sectors of movement.

Details

Laie_29.gif
The player (or group of players) comes to the town and says: [DO NOT MOVE! This is a robbery!]
The attackers (red) are in the red zone.
Limit: 30 players.
The raiders will spend their energy, health and special motivation.

hunter.gif
Defenders. Players (blue) are located on the roofs in a randomized manner. The characters sleeping in the hotel are involved off-line. Players who are online, and click “yes” when asked if they want to defend the town, will participate in the defense. To do this, you have to be in the game and see a report warning of a raid on the bank. All of the Defenders, at the end of the battle, do not lose any health.
Limit: unlimited players.

cwan.gif
. The Bank has NPC-guards (yellow) that shoot out of windows and doors.
- Quantity: depending on the level of the bank. The bank at 10 level has 10 NPC-guards (in the picture eight NPC-guards, as the Bank is a level 8).

- NPC-guards health = robbers health. For example:
Robbers: 12 players. The total number of hit points = 12,000.
NPC-guards: 5 guards X 2400 health points (Total 12000).

- For an additional fee you can increase the combat skill of the NPC-guards (more health, damage, accuracy). For example, $ 300 a week.

The duration of the fight.
About half an hour, along with registration. Rounds are short, to simulate a fast paced robbery.

dynamite.png
The task of the attackers:
One player must make it to the gray room, and “place dynamite” to blow up the bank’s safe. The player must have dynamite in his inventory. The player who laid the dynamite MUST go back into the red zone. Once he has reached the red zone, then the robbery is successful.
Attention! If any of the town members are in the grey room of the bank, then the robber cannot blow up the safe! However, if only NPC guards are in that room, then the explosion will go off.

The right of the first shot during the round.
The right of the first shot at the robbers. In the "Mode of attention" or "Alarm mode", the right of the first shot belongs to the defenders.

Cost:
Let the leader of the gang pays for the robbery. For example, the leader pays $ 1,000 in cash into the treasury of the city that they want to loot. And by the way, this amount will keep the small town of robbery. If at the time of a robbery at the bank of $ 300, this sum is returned even if the robbery is successful, but $ 700 is lost.
If the bank a lot of money ($ 2 million), the ringleader of the gang have to pay for the organization of robbing $ 20,000 in cash. If the robbery is successful, the ringleader of the gang returns his money back.

To register, all participants in a robbery is required about 10 minutes. Advance warning about a bank robbery - this is nonsense. Robbery must be sudden!
* It is possible (as in the battle for the fort) for any player who is in the town at this moment, to participate in the attack or defense of the town, even if not a member of the attacking or defending towns.
----------
* Residents of the city can join the battle at any time.

Intention of the robbers:
- To take the Money that is in the Treasury of the city. (!) Personal accounts of the characters cannot be despoiled!

Profit:
In the case of a successful robbery, the money taken will be equally divided.

I can suggest five possibilities:
A) The robbers take all the money from the treasury. (=100%)
B) The robbers take away one third of the available money from the treasury. (=33%)
C) The robbers take all the money from the Treasury that exceed the established limit. The limit depends on the number of residents and the level of the bank. (= 100% - X)
D) The robbers take a fixed income from the Treasury. (= Treasury - limit)
E) The robbers take a fixed income, but not from the Treasury. (=Wages)

I do not like options D) and E), but maybe you will like them.

Safes in the bank.
Money in the bank can be distributed in several safes. The cost of each safe is twice as expensive as the previous one. Thus, any city can afford at least three safe deposit box to protect its Treasury.
Safe (Level 1). = $ 0 (in the bank $ 100,000),
Safe (Level 2). = $ 10.000 (2 x $ 50,000),
Safe (Level 3). = $ 20.000 $ (3 x $ 33,333),
Safe (Level 4). = $ 40.000 $ (4 x $ 25,000),
etc.
If the attackers want to rob all of the money ($ 100,000) they need to use dynamite on the four safes (4 x $ 25,000), thus taking 4 dynamites, and 4 players.

Arming:
A) If the injury is considered a simple hit (see "Wounds", option "B"), then the armed guard is not important. Count only the hits.
B) The NPC-guards are armed a little better than robbers. For example:
---------------
Robbers:
The first robber is level 38, has 600 health points, and has a rifle.
The second robber has 30 levels, has 500 health points, and has a harquebus.
NPC-guard:
has 1100 (500+600) health points, and has a Precise rifle (38 level).
----------------

Skills:
For the robbery, I feel that other skills than those used in fort battles or dueling should be the primary skills. Something new.
Skills should be simple.
For example, aiming, dodging, fine motor skills, horseback riding, Animal instinct.
skillicon_aim.png
skillicon_dodge.png
skillicon_finger_dexterity.png
skillicon_ride.png
skillicon_animal.png

t2504.gif
Wounds.
I can suggest two possibilities:
A) the process of getting injured is the same as in the Battle of Fort.
B) I propose a different system of injuries in a bank robbery. Make a fixed number of injuries for all participants of the robbery. For example, three to five. The character will be killed, if he gets wounded(shot) three to five times, no matter how much health points he has. I suggest two options:
------
B-1) The player with fewer than 500 health points may endure only one hit.
The player with the 500-1000 health points may endure two hits.
The player with the 1000-2000 health points may endure three hits.
The player with the 2000-4000 health points may endure four hits.
The player with more than 4000 health points may endure five hits.
------
B-2) The player with 100% of health points may endure five hits (80% - 4; 60% - 3; 40% - 2; 20% - 1).

Motivation:
-33% for robbery, +5% per day. If the motivation is low, the robber is weak. Motivation affects the skills that particularly affect the accuracy of shooting (see "Wounds", option "B")

Protecting the city from another attack.
- The robbed city, whether the robbery was successful or not, is safe from attack for a few days.

