Balancing the Shamun - Poll requested

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Iceman

I would like to request a Poll please, to put this to a vote

I recently used the Shamun to redistribute some Attributes and discovered the inequitability below

Skills cost $50 each to use and recover at $10 a day, which is 20% of the cost to use them and takes 5 days to reset
Attributes cost $250 each to use and also recover at $10 per day, which is 4% of the cost to use them and takes 25 days to reset
I assumed that the Attributes recovered at $50 a day being the same 20% as the Skills
I was horrified to find that based on current cost, that it will take 440 days to zero the Attributes
This is totally unfair and unacceptable in my opinion and needs to be addressed

I was informed by the Community Manager that that's the way it has always been

I propose that a change needs to be made to make the use of Attributes redistribution realistic

Should the Attribute recover at $10 a day
Should the Attributes recover at $50 a day, to bring them inline with the Skill recovery times

Quoted from Page 10 - Post #96 - courtesy of futurama1001
This is an excellent summary :)

This idea is not taking away World 1's "classic" status. It's not making it like the enhanced worlds. It's not adding any new premium and it's not taking away the challenge of World 1. This change will happen to all worlds! Are we forgetting that World 1 is not the only world? There are players on the newer worlds that don't use premium. I know of at least one player who's in a country that isn't supported by premium. These players have just as much trouble respeccing as you do in World 1. It's not making respeccing any cheaper, attributes still cost five times as much as skills! It's not taking away the challenge of respeccing on World 1. You still have to wait to respec and if you wish to do it quickly it's still going to be expensive. The only thing that's changing is that attributes will hit their base cost at the same time as skills which is a totally logical change, the base price of attributes will still be $250, it's still going to be just as expensive and does not take away the worth of attribute points when respeccing.

Last edited:

DeletedUser20685

I would like to request a Poll please, to put this to a vote

I recently used the Shamun to redistribute some Attributes and discovered the inequitability below

Skills cost $50 each to use and recover at $10 a day, which is 20% of the cost to use them and takes 5 days to reset
Attributes cost $250 each to use and also recover at $10 per day, which is 4% of the cost to use them and takes 25 days to reset
I assumed that the Attributes recovered at $50 a day being the same 20% as the Skills
I was horrified to find that based on current cost, that it will take 440 days to zero the Attributes
This is totally unfair and unacceptable in my opinion and needs to be addressed

I was informed by the Community Manager that that's the way it has always been

I propose that a change needs to be made to make the use of Attributes redistribution realistic

Should the Attribute recover at $10 a day
Should the Attributes recover at $50 a day, to bring them inline with the Skill recovery costs

I agree

DeletedUser563

Yep this definitely must be addressed. Create a poll.

In other words eliminate schlepp. 30 x 50 = 1500.

30 x 10 = 300 :mad:

What about resetting the Ap and Sp points to their base values at the start of each month.

For example I am currently respeccing to complete the final animal spirits quest. At $2000 a AP it is going very slow. And I am atleast respeccing 3 ap's a day. That means my cost each day increases by 140 for per ap point. After that I will also respec towards the travelling circus quest which will involve only sp's but still. No wonder we have never any money :(

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

YES, I Agree Whole Heartly!

A Lot needs to be Addressed in this World to make it Like the others!
i.e.
Hour's to DO a JOB
Use of NUGGETS!
Etc:mad:

DeletedUser

Yes - this is especially important on W1 because we don't have any other shaman options.

DeletedUser

to reset 1 SP it requires 5 days( at 10 $/day = 50$)

1AP = 5SP...so using this to recover 1AP it should require 5*5 days=25 days and in amount of money 5*50$=250$.
than it comes out to be 250$ in 25 days = 10$ /day

may be devs used this formula...

DeletedUser

This isn't going to be changed because the devs wanna take money out of the game and want to encourage people to use nuggets, which this is doing wonderfully. Frankly, I'm surprised that people are making such a big deal out of this after it's been part of the game for a long time....it's been staring you in the face the whole time......

The Iceman

to reset 1 SP it requires 5 days( at 10 $/day = 50$)

1AP = 5SP...so using this to recover 1AP it should require 5*5 days=25 days and in amount of money 5*50$=250$.
than it comes out to be 250$ in 25 days = 10$ /day

may be devs used this formula...
Did you overlook the fact in your calculation, that it costs 5 times as much for the Attributes,
So it shouldn't take 5 times as long

The Iceman

This isn't going to be changed because the devs wanna take money out of the game and want to encourage people to use nuggets, which this is doing wonderfully.
The Devs do not benefit by taking more money out of the game in World 1 by leaving the Shamun as is
There is no option to use Nuggets on the Shamun in World 1, as it is classed as a Classic World, so it could be addressed, based on the fact that we cannot reset the Shamun

Last edited:

DeletedUser

A couple years ago I had assumed that shaman AP costs went down $50 a day, and yes, it has always seemed like it should. Still, I don't think the idea deserves special treatment and should still be in the proper format and only given a poll when moved to Development Discussions after a period of discussion.

DeletedUser

not to mention the double post. 1 ap = 5 sp, therefore tne regen rate is 5x slower because moving 1 ap is equivalent to moving 5 sp at once. and as we can see, moving in packets of 5 is quite inefficient.

DeletedUser

the main basis to calculate is time required to reset not the money required..
if we reset 1SP in 5 days , 1 AP should take 25 days.

DeletedUser9470

im not sure this is a good idea, the price is thus because you are moving 5 skill points in one go, thus it should cost 5 times more, thus it should recover 5 times less quickly than 1 SP.

The Iceman

the main basis to calculate is time required to reset not the money required..
if we reset 1SP in 5 days , 1 AP should take 25 days.
20% of each $50 skill is $10
Multiply five $50 skills by $10 = $50 per Attribute, which is the same 20% reduction
Each skill represents 20% of an Attribute cost, being $10 each
All five of the skills in an Attribute should reduce by $10 per day at the same time, which equeals $50 reduction on an Attribute
Remember we paid 5 times as much for it so it should'nt take 5 times as long to reset
I can see you logic, if we paid $50 for an attribute, then 25 days would be justified

DeletedUser9470

20% of each $50 skill is $10
Multiply five $50 skills by $10 = $50 per Attribute, which is the same 20% reduction
Each skill represents 20% of an Attribute cost, being $10 each
All five of the skills in an Attribute should reduce by $10 per day at the same time, which equeals $50 reduction on an Attribute
Remember we paid 5 times as much for it so it should'nt take 5 times as long to reset
I can see you logic, if we paid $50 for an attribute, then 25 days would be justified

except when you move 5 sps it actually costs $350

DeletedUser

Of course the players love it. shaman resets 5x faster for att in this idea. Question is, how will the suits upstairs like a feature that will lower their "placate shaman" income? Hell, I need the idea right now, I guess I'm just pessimistic by nature..

DeletedUser

I wouldn't mind a faster shaman regeneration either, but I'm having a bit of trouble seeing what is wrong with the current system.

- If you move 5 skillpoints, the cost will go from $50 to $100, which will take 5 days to reset.
- If you move 1 Attribute, the cost will go from $250 to $300, which will also take 5 days to reset.

Since 1 Attribute point is technically worth 5 skillpoints, I think it makes sense that resetting an attribute point would take the same time as resetting 5 skillpoints.

Status
Not open for further replies.