Mode of attention and Alarm mode.
Mode of attention to the NPC-guards of the bank. It works 12 hours. Activate can town's founder or town's councillor. Cost = $ 50. During this period, rising slightly skills NPC-guards. The right to receive the first shot the defenders.

Alarm mode for the bank's security NPC-guards and residents. It works for 2 hours. Activate can any resident of the city. Cost = $ 500. During this period, greatly increase the skills of NPC-guards and residents. The right to receive the first shot the defenders. The money in the Treasury under the special protection - they are not available for robbers.

:ph34r: Scouting:
There is an opportunity to scout the situation in the city. For each $ 100 you can get an answer:
a) how many NPC-guards does the town have?
b) degree of combat readiness of the NPC-guards? How much wounds will it take to kill them? What sort of weapons do they have?
c) how much money in the bank,
d) how many safes are in the bank,
e) how many people are now in the city? How much wounds will it take to kill them? What sort of weapons do they have?

cwan.gif
The cost of NPC-security guards.
It is necessary to set a limit of money in the treasury. If the amount of money does not exceed the limit, then the bank has free NPC-guards. If the amount of money exceeds the limit, the protection of the bank is paid for out of the town treasury.

cwan.gif
Bribing NPC-guards.
Sacrificing 10% of the robbed money, by promising it to a guard, will bribe the guard, and he will not fight. There will always be at least two incorruptible guards.
Then alone can rob a bank.
t2812.gif
But when a bank robbery at level 10 will have to pay 80% of bribery and trying to either kill the two guards (bots), or blow up the safe and escape.

Bonus duelist: duels that reduce town member’s health, will be reflected in the robbery, as the player who was hurt will be able to withstand less “wounds”, ( have lower health.)

Current Workaround.
None.

Abuse Prevention.
--

Summary.
What is the wild west without a bank robbery? I am sure that bank robbery would be enjoyable for all, and be as popular as fort battles.

I suggest this as the basic idea. The bank is attacked by online-players, but defends NPC-security and players off-line (usually). Developers would be best suited to calculate the power of the NPC-guards, so that robbing a bank is very difficult. Therefore, NPC guards will be very strong. We must find a balance between "easy" and "very difficult".

I believe that this idea has a future!
Above all, it is necessary to think about the entire idea, and add some restrictions.

Administration.
?
?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Typically, new and small towns have little money in the treasury, because all the money is spent on construction of buildings. And these cities are not attractive for robbers.

Today, the old town with a one resident, and the treasury in which there are two million dollars, is the most attractive to robbers. I will say from my own experience: to get two million in the treasury, there is only one way: the players leave the game and sell their clothes. Easy money! Two million earned by quitting the game; money that is not helping the players or the game at all.
It is silly to cry that this money will be stolen. So do not cry for your two million in the treasury, if the bank is robbed! It's just a game. ;)
The NPC-guards at the bank can be strong or weak based on each individual situation. There is no guarantee that any attack would be successful. Maybe 20% of the attacks will end successfully. Maybe 10%. Maybe 50%.
But not 100%! NPC-guards have to be a serious obstacle.

I am convinced, that robbing many banks, even if they are very rich, will not cause significant inflation. The quantity of wealthy banks is not large. In addition market prices generally stabilize themselves.

----------------------------------------
Discuss! I hope that the game "The West" will delight us with new experiences.

If you have any questions for me, if possible, use simple phrases so that the translation is easy. Together, we can consider the idea to the smallest detail. But developers can change everything. So let's not quarrel.
Again, sorry for the translation. :)

DeletedUser

I don't see a very high rate of winning, personally, if tracker john's idea was to be polled I would vote a yes, but for this, sorry, a no.

DeletedUser363

I'm all for any new type of pvp content in this game. I'm sure the devs could balance this out so both the defenders and attackers have a fair chance of winning.

DeletedUser

I don't see a very high rate of winning, personally, if tracker john's idea was to be polled I would vote a yes, but for this, sorry, a no.

Thank you for the comment now for my comment on this style of bank robbery:

While I think bank robbery in some form should be part of The West, we have to remember that is has to fit within the structure and features of the current game if we expect the developers to implement it. I like this idea but I also realize that even if it passes, the developers would not implement it for two reasons (IMHO):

1. Complexity of the idea. This idea is not too complex and would require too much programming to implement. They basically have to design a "Fort Fighting II" game within a game.

2. It would conflict with Fort Fighting schedules. Any feature that draws players away from fort fighting won't be implemented by the developers IMHO. This primary rule has to be considered with any idea, not just bank robberies. If the event can be "scheduled" then it can be scheduled to intentionally conflict with fort fights, if it's an instantaneous event then it can be activated at the beginning of a fort fight to distract or draw players away from a battle.

DeletedUser

i like the idea, just the skills can change

aiming^0,4 for increase chance of hit
doding^0,4 for increase chance of dodge
Hiding when a defender tries to shoot or dodge a shot.
leadership when an attacker tries to shoot or dodge a shot.
tactic for shooting, but also for defending.

DeletedUser24160

Hmm... I do not seem to support this NCP Guards Idea. And I guess a 3hr warning would be enough...

DeletedUser22493

There are no if's and but's to add to this idea anymore. The idea has been up for discussion long enough (according to idea starter), and he feels it is ready to be sent of to the dev's.

If you like the idea as it is vote yes. If you don't, vote no.

DeletedUser

I think this thread should have been posted on the main page... We would have ended up getting a huge number of people to vote on this issue and would have had a more accurate answer as to what players want in this game... Great idea just not given a fair chance... This would make the west such a fantastic game

DeletedUser22493

The voting is now over (2 weeks has passed).
I think its fair to say that this idea failed to pass the vote.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.